•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Error: FS_HandleForFIle: none free

So I doubt I'll get any help on this because last time I went here for a crashing bug that happened constantly, no one knew how to fix it or knew what I was talking about.

However, I'll try this a second time because this is getting really annoying..

When im playing on a open server, every time a round restarts or a map change happens, I get immediately sent to the main menu screen and I get this error
0810b5dd78da1f679b490873f953dfca.png

And you might think, well I can just rejoin right? nope. Every time I rejoin that server, I IMMEDIATELY get sent back to the menu with the same error and I actually have to restart moviebattles just to join that server again.

I doubt it's peneke because no one else is reporting this same problem, the only thing that I have done that may be game breaking is I set my graphics up to the highest setting and I turn on broadsword, but like I said, no one else has reported this problem.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I doubt it's peneke because no one else is reporting this same problem, the only thing that I have done that may be game breaking is I set my graphics up to the highest setting and I turn on broadsword
Then temporary remove Penekepack, change graphics settings, turn off broadsword and see when happen after that.
Obvious.

Try switching engine to MBII Client.

Also try:
  1. MBII Launcher => Settings => Set custom launch parameter =>
    Code:
    +developer 1
    => Play.
  2. Wait till the error occurs, then:
  3. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  4. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt
  5. Upload a file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\a.txt" to this thread.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
there are 13 pk3s here, I do see that there are some custom stuff that i added for regular jedi academy a long time ago, is that what is wrong?

88116306325db64e03ed723e23997237.png
Remove all custom stuff, leave only base game files and see if problem persists.
Not sure what are you waiting for.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Not sure what are you waiting for.
Stop forcing him, it's not obvious at all.
He has really a FEW pk3s. I expected there are about 200.
The problem is not in the pk3s actually, but in the files opened for writing/seeking.
im playing on a open server
Define playing on an open server, please.
After that error, do the following in the console: /condump log.txt
Then get the log.txt file either from MBII or from base and post here.
P.S.: I just realized the condump mays not work out since no more free handles left, but let's hope dropping to the menu did free some.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Stop forcing him, it's not obvious at all.
He has really a FEW pk3s. I expected there are about 200.
The problem is not in the pk3s actually, but in the files opened for writing/seeking.
But it's obvious that asking on forums about things you can easily check by yourself doesn't make a lot of sense.
And OP did that twice in the row.

While those packages may not be a source of the problem, it's still necessary to get rid of them all and perform any testing only on default JA&MBII installation.
After all, we don't support any of those packages. We don't know how they works, what are their purpose etc.
Hell, we don't even support Penekepack, it has its own team.

One of the things that MBII Launcher is doing as part of a repair process is moving all custom packages to a folder where they are hidden from game. Base directory is left untouched, though.
Also, one of the most used suggestion for any problems with software like Firefox, Internet Explorer, vBulletin or even Windows itself is "restart it in Safe Mode, with add-ons disabled".

ent

Movie Battles II Team
But it's obvious that asking on forums about things you can easily check by yourself doesn't make a lot of sense.
And OP did that twice in the row.

While those packages may not be a source of the problem, it's still necessary to get rid of them all and perform any testing only on default JA&MBII installation.
After all, we don't support any of those packages. We don't know how they works, what are their purpose etc.
Hell, we don't even support Penekepack, it has its own team.

One of the things that MBII Launcher is doing as part of a repair process is moving all custom packages to a folder where they are hidden from game. Base directory is left untouched, though.
Also, one of the most used suggestion for any problems with software like Firefox, Internet Explorer, vBulletin or even Windows itself is "restart it in Safe Mode, with add-ons disabled".
And it's obvious for advanced users.
You have to treat everyone as a regular user unless they proved they are advanced.