Bring back nudge and "fix" flinch + other tweaks

Discussion in 'Feedback & Gameplay' started by Gargos, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Aizencin

Aizencin EU Official Server Admin

I dont care about flinch because im not an open player, but i honestly think that the only ones that should talk about nudge beign on the game are the people that plays duel mode, because its where it most affects it, despite i liked nudge, nudge completily changes duel system and i dont think its a good idea to change a whole gamemode just to '''fix/balance'' a single class from open mode.

AaronAaron likes this.
  2. Gumba

Gumba EU Official Server Admin

Abusing nudge to get instaswings on gunners is a problem for open mode

LanceOfLonginus likes this.
  3. NERO

NERO

Guess I won't have to like it then. More 'testing' being more like more tedious and less intense.

Besides, deflect is still broken unless gunners outnumber a jedi and jedi can nigh-completely negate all knockdowns so that's two tools down the drain anyway.

4. Tempest

Tempest coding in Wonderland Movie Battles II Team

The range probably does need to be boosted slightly to account for situations like that. I think the issue that most have is that it either feels inconsistent (from gunner perspective) or there's not a lot one can do in some situations (i.e. someone holding m1 as SBD/clone or m2 with any other rapid fire gun). I have some adjustments to be made for it (that also go with the FP drain rate and jazz) that I need to write up that I think will help both sides of this.

P.S. nudge = cancer

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    k4far likes this.
  5. {Δ} Achilles

{Δ} Achilles Internal Beta Team

Am I hearing this right. Are gunners complaining about Jedi in this patch? And did Stassin just say that Jedi is easier than gunner?

6. Gargos

Gargos EU Official Server Admin

Personally I find it easier to play saberist. I think it is still quite balanced, only problem being the inconsistency of flinch and current lightning stun length (which was supposed to be nerfed) that irritates me.

7. {Δ} Achilles

{Δ} Achilles Internal Beta Team

I suppose that depends on what you're doing with the class. If you have to fight other saberists then Jedi/Sith has the highest learning curve. If you're fighting terrible gunners, then yes it is pretty easy. In 1.3 it was actually pretty hard to get away with being a bad Jedi, with all of this ridiculous damage resistance it is now much tougher to kill a crappy one.

I've always wanted Jedi vs Gunner to be a skillful environment, but atm it is kind of bullshit on both sides for various reasons, and you need to rebalance a lot more than just flinch and lightning.