Criticisms and Complaints from a New User

Alright, so I've been messing around with this since last night, mostly in duel servers, getting a basic handle on the mechanics and overall balance. I realize this is not the longest time, but it's about all I can spend on this mod, and I'm going to explain exactly why below.

First off, basic lightsaber combat. It is an absolute slog with artificially inflated fight times and no real technical skill required. You're not vulnerable to other lightsabers when attacking whatsoever. You can hammer at someone's guard and then immediately shift to blocking yourself with no penalty whatsoever, and you're not punished at all for missing an attack either, as your opponent will still collide with your saber when attempting to take advantage of the miss. As such, a lightsaber duel becomes nothing but trying to reduce the opponent's BP until you break through their guard, trying to disarm them with some perfect block mechanics or somesuch that don't actually have any perceivable timings, or trying to knock them down. All of your tactics are based entirely on your own effort without any focus on punishing an opponent for their mistakes. Hell, even whiffing a red jump special, which by the appearance of its animation should be easy to punish, is actually not fatal or even really a mild inconvenience. Just hold the right mouse button and turn towards your opponent and it'll be fine! Any real skill-based combat should be such where any action taken can be taken in error, and that error can be punished, and that simply isn't the case here.
Also one of the core tactics everyone employs is an obvious glitch, which gives me some bad Melee flashbacks, but I suppose swingblocking isn't nearly as bad as wavedashing.

Second, there's some really nonsensical things regarding special moves and even basic movement. Now I get requiring certain combinations of certain abilities to perform certain moves. That's cool, I like that. But the actual act of performing them should not be so obtuse. A simple button+button combination should be sufficient, and trying to add extra steps is just pretending to add depth. And speaking of adding extra steps, why oh why do I suddenly need to jump before being able to roll!? In the base game it's simply crouch while holding w. Simple, easy to figure out. If rolls are being abused too much, the simple answer is to put them on a cooldown like the slap! Adding an additional step to it is needlessly obtuse and adds no real value. In general, these mechanics seem to pay lip-service to the idea of depth without actually adding any.

And that brings me to my third complaint! The community seems to be dead-set on this circlejerk about how this mod has so much more depth than the base game... where is it? Everything is shallow, and senselessly bogged down to give the illusion of depth without actually adding any.

Now I could be wrong! This game could be incredibly deep and have a lot more to see! And if there is, explain it to me! Tell me exactly where and how I'm wrong! Please! But even if I am wrong about that, the fact that there's no immediate feeling that this requires actual skill is an egregious design flaw, and it makes no sense whatsoever that this mod has gone on in a state like this for so long.

AaronAaron

Donator
not yet i still havent throw in my coin.

I've been playing for a few years now and I don't touch saberists. I rarely play them because there's so much stupid bullshit that goes on in that world that I don't even want to touch it. I love this game but I don't think I will ever try to get good with sabers because I don't play this game to make it a chore and train and force myself to get good, that's not what games are about, they are for fun.
Fun is subjective

For example: When you play 500 hours of gunner, from the first hour, you still get kills, you still have fun, its easy to play, easy to learn, you can literally kill one of the best players as a noob gunner, and it works.
For example: When you play 500 grinding bullshit hours of sabers, from the first hour you get fk'd over, you hate it, its not easy to play, it takes way too long to even learn, it doesn't work half the time, you get shit on by pros who have spent decades playing the game.

Hahahahahhahah

Last edited:
Well I'm still having fun as a saberist altho i'm not winning all the time, I'm decent but certainly not the best out here.

I think its quite important to stop focusing on winning, winning, winning and just enjoy the good pbs/counter attacks you're able to throw at an opponent.

I also think the cycle of be trained and train people at your own turn is pretty cool.

But to each its own of course! If you like and prefer playing gunners i'm cool with it.

Like Aaron said, fun is quite subjective.

The very important is not too focus on who's wining and who's loosing, but to keep an humble attitude while having fun and enjoying the way you perform at it, and if you dont, then you keep trying and asking questions.

Last edited:
I personally don't mind sabering because I don't play it, I know how to play gunner so it's not a problem.
The problem to me is that when I DO saber, it doesn't feel rewarding. I either kill the person and it doesn't seem like it was a good fight because I dominated it the whole time, or I get massively screwed over and some dude drains all my BP in 3 backswings and rips me a new one.

