Gun Spread

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So it bugs me a bit how the EE-3 is the only weapon to use progressive gun spread.

How about apply it to all weapons, even pistols, for constant, continued fire?

I think it should be variable depending on the weapon with pistols being affected the least.

Just would encourage more precision and less spray. The clone rifle needs this the most, in my opinion. Just doesn't seem fair to make only one weapon use it.

It doesn't make sense to put it on other weapons. Progressive gun spread doesn't make sense in general. I would assume they did this cause the ee-3's dmg is insane. For argument's sake, it makes sense for a pistol to not have spread because it would be easier to control while running vs a two-handed rifle. But, if they nerfed the dmg of the rifle's primary fire, I wouldn't be against them removing progressive gun spread and just make it like the e-11's spread.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I think the only gun that really actually needs it is the clone rifle. It wouldn't really hurt putting it on all weapons, except snipers. Removing it from EE-3 is cool too, though.

Preston

Nerd
I think the only gun that really actually needs it is the clone rifle. It wouldn't really hurt putting it on all weapons, except snipers. Removing it from EE-3 is cool too, though.
Yes it would hurt all weapons, it would make jedi op m9, + slow down ganeplay

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
It's part of what makes EE-3 unique, putting it on every other gun achieve much other than taking away some variety IMO. Other guns have a trade-off between movement and accuracy instead of between fire rate and accuracy. Unless you remove the accuracy penalty from movement on all the other guns, this would definitely be a pretty huge nerf.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
It's part of what makes EE-3 unique, putting it on every other gun achieve much other than taking away some variety IMO. Other guns have a trade-off between movement and accuracy instead of between fire rate and accuracy. Unless you remove the accuracy penalty from movement on all the other guns, this would definitely be a pretty huge nerf.
It just isn't fair to put this hindrance on only one gun in the whole game especially when others would be more suited for it.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
It just isn't fair to put this hindrance on only one gun in the whole game especially when others would be more suited for it.
It's only a hindrance if you don't control your fire. Mandos are a very mobile class because they have a jetpack. EE-3 having the ability to ignore the usual movement-dependent accuracy rules of the game is more of a bonus than a hindrance for mandos.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
For argument's sake, it makes sense for a pistol to not have spread because it would be easier to control while running vs a two-handed rifle.

Actually, in real life, it is equally opposite (shooting small firearms while running is most inaccurate thing you can do).

Actually, in real life, it is equally opposite (shooting small firearms while running is most inaccurate thing you can do).

Pretty sure running at full speed with a two handed weapon vs a pistol, a pistol has the better accuracy. It's not perfect, no. But, it's more accurate that trying to run at full speed while having a weapon with both hands. Unless, its a shotgun....

*Shotgun for open please*

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Pretty sure running at full speed with a two handed weapon vs a pistol, a pistol has the better accuracy.

Actually, no - rifle is more stable, even while running (which is still the worst situation for aiming). Thats - and penetration power - is why soldiers opt for carbines, and even special forces units (the ones considered to work in close quarters/ tight corridors) use sub-carbines instead of just powerful pistols.

In real life, the only advantage of pistol is reduced weight, portability, and being more easily concealed (all of three combined is not a small feat, mind you). Hoever, there is no use case where pistol is more accurate than a carbine/rifle (given hypothetical "neutral" circumstances, like same quality of craftmanship, skill of shooter, etc.). Simply, the shooting position and reduced barrel length doesn't allow for it.

But, we're already drifting into off-topic zone ;)

Ps.

And shotgun is not accurate, at all. Even one shotting slugs instead of cartridges. It is made for entirely different use case - but, I'm sure that you actually meant ability to hit target due to spray effect with pellets, not actual accuracy of shoot ;)

Actually, no - rifle is more stable, even while running (which is still the worst situation for aiming). Thats - and penetration power - is why soldiers opt for carbines, and even special forces units (the ones considered to work in close quarters/ tight corridors) use sub-carbines instead of just powerful pistols.

