Friendly fire/team damage in MB2

Pretty simple proposal, and I am very curious to hear what the community/developers think: disable team damage by default. Knockdowns from explosives and domino pushes should stay as is imo, but stuff like kicking your teammates over or grappling them with melee kata/grip should not. I think it'd make MB2 just less frustrating to play in general & take away power from teamkillers/griefers when admins aren't around or are unwilling to take action (which is 90% of the time on EU servers). It has to be said that this would affect gameplay to a large degree - throwing nades into an area with both enemies and teammates wouldn't be as bad as it is now, it would also be easier to spam down corridors and lay down suppressing fire since you won't have to care about teammates strafing around in front of you. The arguments for it are pretty obvious - aside from making it difficult for griefers to ruin the game, accidental team damage which can be pretty annoying would no longer be a problem (and it feels like it happens more than ever now that there is such a large proportion of new players).

I personally think it would be worth at least testing out for a couple weeks (not internally but as part of a public build) to see how it affects gameplay because if the knock on effects i mentioned above are minor I think it would be a welcome change.

edit: something else I thought that could be a good middleground between not increasing the amount of spam down chokepoints/corridors but that would at the same time reduce the random damage you take from teammates would be having a 0.25 or 0.3 multiplier for all team damage (that's what CS:GO does and the more I think about this the more I feel like this would be the ideal solution).

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
TK logic/punishment issue.

- Should not depend on damage dealt but rather on actions were made. For example melee move is kinda hard to miss, it is not a blaster shot so it should give you much more TK points.
- TK assists should be implemented as well.
- If person constantly deal damage to you the menu should pop up with the question "The TK actions were made to you. Are they on purpose?" yes/no. You answer "Yes" the griefer's TK points limit instantly loses 200 points (if server have 400 limit griefer will have only 200).
All I see is trolls jumping into teamfire just so they can give a lot of tk points to everybody.

here is my original proposal to changing the system over two years ago:

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
All I see is trolls jumping into teamfire just so they can give a lot of tk points to everybody.

That would be difficult to do and be no worse than it is now anyway. They would have to target a player for a few rounds by which time the player would expect it anyway. There is no solution to people trying to game any system we could come up with.

- If person constantly deal damage to you the menu should pop up with the question "The TK actions were made to you. Are they on purpose?" yes/no. You answer "Yes" the griefer's TK points limit instantly loses 200 points (if server have 400 limit griefer will have only 200).

Very good idea. Should definitely be implemented.

I play support Jedi. Physics sometimes makes pushed nades stick or go the opposite direction of the push. (As if pulled), killing the very teammates I tried to saved.

And every one of those ungrateful fuckers punish. 600 tk points for a failed good dead sucks.

I wish tk points had a cooldown of 3 seconds or so per kill, so 1 nade doesn't get you kicked from the server.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I play support Jedi. Physics sometimes makes pushed nades stick or go the opposite direction of the push. (As if pulled), killing the very teammates I tried to saved.
And every one of those ungrateful fuckers punish. 600 tk points for a failed good dead sucks.
That is exactly what my earlier proposal would fix or at least help a little Reshaping the tk point system

And the nades fly depending on the angle of your push. They fly in completely different ways depending on if you aim your crosshair point on or when the nade is at the edge of your screen. This actually makes it very interesting since you can do some really funky pushes that would otherwise be impossible.

Increase friendly fire. If a blaster bolt just whizzes, yes, whizzes past you, 50% chance of catching on fire.

Stop, drop & roll for those that don't know.

But real men or women with balls burn through it. :mad: