•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Guide to install MB II on MAC / Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, been a few years since i have been here playing. But i decided to install this wonderful mod on Mac and it took me a while to get it working.

Anyway heres a guide to make it easy for you all Mac guys :)

Download the game on Steam.

Download the Modification
Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.1 download

Open Steam Folder.
> Right click on game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
> Properties
> Local Files
> Browse Local Files

You will find the folder " Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy "
> Right click
> Show package contents

You will see folder
" Contents " and " installscript_osx.vdf "
> click and open Contents
> Move ALL FILES from the newly downloaded Modification folder ( mb2-v1-3 ) into " Contents " ( Equivalent of Game Data in MAC )

Go to folder " MB II "
Copy " z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 " from MB II folder and paste into Base folder ( This will remove any bugs with models )
Remove the remaining " z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3 " in folder MB II

Download Jedi Academy MP Launcher
http://jkhub.org/files/file/1019-jedi-academy-mp-launcher-for-os-x/
> Open folder
> Move "JKJALaunch.app" into Jedi Academy folder ( Will appear beside " Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy " )
> Double click " JKJALaunch.app "

Choose Multiplayer.
> Go to SETUP
> Load MB II Mod

And finally
> Go to SETUP
> Game Options
> Turn " Allow Downloads " to OFF

You are done! Happy gaming :) See you on the servers.

( Instructions are still the same if .app is not shown after your files, it just depends on your settings )

* If you for some reason need to use the console the command is " SHIFT " + " < " for Mac

Last edited:
So far has worked, but now is only listing a couple servers (and doesn't have any players on them as well, unlike the servers listed in the server list online). Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
God, I'm so close. I have the latest mod (1.3.2) and i have the JKJA launcher working to start the regular multiplayer. I then load the mod through setup, all is good so far. All of the servers now show up as well, but when I try to connect to one, it starts to load and then crashes. SO CLOSE DX

God, I'm so close. I have the latest mod (1.3.2) and i have the JKJA launcher working to start the regular multiplayer. I then load the mod through setup, all is good so far. All of the servers now show up as well, but when I try to connect to one, it starts to load and then crashes. SO CLOSE DX
Parker, try this: Disable EAX in your sound options, it may solve any unexplained crashing problems.

And as for the JKJA Launcher, hold down shift when you start, and you'll see a settings screen. Under 'Command Line Options' enter in "+set fs_game MBII".

Ok, so I still haven't had any luck yet. I just nuked everything and started form scratch and am still getting the same results. Any ideas guys? The game crashes after loading for a tiny bit once i try to join a server

Ok, so I still haven't had any luck yet. I just nuked everything and started form scratch and am still getting the same results. Any ideas guys? The game crashes after loading for a tiny bit once i try to join a server
I should say: The game crashes directly to the desktop, no error messages pop up, just a window asking if I'd like to report the app's crash to Apple. I'm so close to playing this aggghhhhh

Just going to paste this for context sake, yes I told him to post this in his thread.
Hey bigboss, I still need help getting my movie battles to work. Im so close now. There was a thread on here that gave instructions on how to get the mod on a mac, and it almost worked. Everything is fine untill I go to select a server from the join menu. Once it loads for a couple of seconds, the entire game crashes. Would you have any idea on what to do from here?

Does it just crash to desktop, or does it provide a error and crash?
Also I would post this in your thread, so other people can assist in helping you. I am still new to this scene and just know the basic fixes and work arounds.

Just going to paste this for context sake, yes I told him to post this in his thread.

Does it just crash to desktop, or does it provide a error and crash?
Also I would post this in your thread, so other people can assist in helping you. I am still new to this scene and just know the basic fixes and work arounds.
^... sorry I stated this like right before you pasted that... It just crashes straight to the desktop, no error message.

Yeah im kinda stumped here, you did the clean start and now its just crashing to desktop.
Are you sure you're not doing anything, like can you do it again and write down the steps as you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.