•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Guide to install MB II on MAC / Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, been a few years since i have been here playing. But i decided to install this wonderful mod on Mac and it took me a while to get it working.

Anyway heres a guide to make it easy for you all Mac guys :)

Download the game on Steam.

Download the Modification
Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.1 download

Open Steam Folder.
> Right click on game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
> Properties
> Local Files
> Browse Local Files

You will find the folder " Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy "
> Right click
> Show package contents

You will see folder
" Contents " and " installscript_osx.vdf "
> click and open Contents
> Move ALL FILES from the newly downloaded Modification folder ( mb2-v1-3 ) into " Contents " ( Equivalent of Game Data in MAC )

Go to folder " MB II "
Copy " z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 " from MB II folder and paste into Base folder ( This will remove any bugs with models )
Remove the remaining " z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 " in folder MB II

Download Jedi Academy MP Launcher
http://jkhub.org/files/file/1019-jedi-academy-mp-launcher-for-os-x/
> Open folder
> Move "JKJALaunch.app" into Jedi Academy folder ( Will appear beside " Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy " )
> Double click " JKJALaunch.app "

Choose Multiplayer.
> Go to SETUP
> Load MB II Mod

And finally
> Go to SETUP
> Game Options
> Turn " Allow Downloads " to OFF

You are done! Happy gaming :) See you on the servers.

( Instructions are still the same if .app is not shown after your files, it just depends on your settings )

* If you for some reason need to use the console the command is " SHIFT " + " < " for Mac

Last edited:
  1. Yeah I'll nuke it again haha. Brb
    1. Download JKA on steam
    2. Download Halloween manual update ZIP (1.3.2) from news forum
    3. Extract 1.3.2 zip file, moving all files in it to contents file of the Steam JKA file
    4. No need to copy and remove BaseAssets file, cause it's no longer there in the 1.3.2 zip file anymore
    5. Download JKJA launcher and put it in the Jedi Academy folder, next to the app itself
    6. double click that and launch the multiplayer (along with the "+set fs_game MBII" start/command line option... allowing the mod to be loaded without going to setup and loading it manually)
    7. That's basically it, besides selecting a server and waiting for the game to crash

Yeah I'll nuke it again haha. Brb
  1. Download JKA on steam
  3. Extract 1.3.2 zip file, moving all files in it to contents file of the Steam JKA file
  4. No need to copy and remove BaseAssets file, cause it's no longer there in the 1.3.2 zip file anymore
  5. Download JKJA launcher and put it in the Jedi Academy folder, next to the app itself
  6. double click that and launch the multiplayer (along with the "+set fs_game MBII" start/command line option... allowing the mod to be loaded without going to setup and loading it manually)
  7. That's basically it, besides selecting a server and waiting for the game to crash

1. Download JKA on steam
Oh wtf, sorry didn't mean to post that twice. It didn't appear on the forum when I went to refresh.... sorry about that

1. Download JKA on steam
Woah woah, the launcher will install movie battles for you.
You don't need to do anything else, the launcher does everything.
All you need to do is download and install JKA and make sure its updated.

Then download the launcher and have it install movie battles, make sure those 2 options are enabled when doing this under settings, which is check integrity on launch and complete install under settings.
This is what the user Taxi did when I helped him, he was on mac just like you, however I don't know if he used the guide as well as my instructions.

Oh wtf, sorry didn't mean to post that twice. It didn't appear on the forum when I went to refresh.... sorry about that
Just edit your 2nd post so you don't provide a 3rd.

Last edited:
Woah woah, the launcher will install movie battles for you.
You don't need to do anything else, the launcher does everything.
All you need to do is download and install JKA and make sure its updated.
Then download the launcher and have it install movie battles, make sure those 2 options are enabled when doing this under settings, which is check integrity on launch and complete install under settings.
Ok i'll try that... I do think it's different on mac though, the windows launcher seems to have more to it than the mac does

Even if it is different, doesn't hurt to try.
Of course. Just did, didn't work. Damn't, fuck mac :mad:. This launcher is practically just a shortcut from going to the regular multiplayer and selection setup and loading the mod manually. I have no clue on what to do form here, other than buying a computer than runs windows haha

This is what happens when you grew up listening jobs.
I am not sure what to do to be honest. I was going to suggest team viewer and I would do it for you, but im not sure if it will work with pc to mac.
Not to mention its privacy intrusive and turns people off.

This is what happens when you grew up listening jobs.
I am not sure what to do to be honest. I was going to suggest team viewer and I would do it for you, but im not sure if it will work with pc to mac.
Not to mention its privacy intrusive and turns people off.
No I'd be willing to try that, basically a last resort cause everything else has failed and I'm still new to this stuff anyways. I can go download it right now if you'd like

No I'd be willing to try that, basically a last resort cause everything else has failed and I'm still new to this stuff anyways. I can go download it right now if you'd like
Shelf this for now, wait for what other people have say before we do this.
For all we know I may be entirely wrong, and the team-viewer attempt would be a fruitless.

Yeah I'll nuke it again haha. Brb
NOOOOOO. Omg, it literally got into the server i selected and loaded all the way.... AND THEN CRASHED. What i did differently: I noticed that the 1.3.2 update file was an update of the 1.3.1, so instead of nuking everything and then just downloading the new firmware, I nuked everything, followed this guide, and then dragged the new update into the contents folder. NOW..... any new ideas on what could be going wrong??? EVEN CLOSER NOW OMG hahahaa im going nuts

Getting this error when I run the launcher from its contents folder (I wasn't doing that before, but I'm desperate now and just trying random things and have stumbled upon this error message).
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 10.44.08 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.