• Yes

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 27 21.3%

• Total voters
2zingud.jpg

Might as well have my models replaced with these as long as I don't have any input lag

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i like it because everyone else doesnt. cough cough dev master plan to get rid of pandemonium??? :rolleyes::rolleyes: fine by me

Please direct complaints to those who wish every model in existence get added to the game regardless of how unoptimized they are. (Sith stalker: 20,000 triangles [dotf hangar has 30k] and 380 draw calls [should have maybe 6])

I recommend not using model replacement packages if you are having framerate problems.
That's what you get for trying to be special snowflakes, basejka models for the win.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
So, should we ask peneke to make a FPS model pack then? With a bunch of the older models that are more optimized. Might be a worthwhile pursuit since it seems that alot of ppl are having FPS problems in the new patch.

Hmm, this actually gave me a great idea. Will help that nostalgia feeling and also greatly improve performance for people that don't mind eye candy. Thanks sev!

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
obj occurs too quickly. it's also too easy to get to imo. only alert is a sound as well..

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hmm, this actually gave me a great idea. Will help that nostalgia feeling and also greatly improve performance for people that don't mind eye candy. Thanks sev!

No problem. I for one would very much welcome such a pack, and I'm sure a bunch of others would enjoy it aswell. I don't know how fare you can take it, but it would be interesting if you could have old MBII blades, old MBII sabers, old MBII models/iconic base models and old sounds. But maybe that's going overboard. I think ppl would be interested in anything that can boost the FPS though ^_^

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
obj occurs too quickly. it's also too easy to get to imo. only alert is a sound as well..

Ive changed the alerts a bit already, just some people need to get back from holiday (including myself) so we can test and push live. I am not going to increase cap timer until some of the bugs are fixed and we see impact of other changes.

current changelog:
  • Brightness has been decreased across the level except for Federation spawn and generator room.
  • Notification in the Foyer before throne has been moved forward to give defending teams more time to react
  • A notification has been added for when the throne room capture begins.
  • Defending team can once again pass through the side route doors without them being unlocked.
  • Fixed missing textures if you did not check the Full Installation of MB2 option.
  • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.

Preston

Nerd
Ive changed the alerts a bit already, just some people need to get back from holiday (including myself) so we can test and push live. I am not going to increase cap timer until some of the bugs are fixed and we see impact of other changes.

current changelog:
  • Brightness has been decreased across the level except for Federation spawn and generator room.
  • Notification in the Foyer before throne has been moved forward to give defending teams more time to react
  • A notification has been added for when the throne room capture begins.
  • Defending team can once again pass through the side route doors without them being unlocked.
  • Fixed missing textures if you did not check the Full Installation of MB2 option.
  • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.
Gen seems too bright though :/

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm sorry, you're going to have to use one of those options while the team works on the framerate. The problem isn't the map as I mentioned. The old DOTF had framerate issues as well and so does almost every other map in mb2 even on a machine that can run star citizen flawlessly.

Classic DOTF will not be returning.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I have a gtx 1050 and still got some fps bugs, its not the "graphics"....
And... i want the hangar lift ;(

It doesn't really matter. The way I understand things, the game is mostly limited by CPU since most graphics cards can run the game. (It's old af by now).

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
It doesn't really matter. The way I understand things, the game is mostly limited by CPU since most graphics cards can run the game. (It's old af by now).
I actually did some profiling of the new DOTF just after launch. With JKA hitting it's natural max framerate (approx. 580 FPS on my system @ 1080 * 1920, max graphics), it only uses about 20% of the power my GPU has available (GTX970) whilst maxing out one CPU core constantly. I am hoping to spend some time optimising the code and hopefully in the future maybe even optimising the client pre-release using things like profile guided optimisation. Probably not going to see a massive increase as if I were a gambling man I would be betting heavily that a lot of the bottle necks are in the engine. Saying that, anecdotally atleast MBII assets in basejka are said to have slightly but noticeably better performance so hopefully there are some gains to be made.

Myeah, interesting to say the least - if I may say so myself.

How much of a hassle would it be replacing every Jedi/Sith model with one character, let's say a Red Reborn?

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Myeah, interesting to say the least - if I may say so myself.

How much of a hassle would it be replacing every Jedi/Sith model with one character, let's say a Red Reborn?

Not much, but it'd be extremely boring. I have something in mind that has far more potential though. But I don't want to go off topic nor steal the spotlight, I might make a devlog on the media forums at some point. Stay tuned!

Reactions: SeV
Not much, but it'd be extremely boring. I have something in mind that has far more potential though. But I don't want to go off topic nor steal the spotlight, I might make a devlog on the media forums at some point. Stay tuned!
Could you provide me with some pointers? I've tried messing with the mb2_um_assets2, (probably not even the pak responsible for the models, because nothing's changed after I was done with it) running some batch commands, emptying the folders and replacing the files with Reborn textures. There's probably more to it than meets the eye, haha.