[Fixed] Crosshair moves when strafing in third person

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Well, testing with moo's cfg didn't fix the bug for me. And actually it doesn't seem like client 0 is unaffected by the bug after all... i don't understand what's going on.

But for info i found that cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.5 and cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1 is a good compromise to still be able to play, there's almost no crosshair sway when strafing left-right with your character (though there is a little bit of sway when quickly moving the camera left-right...).

Last edited:
Is it really swaying? I don't think that's quite accurate.
The crosshair seems to track where you'll be firing based on movement direction. Almost like an aim assist.

That's what it feels like to me. Especially flying through the air, westars blazing. It really is easier to shoot the little peoples.

It's just the single pistol and precision blobs that are a problem at times.

In this pursuit of truth, we must endeavor to remember the technological components that we are immersed in. Bits and numbers, weapons, codes, targets, crosshairs, time, space, all must be considered!!

Is it really swaying? I don't think that's quite accurate.
The crosshair seems to track where you'll be firing based on movement direction. Almost like an aim assist.

That's what it feels like to me. Especially flying through the air, westars blazing. It really is easier to shoot the little peoples.

It's just the single pistol and precision blobs that are a problem at times.

In this pursuit of truth, we must endeavor to remember the technological components that we are immersed in. Bits and numbers, weapons, codes, targets, crosshairs, time, space, all must be considered!!
stfu chaos, this bug is serious business

i found that cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.5 and cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1
i'm gonna try this soon, hopefully it will keep the crosshair in the middle of the screen
edit: it helps a bit, it doesn't sway much now, but it still feels a little weird when crouching and when i'm close to a wall facing the other direction

Last edited:
Changing my cg_thirdpersoncameradamp & cg_thirdpersontargetdamp settings just fucks with the camera settings that I deliberately changed those settings for in the first place.

No idea what this bug is but this needs to be sorted ASAP, game is practically unplayable and skilled gunnery is now holding LMB, ARC is also borderline OP now due to saber stagger when being shot but that's another issue.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Holding walk does nearly negate it, but pistols and carbines are perfectly accurate while running, and it's still helpful to know where you're aiming when you're spraying and praying with spread.

personally i'm adapting to playing with the default damping settings where it doesn't seem to happen at all. My pistol aim and sensibility suddenly improved recently after I stayed awake for 40 hours.

That's called hypertension. Along with all the health problems you develop there *is* an increase in reflex and accuracy.
See a doctor.

When strafe running it more closely tracks the shots. Once you get past the slightly off balance feeling, if you focus on the cross it's the same using certain weapons. I maintain that for a few others, it actually improves the crosshair relation to your line of fire.

:)

Now ain't that the snarks.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Have you tried strafe running while firing pistol shots and trying to hit the same spot on a distant wall using the crosshair?

Because when I do that, I very consistently miss on both sides of the mark based on which direction I'm strafing, when the glitch is active (which is most of the time.) The glitch definitely doesn't cause any "closely tracking." It just detracts from what's already there. I don't know what you think is happening.

Although, you do say that it's only for certain weapons, which I haven't tested or considered. You say Westar Pistols, for instance. I wonder if you're trying to hit someone with, say, your right hand pistol, and ending up hitting them with the left hand pistol, because of the glitch. That sure would seem like increased accuracy.

The crosshair seems to track where you'll be firing based on movement direction.

That's what the dynamic crosshair is and has always been. It's the point of it, and this bug detracts from it.

Last edited:
Mentioned single pistol as being one of the problem areas:)

And naw, for me when I'm flying with mando, its like the crosshair is pointing exactly where I'm shooting or want to shoot. On the ground it mirrors the wobbly shenanigans but easily handled.

Do people not drink when they play this game? You learn you can still play even when you're eyes start wandering away from the monitor.

It's all in your head. The game is still quite playable.:D

Last edited:

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Helpful tip: this bug doesn't occur in first person, so having your first/third person toggle key easily accessible is probably a good idea until this gets fixed. For now, I've just reverted to the default camera/target damp settings and started using first person more for open firefights and fighting jedi.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Helpful tip: this bug doesn't occur in first person, so having your first/third person toggle key easily accessible is probably a good idea until this gets fixed. For now, I've just reverted to the default camera/target damp settings and started using first person more for open firefights and fighting jedi.
Same. I moved a bunch of mappings around recently, including putting the camera toggle on right click. Although.. I've hardly been using it. But the thought was there. haha

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
But for info i found that cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.5 and cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1 is a good compromise to still be able to play,

Actually, if you keep cg_thirdpersontargetdamp at default 0.6, you can put cg_thirdpersoncameradamp to 0.6 too, without *any* sign of this bug, client 0 or not.

Last edited:
Nope. For pistols and certain other weapons its qq but for e-11 and air-westars - I find its actually better.

Except of course when doing pop outs from behind cover(running side).
It's annoying but it doesn't affect Chaos much. Chaos remains Chaos. I'm greeeeaat!

Actually, if you keep cg_thirdpersontargetdamp at default 0.6, you can put cg_thirdpersoncameradamp to 0.6 too, without *any* sign of this bug, client 0 or not.
This helped make 1.4 gunning more tolerable still feels slightly different but it might be placebo

Last edited:
not sure which option is better

anyway, just found out that the bug fucks up the shoulder cameras too, the crosshair is in the wrong place
shot2016-05-15_19-38-27.jpg