To me saber fighting isn't a thing where you get done and it's like "Wow, I fought that guy and we had this long duel and it was a fair fight, it was fun, and it could've been a battle in the movies!"
Instead it's like "Well, That fight lasted 30 seconds too long because I absolutely demolished him and the only reason he didn't die is because he ran away..."
Or
"Well that fight sucked because (A.) I either demolished that guy, the fight was easy and didn't feel very rewarding, or (B.) That guy killed me in 15 seconds, that didn't feel very fun because it wasn't even a fight."

I personally don't mind sabering because I don't play it, I know how to play gunner so it's not a problem.
The problem to me is that when I DO saber, it doesn't feel rewarding. I either kill the person and it doesn't seem like it was a good fight because I dominated it the whole time, or I get massively screwed over and some dude drains all my BP in 3 backswings and rips me a new one.

To me saber fighting isn't a thing where you get done and it's like "Wow, I fought that guy and we had this long duel and it
was a fair fight, it was fun, and it could've
been a battle in the movies!"
Instead it's like "Well, That fight lasted 30 seconds too long because I absolutely demolished him and the only reason he didn't die is because he ran away..."

Or
"Well that fight sucked because (A.) I either demolished that guy, the fight was easy and didn't feel very rewarding, or (B.) That guy killed me in 15 seconds, that didn't feel very fun because it wasn't even a fight."
You've never dueled anyone on a equal
level? Imo all fights are good as long as it's not one sided entirely, or involves massive
running away (unless for memez)
Also, even if I get dominated, it's cool to know there's stilla higher level of skill to reach for, and to learn from

The only problem I have with dueling is that people just run away all the time and drags duels out way longer than they have to be.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I think half of the problem comes from a lack of focus being put on the simplest of mechanics. The MB2 saber system could work with the following features ALONE:
  • Perfect blocking
  • Swingblocking
  • Slapping
  • Block points
  • Attacking/comboing
But, we also have:
  • ACM (the biggest problem imo)
  • Parrying
  • Mblocking
  • Mblock countering
  • Perfect parrying
  • Half swinging
  • Various exploits/techniques such as yaw, shadowswing etc.
I remember when dueling was just body hitting for damage and that was it. P.S. Half swings are part of base JKA as well.

I remember when dueling was just body hitting for damage and that was it. P.S. Half swings are part of base JKA as well.
are they? i played a lot of base and dont remember anyone referring to half swing unless you mean delaying?

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Might not have the same term for them but they are still part of base JKA functionality.

I've been playing this game since about 2004, and I've seen tons of changes to the sabering system come and go, some for better and some for worse. Here's my honest advice:

The best way to play Sith and Jedi is to use the chaos of this mod to your advantage.

I mean use guerilla warfare, use your bunny hops, position yourself in confusing places, move unexpectedly, bait aggressive players, and learn to work with your team intuitively to sandwich fools and land a backwhack.

Yes, you need to know the fundamentals of sabering such as:

- Dont constantly run while sabering
- Learn to swingblock
- Learn your quickest combo slashes for your style
- Learn to mblock fools who constantly run while sabering and who open with the same attack out of habit
- Don't give up your back

But by and large if you ask me 90% of people approach Jedi and Sith with the wrong mindset when they play this game. Your job is not to run out first and tank gunner fire as you pray for a duel so your gunners can try to weasle a few shots around your ears and hopefully not TK you to an opponent. Your job is to manipulate the ebb and flow of battle with your blocking, pushes, seeing and jumps to push the front line back or split the enemies into being vulnerable to your crew.

Now I'm not saying I don't duel and I don't know how to work down the BP of top tier players (fight me), I'm saying it's tedious and ineffectual when there are so many other things that you can prioritize to get a win.

Play the battlefield, not the class.

I've been playing this game since about 2004, and I've seen tons of changes to the sabering system come and go, some for better and some for worse. Here's my honest advice:

The best way to play Sith and Jedi is to use the chaos of this mod to your advantage.

I mean use guerilla warfare, use your bunny hops, position yourself in confusing places, move unexpectedly, bait aggressive players, and learn to work with your team intuitively to sandwich fools and land a backwhack.

- Learn to swingblock
- Learn to mblock fools who constantly run while sabering and who open with the same attack out of habit

But by and large if you ask me 90% of people approach Jedi and Sith with the wrong mindset when they play this game. Your job is not to run out first and tank gunner fire as you pray for a duel so your gunners can try to weasle a few shots around your ears and hopefully not TK you to an opponent. Your job is to manipulate the ebb and flow of battle with your blocking, pushes, seeing and jumps to push the front line back or split the enemies into being vulnerable to your crew.

