•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Big FPS issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 8232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8232

Hello everyone , first of all for once in my life I’m not trolling ,now let’s get to the point, I’m having a big FPS issue since last update with the mb2 client (openJK), my FPS are like 5 to 10 max, i managed to get to a server and I saw bugged shader(normal shaders mixed with darksabers), I didn’t bother taking a screenshot but I can do it someone is willing to help me, I don’t really have a big setup, intel hd graphics and pentium processor but itt always worked fine I literally only play Mb2 on my pc , so I’d like if you guys knows how to fix this or if it’s due to the new update is it going to be fixed .

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It seems that your system is extremely outdated from what I can gather off the post, even though this is an old game, the mod uses high quality shaders in some models which your rig most likely isn't able to render.

It can also relate to driver issues with OpenGL, in which the newer drivers may not be compatible with your system.
No, you are wrong.
As we can see now, jamp and MBII Client do use different OpenGL renderers, and jamp has no problems using correct Intel HD driver.
Keeping in mind that MBII Client is updated with more recent OpenJK, it's clear now that it's OpenJK's fault.
My words about installing correct GPU driver isn't relevant anymore.
Attachments
Ok, now I want you to do this:
  1. Shut down Movie Battles, if it's running
  2. Move file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg" to some unrelated folder (if you want to preserve your config)
  3. Download file from attachment and put in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
  4. Start Movie Battles via MBII Client and see if there is any difference
  5. Also, see if name was changed to "Test" (it's necessary to check was new config actually applied)

Attachments

• openjk.cfg
    12 KB · Views: 213
D

Deleted member 8232

Ill do it now im going to edit this message to tell you whats up
EDIT: i replaced the SDL2.dll from gamedata with it and it didnt change anything

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
alright so i just did it , it didnt change anything except that my in-game name was test
Sad.
Try running MBII Client without "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg" file at all. See how it goes.
If it won't work, do this:
  1. Open a in-game console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt
  3. Upload a file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\a.txt" to this thread.

D

Deleted member 8232

i launched the launcher first and then i moved in the file and it still didnt change anything
Puppytine , i did and game was launched in windowed mode but still the same issue here is the file

Attachments

• a.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 192

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Seems like OpenJK devs really dropped a ball here.
I think there's a way to fix it by changing some parameters in config file, but I don't know what exactly those parameters are, and since I don't have the same or similar CPU, I can't investigate it by myself.

So far the best I can suggest is rollback to previous MBII Client.
Files are in attachment, replace/overwrite existing files. This time it really should work.

Attachments

• MBII Client.zip
    916 KB · Views: 204
D

Deleted member 8232

i will do it and let u know
EDIT : Yeah it worked thanks for the help and everyone who tried to help too

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8232

We found an other solution for the problem with nightshades u need to download some app that will make the computer compatible with open jk I’ll drop the link tomorrow and explain in details