Fancy-ass Graphics (Reshade)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
this already got posted about but that guy didn't give very dramatic examples.

There's this thing that lets you apply a ton of different post-processing effects with a TON of variables and settings to screw with.

Here's what I did with it, combining low-res textures (and nearest neighbor resampling) with sharpening, curves (to amp up the contrast and vibrance and stuff), and a little ambient lighting, to try to create a kind of bright SNES-ish vibe.

(view that image at full size, cuz the aesthetic kind of hinges on how it looks on a pixel-by-pixel basis)

settings fah days

edit: Also, the information posted by that other guy in that other thread is out of date. For instance, by this point Reshade works perfectly fine with the Steam overlay.

And it can do WAY more dramatic stuff than what I showed there, it's just challenging to get it to be tastefully subtle. The example I gave was my attempt to make it tastefully subtle. Though, even my example is way more vibrant than MB2's default. I should put a before/after.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I tweaked my settings even further, with both cvars and reshade, and have reached this point.

It might not look like that dramatic of a difference, especially if you don't view it full-res, but it looks super neat in motion. Very vibrant and very good visibility and very SNES.

Also I don't think that screenshot captures my r_gamma settings, so in-game it looks waaay more vibrant.

edit: some emplaced guns

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
install Reshade, specifying Jedi Academy and OpenGL, and when you launch MB2 there should be a little overlay at the top that tells you that you can hit something like shift-F2 to bring up the full overlay.

the full overlay sort of makes you go through a tiny tutorial before it lets you have at it with the settings

I tweaked my settings even further, with both cvars and reshade, and have reached this point.

It might not look like that dramatic of a difference, especially if you don't view it full-res, but it looks super neat in motion. Very vibrant and very good visibility and very SNES.

Also I don't think that screenshot captures my r_gamma settings, so in-game it looks waaay more vibrant.

edit: some emplaced guns
This actually looks good man

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm gonna take a look but I feel like some textures were meant to look a certain way and changing that makes it look werid. reflective mandalorian armor for ex.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I'm gonna take a look but I feel like some textures were meant to look a certain way and changing that makes it look werid. reflective mandalorian armor for ex.

Good point, albeit a matter of taste. Any really dramatic graphical changes that are still as limited as this will reduce the "coherence," but tastefully subtle ones are possible too, and what counts as "tasteful" is a matter of.. taste.