Now I'm not saying I don't duel and I don't know how to work down the BP of top tier players (fight me), I'm saying it's tedious and ineffectual when there are so many other things that you can prioritize to get a win.

In theory I agree with you, but most teams will be composed of jedis/sith since they offer high durability. Optimally in the game people would work in heterogenous small groups. But what happens most of the time is that you have a horde of 11 jedis going staying together and dying to flank attack.

All that while soldiers are more of a support class with their squishiness and low damage output, same goes with other organic gunners having to pick out targets or rocketing from a blindspot while the jedis absord shots or distract their force users.

I just started yesterday and am having a very good time.
It all feels really good and has been so fun. Open Mode is my favorite.
I want to be a beast Sith, so I have only been working on my Saber Skills and haven't played any other Class, but tried all the game types out.I spent basically the last 24 hours researching BP/FP/PB/MB/ACM/Parrying/Special Moves/Stances/etc/etc/etc/etc/etc.
Goddamn. Though the complexity and depth is obviously there, dueling can often feel like a bitch slapping BP Drain Game.

I often find myself saying out loud as I pull on my hair "Spectator Simulator 2018" and I am now here on the forums for the first time trying to find answers about how to improve my odds of getting spawned in a game with damn Class in tact 100% of the time.
I just don't get how to get into a match successfully when I want to.
In theory, when I join a Server, the worst case scenario is that I have to wait for the full 5 minutes of the Round to join.
In that time, I push Esc. I click Join, I pick the Side, pick the Class, Press / to open up the Class Set Up, load up my Custo, Apply. Am I missing something? Join+Class, Apply, Class/Saber Set up, Apply. WHY am I Spectating AGAIN? Over and over and over and over.
Following these exact steps and seemingly no other reason than because God loves me, I magically get spawned. Ope, no Lightsaber for me this time though. Wait 5 minutes. Set it all up again? New Round Starts. Spectator Mode. Wait 5 minutes.... (I don't see why I can't edit my class and have it change and save between lives, or why if I am a fraction of a second away from clicking "Apply" when a round starts, that I'm fucked for another 5 minutes).
Okay FINALLY you get spawned with your Class in tact, thank God.
Pretty addicting and incredible experience, I'm not gonna lie.
But, I have seriously sat on my ass for 20-30 minutes over and over and over again, watching a 5 minute timer run itself down, trying to get my shit set up JUST so so that I will hopefully spawn with my shit.
When a New Round Starts, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack because I have like 10 seconds to:
Push esc. Click Join, Cick Side, Click Class, Open Class List, Load Preset, Click Apply, Hope to God I have a second left to edit Lightsaber Hilt which doesn't save, Click Apply. 10 Seconds. Every round. GO! Mess up? Too slow? That'll cost you 5 more minutes, pal.
I don't know, man.... I fucking love this. I really do~ It's SO fun when I'm playing.
I seriously have not rage quit a game like this in a long time. It was like the 8th time in a row either being caught in Spectator Mode or spawning without a lightsaber, or fuck, man... And like even when it IS all set up properly, in Open Mode, newbie be dead in about 45 seconds, so I STILL am sitting on my ass for 5 minutes. It's driving me nuts~
I love this
I hate this~
I want to play
and I never want to see myself in Spectator mode for 5 minutes again and can't imagine the infinite hours spent by your player base "watching"

I love you
You have made something truly incredible. I want to play it. BADLY! Not watch it played for 5 minute increments over and over and over again.
It's really just that 10 second rush to get ALL my shit set up is outrageous, and the punishment for missing that SUPER short window is a 5 minute "fuck you."

@Sanno there is a bug when you play FA mode then join a server in other mode you stay spectating. You have to restart the game after playing FA. There are other join bugs mostly with saberists I think.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I want to be a beast Sith, so I have only been working on my Saber Skills and haven't played any other Class, but tried all the game types out.I spent basically the last 24 hours researching BP/FP/PB/MB/ACM/Parrying/Special Moves/Stances/etc/etc/etc/etc/etc.
Goddamn. Though the complexity and depth is obviously there, dueling can often feel like a bitch slapping BP Drain Game.

