Grenade Warning

So I genuinely feel that random nade spammage really kills off gameplay no matter what class you are, especially if haven't even noticed it being thrown.

Not really looking to curb dmg on whatever on them, but rather just an alert when there's a nearby nade? Like most FPS shooters do? Only makes sense considering we implimented a warning alert when you're being gripped.

Preston

Nerd
Yes you can, you open the door and throw the grenade.
Last I checked concussion grenades cant hit people through walls and the door designs in this game are giant bulky things that open by them selves when one player is within a inch of it. We don't have counter strike doors where you have to press E and only one person at a time can go through.

And there are mines in this game, the ET sonic grenade has a right click option that turns it into a proximity mine.
Thats completly different from c4. And if you put c4 behind a door, some poor soul has to open it and die basically to neutralize the c4

Preston

Nerd
Theres what, an average of maybe 4 doors for the way to obj. And 2 lives for et. Thats atleast 2 out of 4 doors that could have a mine from 1 guy alone. Youre starting to bring up completly irrelevant stuff now. And please stop posting your stupid jedi bias in every single thread, especially when this thread has nothing to do with jedi and is completely off the current topic

Last edited:
How can the C3's be spammed if nobody plays the class?
You said people would spam them and I said no it wouldn't because people don't even play the class outside of like 2 people per team. Everyone plays jedi because "pop culture" so how can remote explosives be spammed if its just one person using them?

And it is on topic because I am talking about an explosive without an indicator.
So I am going to have to ask you to stop playing victim and accusing people of trying to imbalance the game.
Because it seems to me you just don't want people to counter your playstyle period.

That's another problem though, if there's a C4 right behind the door someone is forced to open it, but they cannot go through it and find cover in order to retaliate to any defenses on the other side, they are stuck in the choke-point doorway until the C4 is dealt with, which you may not even know is there. Being stuck in a door choke-point is the last thing you want, you need to rush through the choke-point to lessen the damage you take, if you idle in it, you're fucked.

The sonic grenade can be excused, as it's not a proximity mine, it's just an idle grenade that needs to be shot in order to detonate. Every time I tried to use it as a proximity mine, it never worked, I had to manually target it and shoot it myself to detonate it as it would never go off on it's own.

So your saying the mindgame itself is going to destroy the balance?
Hmm sounds familiar to a point somebody else brought up.

Well, I guess you just have to go around it or open the door and gently lob a grenade and see if there is anything behind the door.
That is pretty easy to counter, I mean simply going around the booby trapped door and then disarming it from the other-side doesn't sound difficult at all.

I bet I could beat the person before he hit the detonation if I used speed or was really fast and unpredictable.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
How can the C3's be spammed if nobody plays the class?
You said people would spam them and I said no it wouldn't because people don't even play the class outside of like 2 people per team.

And it is on topic because I am talking about an explosive without an indicator.
So I am going to have to ask you to stop playing victim and accusing people of trying to imbalance the game.
Because it seems to me you just don't want people to counter your playstyle period.

So your saying the mindgame itself is going to destroy the balance?
Hmm sounds familiar to a point somebody else brought up.

Well, I guess you just have to go around it or open the door and gently lob a grenade and see if there is anything behind the door.
That is pretty easy to counter, I mean simply going around the booby trapped door and then disarming it from the other-side doesn't sound difficult at all.
uh what. how is saying "tell that to the 12 jedi" on topic rofl. And me the victim card? what?? you're the one crying about how jedi are so unbalanced and broken in every thread. And accusing people of unbalancing the game? what? The only person who's ideas would unbalance the game seems to beisides you in this thread atm. And I never accused you of wanting to unbalance the game rofl. Pls go more off topic. And actually a lot of people play the class first of all, secondly as I said it would take maybe 2 people with a explosive mine to entirely shut down all the doorways until someone blows up for them.
and my play-style? what? You don't even know what you're talking about at this point.
And actually these "mines" would be great with one of my playstyles. but it would also be op and slow down the game, which again. the devs wont do

You just accused me of derailing when I wasn't, and now your doing it because I called you out on it.
Yeah you have some personal beef that you need to get over, because anytime somebody suggests anything you overreact and then pick fights.

