Feedback Thread: Open Beta (after V1.4.9) - Drop 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
0VDnNVh.jpg

got this on the beta server

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Also - please make this stamina button change for ARC/CLONE optional or give an option to switch between either activation/deactivation method.

I could get used to this new system, but I'm so set in my ways I don't want to change, even the like 1/4th of a second confusion I get trying to remember to press the button again is enough for it to mess with my ARC-FU gameplay because of how fast you have to react during said gameplay.
I think you'll adjust to it faster than you think. With the way it works now, you can basically just turn on Stamina and leave it on indefinitely except for when you want to run-while-regenerating. It's pretty simple, just unfamiliar, and familiarity should come pretty quickly. I change my controls pretty frequently and it doesn't take me more than a few days to get used to a new way of things.

The real pain imo is just that the top walkspeed/crouchwalkspeed of ARC is reduced by the removal of staminawalking (since it was a bug and also rather unintuitive).

I suppose the only thing you want is for walk to cancel sprint as well though? I don't want that, but I wouldn't necessarily mind having it as an option. But at the same time, it seems unnecessary. I hear there's a limited number of cvars that can be added, and this doesn't seem like a necessary one. This version of Stamina seems theoretically solid, from what I can tell, and I think once you give it a few days of adjustment you'll have no issue at all.

Last edited:
I asked how you kill saberists without flinch before they hit you and you replied:

The same way you kill them without flinch?

????

Also to add something productive to this comment, I agree with Appo, I never had a problem with lightning but I feel the recent changes demand a slight nerf.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
lessen said:
but did you just reply to "how do you kill saberists without flinch?" with "the same way you kill saberists without flinch?"

'cuz that don't make no sense.
I asked how you kill saberists without flinch before they hit you and you replied:

????
Also to add something productive to this comment, I agree with Appo, I never had a problem with lightning but I feel the recent changes demand a slight nerf.
Shoot them until their FP is gone and/or drain their health to 0. Works with or without flinch :p. Lightning adjustments still WIP.

Hello guys,
I didn't take time to write anything since most of the updates seem fine to me, till I heard today that projectile rifle will only be accurate after standing still for atleast 1 second.
Now that would be just bad imo.. I play alot of hero/bh and i like the sniping battles at main.
Though it will just be 2 easy for a bounty hunter with some good ruptor skills if this accuracy update will make it trough..
The popsniping will be completely gone, probably a reason why i'll lose all my fun in the hero class..

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
-super push is broken due to pull delay

-how is defense lvl1 affected?

-that unlimited grip thingy does not seem to work

-secondary nades are broken; theyre like concentraded super push powder in a small package which makes you fly and does serious dmg

-dekas tank saber swings

Hello guys,
I didn't take time to write anything since most of the updates seem fine to me, till I heard today that projectile rifle will only be accurate after standing still for atleast 1 second.
Now that would be just bad imo.. I play alot of hero/bh and i like the sniping battles at main.
Though it will just be 2 easy for a bounty hunter with some good ruptor skills if this accuracy update will make it trough..
The popsniping will be completely gone, probably a reason why i'll lose all my fun in the hero class..
Totally agree, delay on proj fire isn't needed imo

Starushka

Movie Battles II Team Retired
  • SBD not regenerating ammo.
  • Sec. nades are fun to use. I would love to see super push effect on sec. sonics instead of copy-pasta primary effect.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Super push is broken due to pull delay.

I have been saying it's broken for a while. Hotfix made it 'usable' but not in actual combat it's still awful and limits what you can do thus renders super push useless and unrewarding in many situation resulting in wasted 40FP and unreasonable death... @Tempest @reConfigured please, make an exception for both hands Pull and give it old window/delay!

People who have some oil in their heads will think it's not practically usable now because it sometimes works sometimes not better not use it at all then it's not reliable.

@Gargos saying this is actually worth something because he is known for using super push effectively.

Droideka Feedback

-Quick Deploy is still buggy. Sometimes i have to press 3 or 4 times before it actually works.

-Droideka FP drain is ridicilously low. Even with FP3 i run out of ammo before i can even drain the jedi below 50 fp .

I nominate this for "bug-turned-feature" 2018.

sec nades are hilarious but because of how far they bounce you it's possible for them to slam you into a ceiling and kill you instantly. Possibly even jedi/sith, too.

Hello guys,

Also that's the point. Sniping like that isn't fun for any other players since they can't reasonably fight back against the sniper doing this due to them camping behind cover and being able to instakill them if they step out of their own to throw a grenade or something with there being virtually no risk to the sniper at all.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Jedi/Sith Feedback

DOTF/Enclave

• Aggressive play as Jedi/Sith felt just like something not worth bothering due to the risks involved
  • Relegated to Push duty for most of the game
  • FP drains so low that passive play is better than active
Lunarbase
  • Abusing boxes and corners is easy as hell
  • Aggressive play is easy due whenever cover is available
  • Can reach close proximity without breaking a sweat

Overall feels like time-to-kill is shorter.
  • Jedi/Sith have insanely high FP drains up close
  • The FP drains are nothing at a distance
  • The drains feel maddeningly inconsistent, it's hard to develop a feel for them even after 4 hours of nothing but Jedi/Sith
  • High HP damage makes fights a bit too quick (Roll upper body multi back to 1.3)
  • Feels like the removal of Flinch is just forcing into this weird binary system where FP drains need to be low but HP drains need to be maddeningly high
  • High shotspeeds alone and the removal of the FP drain cap at long range would do so much by themselves