I often find myself saying out loud as I pull on my hair "Spectator Simulator 2018" and I am now here on the forums for the first time trying to find answers about how to improve my odds of getting spawned in a game with damn Class in tact 100% of the time.
In theory, when I join a Server, the worst case scenario is that I have to wait for the full 5 minutes of the Round to join.
In that time, I push Esc. I click Join, I pick the Side, pick the Class, Press / to open up the Class Set Up, load up my Custo, Apply. Am I missing something? Join+Class, Apply, Class/Saber Set up, Apply. WHY am I Spectating AGAIN? Over and over and over and over.
Following these exact steps and seemingly no other reason than because God loves me, I magically get spawned. Ope, no Lightsaber for me this time though. Wait 5 minutes. Set it all up again? New Round Starts. Spectator Mode. Wait 5 minutes.... (I don't see why I can't edit my class and have it change and save between lives, or why if I am a fraction of a second away from clicking "Apply" when a round starts, that I'm fucked for another 5 minutes).
But, I have seriously sat on my ass for 20-30 minutes over and over and over again, watching a 5 minute timer run itself down, trying to get my shit set up JUST so so that I will hopefully spawn with my shit.
When a New Round Starts, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack because I have like 10 seconds to:
Push esc. Click Join, Cick Side, Click Class, Open Class List, Load Preset, Click Apply, Hope to God I have a second left to edit Lightsaber Hilt which doesn't save, Click Apply. 10 Seconds. Every round. GO! Mess up? Too slow? That'll cost you 5 more minutes, pal.
I don't know, man.... I fucking love this. I really do~ It's SO fun when I'm playing.
I seriously have not rage quit a game like this in a long time. It was like the 8th time in a row either being caught in Spectator Mode or spawning without a lightsaber, or fuck, man... And like even when it IS all set up properly, in Open Mode, newbie be dead in about 45 seconds, so I STILL am sitting on my ass for 5 minutes. It's driving me nuts~
I love this
I hate this~
I want to play
and I never want to see myself in Spectator mode for 5 minutes again and can't imagine the infinite hours spent by your player base "watching"

I love you
You have made something truly incredible. I want to play it. BADLY! Not watch it played for 5 minute increments over and over and over again.
It's really just that 10 second rush to get ALL my shit set up is outrageous, and the punishment for missing that SUPER short window is a 5 minute "fuck you."
This is a really entertaining post; I like your writing style. Also the bug you're talking about is generally referred to as "join bug," and in my experience it only happens with Jedi/Sith, and not with gunners, and if it happens you're better off restarting your game than trying to join again. I would say it doesn't happen to me terribly often, but I'm also a guy who plays gunner most of the time so I'm not exposed to it that often.

Getting joinbugged is definitely frustrating. Also, here's a kind of wacky thought: Because of the 1-life system and how it's frustrating to spend most of your time in spectator, there's more of a real weight to death and MB2 is therefore more of an interesting struggle against death-and-spectator. Like, it incentivizes playing very cautiously unless you're a Soldier and have lives-to-spare.

There's a reason the First Day in MB2 guide recommends classes like ET/Clone for newbies, those classes have two lives AND relatively good survivability per-life if you don't just hold W and walk forwards into hell.

(Now that I think of it, I think there might be "joinbug" and "classbug." Classbug is when the game spazzes out and decides to give you a different class with a build "based on" the build for the class you actually selected; usually a terrible, strange build. Classbug doesn't require you restart, I think? I think it just happens and then life goes on. Joinbug is when you pick a class (again: usually Jedi) and then the round starts and you don't spawn at all. I think Joinbug will keep happening if you don't restart, and really, you've got five minutes of waiting ahead of you either way so it's worth a shot to restart while you're waiting.)

When the whole set (of rounds) restarts (and/or a map changes), the rush-to-put-your-class-in can be frustrating, but I think for the most part I know to anticipate it and I'm ready to do the quick clicking it takes to get my class set up how I want it. This IS a game of moving your mouse quickly and thinking very quickly, after all :D

ALSO: Spectating itself can be quite fun and educational. Spectate a (really) good player and watch closely and think about what you're seeing and you'll learn a lot about MB2 strategy and tactics. Or join in the usually idiotic conversation in chat :D

Last edited:

I love this
I hate this~
I want to play

I love you
A good part of join bug seem to stem from the character model selection (at least on my part) so when you pick a class, be sure to pick another model so the game won't give you a bad model and invalidate your spawn. Also another good trick is to override the Default loadout so when the game isn't sure it'll just give you the loadout that you want without too much hassle when you spawn.