In real life, the only advantage of pistol is reduced weight, portability, and being more easily concealed (all of three combined is not a small feat, mind you). Hoever, there is no use case where pistol is more accurate than a carbine/rifle (given hypothetical "neutral" circumstances, like same quality of craftmanship, skill of shooter, etc.). Simply, the shooting position and reduced barrel length doesn't allow for it.

But, we're already drifting into off-topic zone ;)

Ps.

And shotgun is not accurate, at all. Even one shotting slugs instead of cartridges. It is made for entirely different use case - but, I'm sure that you actually meant ability to hit target due to spray effect with pellets, not actual accuracy of shoot ;)

Alright, let's leave the "real life" scenarios for real life since they don't really have any effect or meaning when we are talking about firearms that fire lasers (unless you all are planning on pulling an EA Battlefield in the future). In the gaming world of (insert random shooter here), a pistol has always been considered a high damage/accuracy weapon with relatively low ammo. A two-handed rifle has always had lower damage than a pistol, a higher rate of fire and high gun spread unless proned/crouched. The only kind of accuracy penalty that I have seen for pistols consistently is recoil. But, again recoil is pretty non-existent in mb2.

To stay on topic, progressive gun spread as mentioned by the op, doesn't make sense for any weapon in mb2 except maybe the clone rifle due to its extremely large clip. I don't think players should be penalized for having good aim with a high damage weapon. The only reason I can even think that it would of been added, is for balance reasons, considering how much damage primary fire on the ee-3 does. I think this gun can be re-balanced and the progressive gun spread should be removed. Nowadays, I see more people using the ee-3 as a sniper rifle anyway.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It doesn't make sense to put it on other weapons. Progressive gun spread doesn't make sense in general. I would assume they did this cause the ee-3's dmg is insane. For argument's sake, it makes sense for a pistol to not have spread because it would be easier to control while running vs a two-handed rifle. But, if they nerfed the dmg of the rifle's primary fire, I wouldn't be against them removing progressive gun spread and just make it like the e-11's spread.

Your logic that a one handed weapon is more stable than a two handed weapon? The main issue of gun play in MBII is that Fire rate > Everything, with the exception of P3 due to P3 being impossibly accurate and a 1 hit kill on most classes.

Especially with the retarded idea of flinch. Tell me, what is easier to hit with at point blank, a Clone Pistol... or a CR3?

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
To me, the spread seems like a very cool mechanic and interesting thing to use. Yes, it makes the EE-3 unique where you can have very accurate shots while moving if you use fire discipline. But during an extensive fire fight the weapon has an extreme disadvantage. What weapons do people really blast full auto continuously, though? Clone rifle and E-11? Just make the spread be progressive by each shot fired, so high rate of fire weapons only really get the penalty. For the lower rate weapons it would still be there but you would have to be firing very extensively.

This could give more incentive for people to use say CR1 or wait between bursts of the DLT/A280.

Apply it to dual pistols and it gives incentive to switch to single fire mode. Do it on the P3 and it gives incentive to switch fire modes as well, waiting for the big shots when they count.

I don't mean make all guns as drastic as the EE-3 because that is quite a high RoF weapon. Just variable per weapon and how long it has been continuously firing. Such as the CR3 would spread out very quickly. CR2 would be about the same as the EE-3, E-11 secondary just less so.

Most people fire in smaller bursts anyway so this would only really affect those trying to make laser beams of blaster fire.

Not to mention it would discourage long range firefights in favor for mid to close range ones. Good thing for short rounds.

I would prefer just to have charge shot back.

I think this is something a lot of people would agree on. The burst is hardly used, and if it does it's typically ineffective.

Aim almost always wins with the current system. Creating more random elements would hurt the game. Messing with details such as these is not something I'd ever recommend.

I find p2 burst shot good, p3 burst shot bad. I'm not even sure if p3 burst shot's dmg is better than just doing a single shot with it.

P2 is awesome for nade soldier/ET, it allows you to quickly deal damage on knocked down opponents, something you couldn't do with charge shot.

Let's be honest, charge shots were hardly ever used too. In my experience people use burst shots slightly more.