Cvars suggestion :))

I would like to have the following cvars unlocked:

cg_gunX
cg_gunY
cg_gunZ
- all of these should be allowed to be set from -10 to 10. The only thing they do is change the position of your gun model in first person view. It doesn't affect ANYTHING else. For example, you could make gun models appear smaller by using high cg_gunX and negative cg_gunZ values. Or you could make them so big they'll take half of your screen. Preference!
cg_fov - please remove the infamous JKA cap of 97 and allow it to be changed up to 130. Quake Live has proven that changing this to some high value like 120 or 130 won't make you a pro or anything. It's just plain preference. Yes, with a high FOV you will see more, but it comes at a fair price of severely impacting your long range capability.

Coming from Quake and having played a lot Quake Live which has a lot of awesome customization options I would like to ask the dev team to implement the following cvars:
cg_screenDamage - if set to 0 should remove screen damage effects (green blobs when you get hit while having armor, etc).
cg_kickScale - if set to 0 should remove screen shake effects. Third person view doesn't have them anyway so why not give players an option to remove them from 1st person view?
cg_playerLean - controls the amount of leaning of player models when they move. If it's too much work to implement gradual settings like 0.1-0.9 then just allow us to disable it. You may suggest that it gives an unfair advantage, but think again. You won't be able to predict player movements so easily without it. I say it's preference.

Finally, we've discussed this one with Hexodious and we believe that com_maxFps shoudn't be allowed to be set lower than 60. I won't tell how to replicate the issue here lest we get more people abusing it so PM me if you need to know why this needs to be done.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Is this why damp angles from base were removed? I used to love these camera angles for videos.

cameradampangle

Dampvectorspring

thirdpersoncameradamp

cg_thirdpersontargetdamp
Unrelated at all.

New suggestion: cl_maxPackets should be locked to tinker with and should automatically scale with com_maxFps with a maximum value of 125. e.g. if you have maxfps on 125 or more your maxPackets shall be 125. if you have maxFps, say on 85, your maxPackets will be 85. This will prevent players from appearing laggy/being able to exploit it to their advantage without putting themselves at a disadvantage due to lower FPS.

Last edited:
Alright, not exactly sure whether I should ask for this here or at the OpenJK forums, but it's still worth a try I guess :))
I want r_picmip to ignore the effect textures and possibly player models. Let it only affect the map textures and that's it. Currently, it's simply unusable past picmip 3-4 due to heavy pixelation and loss of definition of the ingame effects.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
You have to write shaders for those textures with flag "nomip" or "nopicmip".

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Oh, looks like one more effect that I did not add into exclusions.
What happens if you lower fx_vfps to 100? to 50?
Could you send a demo with that, please? I will add that exclusion in the next patch.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Also, does it bother you with just stopping a demo, or why?

It behaves the same way regardless of the fx_vfps setting.

Bothers, because I'm making a time-freeze effect with a moving camera for one of my videos. So I need to stop the demo and control the camera manually. And it does look terrible with the force focus fog. :( Don't bother with it if it's too complicated. It's definitely more practical for me to re-record the demo with the player without placing my crosshair on them while dueling than for you to actually implement a command into the game. :D It's a minor inconvenience, though having something like that would save time.

Demo: trailer (2).dm_26
Map: mbu_saber_training_v2.bsp

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Using timeline feature should help, how else are you doing time-freeze?