Eazy E

Banned

- Learn to swingblock

Classic example of Skill vs Tactics.
Skill (like good pblocking, mblocking, timing, swingblocking combos etc..) might win you duels but tactical thinking (like stated above) will win you the match.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
In duel: Get good. All styles are beatable, even the ones everyone constantly complains about. (Though some styles are harder to beat than others *cough cough* blue and staff *cough cough*)

In open: Don't restrict yourself to one class. MB2 is balanced off of a nonsensical concept of rock paper scissors. If you try to take Jedi against an army of Bounty hunters, you will lose, period. Even if you're 1,000x better than them.

Never play aggressively if you don't have to. Game has a thing called 'peeker's advantage' which is effectively due to 3rd person and how much aiming is akin to guessing with blasters. The only real way to approach a corner is with grenades, jedi, or excessive amounts of suppressive fire, and with dodge even that is not enough these days.

Basically, my formula is to just counter what the majority of the enemy team classes are with a class, and then play tactically. There are some classes that are just effective in most situations, Jedi/Sith, T-21 Commander, Arc, Hero, BH, are examples of these classes. Other classes are mostly situational or require a solid team to work.

Soldier is best used en-masse, and you never want to play aggressively with this class. It is the slowest class in the game now that the devs have inexplicably removed CQC 2, and it is effectively now a walking grenade, since that is the only thing good about the class: 3 lives and a grenade. Use it defensively to hold choke points, abuse that alt-frag on classes that can't quick-getup (Honestly a waste against a Jedi/Sith unless you have a group of gunners focusing him).

ET/Commander is really quite good with dodge and rally. Dodge is pretty OP, but it's not the "zOmGXXX FUKCING DOGE FAEG" shit everyone whines about. Commander has *always* been incredibly strong due to the T-21 alone, which is one of the best weapons in the game. The alt-fire hits like a runaway ice cream van and has a relatively good rate of fire. Just place the crosshair at eye level, and spray in their general direction. Again, keep in mind peeker's advantage, you're not as fast as most classes. If you have dodge, use it to peek, don't run at someone expecting to matrix them to death. As for ET, A280 is decent, but requires more finesse than the T-21, don't rely on the burst function but don't ignore it. If you're facing a Jedi with the A280 then swap between Burst/Regular shots to make your timing less predictable. Missing a burst on a good Jedi is almost certain death, so always keep them guessing.

Arc Trooper is basically just a really hard to kill class that is decent against everything, especially Sith. M5 shreds FP like nothing. Prioritize shooting at running Sith over blocking ones, a shot on a blocking sith is effectively wasted ammo. If you are running Dex 3 then don't be afraid to jump around like a spastic chimpanzee, just remember that if they have pull, you need to be a lot more careful. I recommend using Arc to counter large numbers of solds and Dekas. Pulse nades are really strong, but also extremely expensive. Do not waste them. Save them for important moments that might help your team secure a victory. Nade launcher is quite good against Sith, but a pulse nade used on a Sith is a very expensive blob. Sniper rifle is only really effective when you're on defense, on offense it is only really good for fighting SBDs, doesn't do enough damage compared to what the enemy might be hitting you with to justify the ammo cost. Pistols are memey and hard to use, but they annihilate the lower health classes, I recommend using dual pistols against Sith/sold swarms. However, Commander T-21s and good BHs will shit on Arcs, do not recommend using Arc against those classes.

Hero is just obnoxious and overpowered now with dodge 3 (And they were OP even before dodge 3, derp). They're not really good against Sith, though, atleast compared to BH vs Jedi, so you mostly want to use them as counters to classes like SBD, Commander, and Mando. P3 is good, but it'll leave you at a disadvantage against Sith and dodge commanders. Proj rifle is OP as always (also, don't try to aim with Proj rifle, just peek and guesstimate where your opponent will be, then fire at them. Sniping in MB2 is not about aiming unless your enemy doesn't know you're there, it's about throwing as many guesses down range and seeing which one kills.). Alt frags are your best friend against Sith/Commanders/Mandos, basically a guaranteed kill on the latter two classes if you can land it, and it guarantees damage on a SIth. Alt frags are impossible to miss, provided you aren't lobotomized, and are effectively just a game changer. Abuse them often. Dash is pretty neat for peeking/getting into cover, but it is mostly used for fighting Sith, and isn't all that necessary when Dodge 3 overshadows everything else. Healing is gimmicky, and you can run that when fighting against swarms of soldiers, as it means you can tank a lot more than normal. Also, a fun trick to do when running heal, is to start incorporating jump in your strafing, as shots that hit your legs do a pittance of damage, and when in combination with Heal, you'll be really quite hard to kill.