I am just going to ignore the personal attacks so the thread can stay civil and wait for Twicedead to respond.

Last edited:
Because mines don't work well in shooters?

Please.

What to do when you see or suspect a mine? Same thing you do every other time Pinky.
Go around it, disarm it, detonate it. Or take over the world. One of those.

Caught off guard you're screwed based on proximity. Just like any other nade. Might kill, might just damage or you can skirt it altogether. Surprise. Oh wait, that taboo word. Surprise. People don't like surprises. I find its more because they refuse to adapt than because of any actual merit:)

Many things can be done to *balance* a mine. If it's a proximity mine, same thing you do with sonics.
If its remote detonation, add a delay to the trigger and/or a tick off. You'd have to anticipate to actually have it useful.

Limit the amount. Make it only LOS detonable.

I can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head. With a fever. Under medication. Drinking tea:) But hey, change. It is the enemy. :rolleyes:

When are these *people* going to suggest ideas instead of just saying, no, there's just *no way* it would work in mb.:rolleyes:
Garbage nonsense.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And as to 'Slowing Down Gameplay'. You know what slows down gameplay? Snipers. Let's remove them. You know what slows down gameplay? Not giving a damn if you win or lose the round. Tell me again, oh great and mighty devs, why you removed any impetus to actually give a damn on how a round turns out and instead promote with a flaming rainblow flag the gaycampfest/running routinely encountered since you removed the threat of death?

You know what else slows down gameplay? Time. Remove time. Actually, scratch that. Players slow down gameplay. Things would go a lot smoother and faster if we just replaced everyone with bots.

The Singularity. It is coming. A bot/npc with an instagib weapon, perfect aim up the wazzuh. Harder to beat than even the *good* players.
Bow before the might of the machine!

:D

You lack imagination.

Preston

Nerd
You just accused me of derailing when I wasn't, and now your doing it because I called you out on it.
Yeah you have some personal beef that you need to get over, because anytime somebody suggests anything you overreact and then pick fights.

I am just going to ignore the personal attacks so the thread can stay civil and wait for Twicedead to respond.
LOL you are u srs? you completely derailed the topic, "tell that to the 12 jedi". and now i'm doing "it" cause you "called me out on it" doign what exactly? and calling me out on what exactly? personal beef? what? all i've done is said how the idea wont work and wont be balanced and will be a time waster. The only beef that is in this thread atm is you with jedi. by making a comment like "tell that to the 12 jedi". you honestly cant be serious. Or you are just spouting random words that have no relevance because you know your argument is flawed. And you seem to be refusing to answer any of my questions above. almost like your trying to cover up your derailment lol. also personal attacks? unless you include me telling you that you post your jedi hate in almost every thread about game balance, then I havn't. the only personal threat that has happen is when you got mad and said "It appears you just don't want people to counter your play style period." much hypocritical, wow very sad. bark. And keeping the thread civil? you are the one who started with the sarcastic comments lol.
Because mines don't work well in shooters?

Please.

What to do when you see or suspect a mine? Same thing you do every other time Pinky.
Go around it, disarm it, detonate it. Or take over the world. One of those.

Caught off guard you're screwed based on proximity. Just like any other nade. Might kill, might just damage or you can skirt it altogether. Surprise. Oh wait, that taboo word. Surprise. People don't like surprises. I find its more because they refuse to adapt than because of any actual merit:)

Many things can be done to *balance* a mine. If it's a proximity mine, same thing you do with sonics.
If its remote detonation, add a delay to the trigger and/or a tick off. You'd have to anticipate to actually have it useful.

Limit the amount. Make it only LOS detonable.

I can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head. With a fever. Under medication. Drinking tea:) But hey, change. It is the enemy. :rolleyes:

When are these *people* going to suggest ideas instead of just saying, no, there's just *no way* it would work in mb.:rolleyes:
Garbage nonsense.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And as to 'Slowing Down Gameplay'. You know what slows down gameplay? Snipers. Let's remove them. You know what slows down gameplay? Not giving a damn if you win or lose the round. Tell me again, oh great and mighty devs, why you removed any impetus to actually give a damn on how a round turns out and instead promote with a flaming rainblow flag the gaycampfest/running routinely encountered since you removed the threat of death?

