•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Changing screen resolution to 1920x1080?

Hey guys!

I hope you all have had a great holiday. It's been quite some time since I've played MB2 and I decided to revisit it due to EA's Battlefront II being such a disaster.
I just installed MB2 but I'm having some trouble running it at my monitor's native resolution of 1920x1080. I changed it in setup<video but my screen appears washed out once I get to the menu and then my game freezes up and crashes. The menu appears as it should if I run it as a smaller resolution.

Also, can someone point me in the direction to a skin pack? I remember those becoming popular when I left the game but I never tried one out for myself.

Cheers

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
my screen appears washed out
Could please explain better what do you mean, or post a screenshot?
Cause I don't understand what an issue do you have, though I have one guess:
Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide , scroll to "Mouse is acting weird, movement of cursor on the screen doesn't match mouse movement.
Image is cropped, you cannot see right and bottom sides."
then my game freezes up and crashes.
Are you sure your hardware is good enough to handle 1920 x 1080?

MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
If you already use MBII Client, select jamp. Still crashes?

1. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt
  3. Upload a file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\a.txt" to this thread.
Also, can someone point me in the direction to a skin pack?
Modification & Media

Could please explain better what do you mean, or post a screenshot?
Cause I don't understand what an issue do you have, though I have one guess:
Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide , scroll to "Mouse is acting weird, movement of cursor on the screen doesn't match mouse movement.
Image is cropped, you cannot see right and bottom sides."

Are you sure your hardware is good enough to handle 1920 x 1080?

MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt

Modification & Media
Hey. My PC is high-end so that should rule out that concern.

I'd post a screenshot of the menu but now my game freezes on startup and I have to force close the app. Everything worked fine and dandy before I changed my resolution.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Hey. My PC is high-end so that should rule out that concern.

I'd post a screenshot of the menu but now my game freezes on startup and I have to force close the app. Everything worked fine and dandy before I changed my resolution.
What about the Droid attack on the Wookieesswitching to MBII Client, changing Windows scaling and posting a log?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'd be happy to do that if you wouldn't mind explaining how in simpler terms ;)
Jesus Christ, what simpler terms?
I already told you what to do in very straightforward way. If something is unclear, please explain what exactly you didn't understand.

==================

==================

==================

2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt

Jesus Christ, what simpler terms?

Jesus Christ, I'm not sure how to take your tone. If I were an expert I wouldn't have posted here in the thread.

================================================================

**edit - I got it working, thanks**

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I don't see any reason for saltiness.
Not saltiness, only wonder, since I believe I already explain thing in the most understandable, user-friendly way.
I switched to MBII Client which fixed my issue with screen resolution. Now unfortunately servers don't show up even after switching through the various options. Any ideas for that?
If you have a firewall (NOD, Comodo, Kaspersky...) make sure "Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe" is allowed to access Internet.

Also, perform this:
  1. Open a server list
  2. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  3. Make a screenshot, post it here.
    You can see an example of such screenshot below.

2ee53c1d1be7.png

Not saltiness, only wonder, since I believe I already explain thing in the most understandable, user-friendly way.

If you have a firewall (NOD, Comodo, Kaspersky...) make sure "Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe" is allowed to access Internet.

Also, perform this:
  1. Open a server list
  2. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  3. Make a screenshot, post it here.
    You can see an example of such screenshot below.

2ee53c1d1be7.png

I got it working. I appreciate the help.

Final question, is it possible to play alone with bots?