Do you like new DOTF?

• Yes

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 27 21.3%

• Total voters
I would love for catwalk to be brought back. Other than that the map looks great.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
We all know that the only reason you aren't putting it back is that nobody would play nu_dotf if the good one was still in the game.

No, that is not the reason. We should be improving and fixing what is wrong with the new one and move forward rather than backwards to a map that is broken in way more aspects than the new one is.

Plus the fact everyone seems to be reacting to things that are getting fixed. That I said was getting fixed multiple times. And that I also said the new DOTF wasn't perfect and will be changing things based off of gameplay I see.

Smee

Banned
No, that is not the reason. We should be improving and fixing what is wrong with the new one and move forward rather than backwards to a map that is broken in way more aspects than the new one is.

Plus the fact everyone seems to be reacting to things that are getting fixed. That I said was getting fixed multiple times. And that I also said the new DOTF wasn't perfect and will be changing things based off of gameplay I see.

The new map is a step back, it plays far worse than the old mb2 and is a clusterf*ck

Also, if the new map wasn't perfect (definitely agree there), why did you force it in the new build? At least take the time to polish your turds lad

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If there is anything this map is not that would be a clusterfuck.

We should have never released the original dotf by your logic. I also addressed why it was releasing in the dev diary. Go read it will do you some good.

Infraction: Flaming
Usually i wouldn't have missed a chance to say something offensive to someone, but here i see mace's endeavours and patience in every little detail. Smee, kill yourself.
I was really excited with the map, it looked so good, but unfortunately i can't enjoy playing it for now (i tried). (Didn't read what others previously said but i'll mention my important opinion anyway)
1. fps kinda sux when there are many people (potato PC unterrace)
2. no point in going for side doors, throne hall is still very easy to get into (probably could be fixed by removing 1 of the entrances) People in the garden area is a rare sight. In previous Dotf left corridor could be utilized by the empire to flank attacking rebs. Now it's just locked and serves absolutely no purpose. You can't fallback through garden, empire team always tramples in doorways, so only few guys get to play.
3. Objective is very hard to defend. Imps must have decisive advantage in numbers or get steamrolled. Jedis keep jumping between columns, making empire team concentrate in this little circle completely naked and defenseless to rebel gunslingers who can shoot from covers. Playing as a non-sith character on this map feels very uncomfortable.
to moderation staff: please give yourself warning points for lack of chromosomes

Last edited:
Needs a revamp ASAP to be honest with you and pls add the catwalk back, its breaking me heart not seeing it there.

a51a11e22a28d0f427b238c7e9523fe5.png

Looks like my tryhard duelist, super duper high fps pack is coming along nicely. (All the Jedi replaced with Kyle, Sith - with Reborn) Thank you, @Penekowski

Can't wait to test it out on the new dotf.

f71ef1f83822295d0a408f54c49f8f9e.jpg

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Just a BTW, even if you replace all models with a basejka mesh, you aren't going to get a full framerate buff because the model (textures shouldn't be if the skins are pointed appropriately) is considered to be a new/separate asset by the CPU/GPU. So even if it is more efficient than what was there before, it will essentially be a duplicate asset being processed. It should still be higher than what we have now.

reConfigured

Movie Battles II Team
one request I'd have beyond what's been stated is ramps. I like ramp mechanics, I think they take skill and though don't make much sense realistically, they are a lot of fun. Not too difficult, not too easy. Adds to speed and intensity of combat.

my heart won't be broken without them, I just miss flying up stairwells lol

I'm not too sure... By all means it looks great, more in-line to how it looks in the films, but it doesn't have that same feeling I got from the old version. I don't have that same urge to continuously play dotf non stop anymore. I got bored of it after a few days if I'm honest.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I got bored of it after a few days if I'm honest.

I'm not sure how you didn't get bored of the old one. I was certainly bored of it and it usually made me quit MB2 after playing a few rounds if the server didn't have RTV.