Bounty Hunter is my favorite class in the game, aside from Commander/Arc, and it's honestly just fun to use. It is more weighted towards killing Jedi and Clones than anything else. Best advice for BH is to save your poison. Just because you can hit a Jedi with poison, doesn't mean you should. Save it for when the Jedi over-extends, and can't easily get back to save himself. That 20 or so poison damage is not NEARLY as useful as shutting down the Jedi's FP regeneration. Also poison is not just useful against Jedi, it can also disable class skills such as hero dash. Always prioritize the most lethal threats on the Rebel team: If they have a good Jedi, TRACK him. If they have a Wookiee, TRACK it. If they have a solid hero, TRACK him. Do not underestimate the usefulness of track, it can mean the difference between a victory and a defeat. Don't use track on multi-life classes though, or non-threatening players, as it is just a waste. The ability to melee while holding a gun is super useful for BH, but I caution you to avoid using the fly kick, as it is obvious as all hell, and extremely risky. Sweep kick and regular kick should be enough to dissuade any Jedi.

Mandalorian is pretty good against just about everything except Hero and good Jedi. It is a solid counter to Wookiee. I don't recommend ever using Westars, as they are hard to aim and generally terrible when compared to EE3. Don't buy rocket unless the enemy team has a lot of Clones. Emergency suicide rockets are not only stupid, but also ineffective (and can get your team killed). Flamethrower can force a Jedi to move, which is invaluable. Though be careful because a good Jedi may just run straight through your flamethrower and Mace Windu your ass. Remember that there is 0 delay between using flamethrower and firing your weapon, so use that to your advantage, do NOT panic jetpack away. Against Hero/Sold spam, keep your distance, alt frags are a cancer that put you in a very early grave if not careful.

SBD/Wook are cancer and situational, SBD shits on Jedi with hilarious ease, and will destroy all non-sniper/arc classes with the same ease. Best advice for using SBD is to play defensively *always*, camp those corners, and stay away from melee-Wookiees. Wook is very gimmicky. Bowcaster charge shot is insanely OP if you can land it, being able to one shot every class in the game except Deka/SBD. Fury Wook is honestly unfair to gunners if used properly, just play defensively if possible and use stealth to your advantage, don't think you can tank a hallway of competent soldiers without fury being active. Against a Sith, run away forever in melee, YOU get to decide when to fight, not the Sith, and it is honestly just a stalemate between both sides. Sith can't reach you, and you can't risk being sabered.

Clone is just suppressing, strafing at the speed of light, flinching, and blobbing. It's very straight forward. Save your blobs for peeking and hitting jumping/flying targets. Ions are incredibly strong and hard to miss, landing a fully charged ion means your opponent can't fire for 5 seconds. Recommend crouching against Sith, as you can sprint while crouched (lol) and move really fast. Clones eat shit against sold spam, though, due to how dumb alt-frag is, unless the Clones have the opportunity to defend.

Deka is very situational. It's either blindingly overpowered, or the trashiest of trash. Don't recommend using it unless you feel like memeing.

Jedi/Sith in open are either corner fuckers or walking push binds. You're either a support jedi, or a ninja. There is no inbetween. Don't charge enemy gunners, no matter how much you think you can, and don't think you can get a safe duel in open mode unless you *MAKE* it safe. Easiest way to play Jedi is the way 99% of players use it in open: Support. Just stand in front of your gunners, don't move much, push grenades/running enemy gunners, and act as a barrier between the teams. Only time you should ever swing as a support Jedi, is to keep an enemy saberist from killing your gunner, or slashing a downed target that your gunner can't hit. If you're low on FP, run away, don't double down and rush them. You cannot play Jedi/Sith effectively in an aggressive manner against competent opponents in this patch, so do not even try.

Last edited:
u can do that or u can play for like a decade + some and get to the point u can kill most people with fists and force lightning

either way win win