[Guide] Port Forwarding

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Im not too sure whether its running on the port 29071.
Just read my post above =\
It has a screenshot, which explains an issue perfectly.
How do I change this?
Stop running game client (MBII itself) BEFORE running a server.
Start the server, THEN launch game (if you even need to run MBII, actually).

OR, change port in game's config, NOT server's config:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg
My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg

Game is not a server, but game opens port anyway.
By default, that port is 29070.
Port that is already opened cannot be used by any other process, including MBII server.
Either shut down a process which took over 29070 (Movie Battles client), or make Movie Battles use some other port.

Are you sure that IP of a computer where MBII server is running is 192.168.1.151?

Are you sure that firewall of a router is OFF ("Configuration" tab of your screenshot)? Remember, ICMP protocol must be allowed as well, so any "firewall protection" have to be disabled.

Are you sure that software firewalls, including third-party (Comodo, Kaspersky, NOD32 etc), and Windows built-in firewall are either off or configured properly?

Are you sure that MBII server is actually using 29070 port, not 29071? Scroll in console windows to see what port is actually used. More info (my post just above in this thread): [Guide] Port Forwarding

Are you able to see your server here: Movie Battles II Server List ?
Okay ive done something and its now all working fine, thanks for the help <3

It doesn't work for me. The server is only showing up when I add the ip to "My favourites" and when I try to join it it just keep saying "Awaiting Connection 1... 2... 3..." and so on.

Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 334
  • help 2.PNG
    help 2.PNG
    54.4 KB · Views: 404

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
It doesn't work for me. The server is only showing up when I add the ip to "My favourites" and when I try to join it it just keep saying "Awaiting Connection 1... 2... 3..." and so on.

Here are some screenshots:
Can you send a screenshot of the information displayed when you run "ipconfig" in cmd?