Bots?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It isn't currently possible. JKA bots simply don't understand MB2 maps and gameplay (things like objectives) and is also why they cannot be found in Siege mode.

I would personally love to see them added because I believe it would help the longevity of MB2, but the amount of work required to make decent bots is significant and the team doesn't have the resources to do so.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
No, or not really. It may technically be possible, but the changes to the game are comprehensive and as I understand it the AI hasn't been reprogrammed to be able to make any sense of it so.... "No."

edit: ninja'd

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
There's no routing for bots on MB2 maps nor does the base JKA method for having bots join a game function with how MB2's join stuff works.

I fiddled with it for a bit a month or so ago and managed to get a bot player to join a game but never managed to get them actually ingame. Hopefully the cleanup of join code and whatnot will make it easier to deal with in the future.

I'd rather have more focus on the npcs we can use in mb than bots. We need more younglings. With teeth.

Tbh, I'm against bots in general. I hated joining servers with bots in the default version of this game.They were terrible.
Stop jumping around like monkeys damn it! Have some dignity ffs.

I think its better to focus on the living rather than putting any real work into resurrecting Frankenbots.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I hadn't been aiming for full on bot integration into MB2. I was just dawdling around with some things in my efforts for trying to get some kind of dueling practice AI thing in place for the long run.

If you could isolate certain actions, lock them into place, force them to do a particular set of moves(like a side swing, repeated over and over, you learn timing, how to defend against that type of swing etc.), great training material.

Anything else, a waste of time imo.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
That's more or less what I was aiming to do. Controlled actions to practice specific things.

Putting bots in mb2 is not possible cause it's technically a ''siege mod'', what i mean is the game modes in mb2 have been coded exactly like siege only with different settings. You could however re-code the mod but that might cause bugs not to mention the maps in mb2 might not have bot support in them however Open Jedi Project executed it and made it work and it is also similar to mb2 but it wasn't coded like siege hope this message helped :p:p:p:p:p

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
It's definitely possible for bots to work in MB2. Just have to have routing and adjust how settings are set for them to accommodate for parts of MB2's code.