Gtkradiant textures load fail

Hi there,

I m interessted in mapping. Thats why I installed Gtkradiant. I already designed my first room. While compiling the log says "texture load failed".
I do not understand why the textures can not be found because I can open my Gamedata/base folder where the folder "textures" is including all the files.
I already checked the path which is directing directly to the Gamedata folder.

Maybe somebody has an idea?
I am using Gtkradiant 1.5 because I have troubles installing 1.6

thanks and regards ;)
viper

Upvote 0

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There isn't an installer for 1.6, you download it and move it wherever you want to use it. I personally haven't used 1.5 so I can't help you there, but I'd recommend getting 1.6 working.

Finally i can run it. One more question. do I have to unpack the asset.pk3 files to have access to the textures (eg yavin) or does 1.6 does that automatically?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
No, the textures should be there already. If you want to add your own textures just move them to /base/textures.

A quick note: if you want to test your map out with just a compiled .BSP, you'll need to set sv_pure to 0 whenever you want to test. Pretty sure the engine refreshes that whenever you restart the game, so you'll need to do it every time.

I had to put the textures manually. dont ask me why. I compiled and received an yellow Error which says "Version key not found in C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/base/scripts/default_project.proj" any idea what does that mean? My JKA is original.