Other feedback
  • Dekas can be bugged to tank too many shots
  • Secondary nades can bounce off players
  • Secondary nades cause too much knockback
  • Superpush doesn't work (Pull+Push)
  • Blobs don't knock blocking Sith/Jedi down so it's pretty easy to facehug a Clone to death since they drain so little FP without CR3

Last edited:
Flinch removed

After testing for a few hours with M00 Ben and Hexodious I have to say I strongly disagree with this change. To summarize some of the points myself and the others made when we were testing:

To put this whole thing in context, a few years ago when I was on the beta team we were trying to come up with a solution to how saber vs gun fights worked at the time. Flinch was the result of a long process which started with a solution put forward by myself which never saw the light of a public build (increased damage reduction, increased drains on consecutive fp draining hits, major increase to damage-caused knockback) and what is similar to the solution you seem to be aiming for with the changes I see in the beta version. Years ago the changes were scrapped because knockback feels very inconsistent to both the giver and the receiver. The way the fight usually unfolded is that you would drain some or most of the saberist's FP, he would take a swing and take ~50 hp damage, get knocked back and the fight would virtually reset as it would be virtually impossible for the jedi to score a killing blow or for the gunner to drain enough FP to kill the jedi after he was knocked out of IDR. This creates a low risk-high reward situation for the jedi in what should be an even fight. There are 2 equally likely outcomes to the fight, the gunner either fails to knock you back, meaning you kill him, or he knocks you back and you lose 50 health.

The above scenario is currently a hypothetical, as the knockback is nowhere near significant enough to play a role at all in the saber vs gunner fights I was part of in the beta version. If the current beta version were to go live we would go back to what we had before flinch was implemented - saberists would be free to 'trade' a portion of their health (since they have damage reduction it's very very unlikely they will die during 1 swing animation) for a chance to instakill any gunner in sabering range. It eliminates the skill factor flinch introduced, where if you had good aim you were in control of the fight as long as you landed your shots consistently. Now the ball is entirely in the jedi's court, and the only skill he has to possess to 1v1 a gunner effectively is the ability to answer the question 'can I survive swinging my saber?'. Am I in a 1v1 situation against a much better player? Doesn't matter, there's almost no way he can land enough shots to kill me in 1 swing animation, might as well press m1 and see what happens.

Flinch was a great solution which finally made gunner vs saber feel consistent, skill based (for both sides) and EXTREMELY rewarding to play against. If I'm hitting my shots on the day I know I can beat almost any jedi with any gun because I'm playing the game well and aiming well, knockback + no flinch just feels like a lottery tbh.

tl;dr flinch was amazing and saved the game, please don't remove it

IDR calculations are now one linear scaling instead of a mix of linear scaling and static multipliers depending on what range you're at.

Have to say I don't like this change either, for the simple reason that in a 1v1 situation from the gunner's perspective it makes it way too hard to estimate the FP of the jedi you're fighting, it was hard enough when there were 3 (2?) IDR values before, but it wasn't impossible, now it pretty much is.

• Torso locational modifier raised from 1.3x to 1.4x
  • Legs location modifier increased from 0.6 to 0.8
Increasing the leg modifier is a good idea cuz it brings it closer to the torso/arm/midriff values, I have to say I don't see the reason you would increase the torso modifier, I don't think anyone was complaining about it and it just throws some things out of whack (specifically wookiees feel like they die way too quickly, T21 primary and alt fire feel like they melt things way too quickly, pistol 3 damage feels too high, probably some other things I haven't tried). My general feeling is that the time-to-kill is too short now with the increased projectile velocities (is that the live patch or the beta patch? I'm lost tbh) and the multiplier changes so maybe they should be toned down or scrapped.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
High shotspeeds alone and the removal of the FP drain cap at long range would do so much by themselves

Wouldn't that do the opposite of what you want (Previous bit about FP drains being nothing at a distance)? The cap prevents FP drains from going towards zero when in outside IDR. Removing other caps at this range would only affect 2 weapons based on 1.4.9 drains (EE3 and Proj).

Now the ball is entirely in the jedi's court, and the only skill he has to possess to 1v1 a gunner effectively is the ability to answer the question 'can I survive swinging my saber?'. Am I in a 1v1 situation against a much better player? Doesn't matter, there's almost no way he can land enough shots to kill me in 1 swing animation, might as well press m1 and see what happens.
This is the exact reason I don't like flinch being removed. Before flinch it was always what qwerty said "can i just survive swinging my saber?" if so, then you get a free gunner kill. The knockback is too insignifcant.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Its almost impossible to play aggressively as a jedi due to the extreme damage. You are forced to play as a support for your gunners which just makes it boring for me personally. As others stated its stupid to make damage super high in order to compensate for no flinch. I used to hate flinch but now i completely agree with qwerty that its stupid to have a free pass to kill someone as long as you have enough hp.

-Drains too high up close and too low far away.
-Revert higher torso multiplier.
-Revert pull delay.
-Remove quickthrow and make alt frag have no cook time but just explode on impact with a player, if it doesnt come to any contact with a player it will bounce twice before exploding.
-Add flinch back? Or just make non swingblocked attacks cancel your swing like swingblocked ones.
-Give jedi back the 20% dmg reduction or give the option to spend some points into buying armor.
-Shotgunning is nice.
-No fp debuff is good.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Wouldn't that do the opposite of what you want (Previous bit about FP drains being nothing at a distance)? The cap prevents FP drains from going towards zero when in outside IDR. Removing other caps at this range would only affect 2 weapons based on 1.4.9 drains (EE3 and Proj).
No removing caps allows the FP drains to go over 4 FP outside IDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.