You know what else slows down gameplay? Time. Remove time. Actually, scratch that. Players slow down gameplay. Things would go a lot smoother and faster if we just replaced everyone with bots.

The Singularity. It is coming. A bot/npc with an instagib weapon, perfect aim up the wazzuh. Harder to beat than even the *good* players.
Bow before the might of the machine!

:D

You lack imagination.
Like I said i believe, for mines to work theyd have to be stupidly nerfed and useless. And im not the one whos all about slowing down gameplay, just repeatign what the devs said awhile back. even though they added flame grenades that slow down gameplay... but whateverrrr.

Also im pretty sure mines were suggested a while back. and i believe devs responded with it would slow down gamepaly. and also you cant go around a door when all the doors are blocked with a mine behind them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggested C4 esq weapon called C3 for booby traps but I guess mines could replace my idea.
However I don't see how a player controlled detonation device would destroy the game or slow it down when you can play as a droidka and time waste.

LOL you are u srs? you completely derailed the topic, "tell that to the 12 jedi". and now i'm doing "it" cause you "called me out on it" doign what exactly? and calling me out on what exactly? personal beef? what? all i've done is said how the idea wont work and wont be balanced and will be a time waster. The only beef that is in this thread atm is you with jedi. by making a comment like "tell that to the 12 jedi". you honestly cant be serious. Or you are just spouting random words that have no relevance because you know your argument is flawed. And you seem to be refusing to answer any of my questions above. almost like your trying to cover up your derailment lol. also personal attacks? unless you include me telling you that you post your jedi hate in almost every thread about game balance, then I havn't. the only personal threat that has happen is when you got mad and said "It appears you just don't want people to counter your play style period." much hypocritical, wow very sad. bark. And keeping the thread civil? you are the one who started with the sarcastic comments lol.

Yeah like I said im just going to ignore the personal attacks, goading me isn't proving your innocence.
You were asked to stop, and here you again. Attacking somebody for simply having a different opinion.

Delay with remote? Open door. Jump/roll back or run forward/away. Shoot it before it blows?
This is not hard. At least pretend to try. Why don't you try to think of suggestions to how they could work? It's not that much harder, I know you can do it if you try. Just believe!

Fire nades need a minor buff. Direct contact hit with secondary should engulf target in flame immediately but cancel any splash/surface fire. Or keep the splash/surface fire.
Now whose going to say to me that's op? I'll laugh and tell you to roll it off. Hmmm...maybe secondary fire nades should knock you down on direct hit instead and then splash/surface fire.

Or knockdown, immediate engulf, and splash/surface fire. That might be a little op. Maybe:) Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah.

Nothing is off the table. Remove the legs, put it on the ground and dance on top.

Back to remote detonaned explosives.The delay is pretty much all you need to do to balance it.
You can trick your opponent into premature detonating it.
You can avoid it if he takes too long.
The only way it'll be effective is if its appropriately placed and timed correctly. Which takes more skill than 1/2 the shit already available.

Ew, rename!

Remote Detonated Timed Explosives!

Fire grenades are the last thing that needs to be touched, that thing harms teams more than helps.
If I had to suggest anything is to remove team damage from them because if somebody isn't griping their teammates they are setting their team on fire.

No. The tk points are fast and punishing even if your teammate survives. It's actually preferable they die since then they can forgive.

Just yesterday some moron walked into the fire and I saw my tk points appear and turn into yellow without even tking the guy.

Crippled me and couldnt even play for 7 rounds. Again. Fucking team.

:)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Aight, no more derailing this poor thread, please. If I come back and I see opinionated dribble going back and forth between two people I'm just gonna close the thread.

Preston and BigBossBigTeef, I suggest you ignore one another. Like, actually use the forum's ignore function, so that you two can quit bickering.