•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Are the ragdoll physics enabled?

Does anyone know if the ragdoll physics are removed or are not enabled by default? I can see in this video here at exactly 2:06 that they are fully working. Were they removed at some point or what? Because its all pure animations for me.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
They are not enabled by default. To enable them you have to go into console and type /broadsword, and play around with the values until you find something you like.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Is there a way to set it to be on by default in the launch parameters?

The physics are causing crashes. Sometimes the corpse would appear in the upright position as if standing and the game would crash. Here are the crash logs (the 11-06-42 is 100% percent sure ragdoll crash, the other one is too most probably):
Edit: Added one more ragdoll crash log.

Attachments

• Crash Logs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Yeah when u see a ragdoll in that position, just quickly switch the person you are spectating and you should be spared from the crash.

Which equals broadsword 1. There are only 3 states: 0, 1, 2.
for anyone wondering what the difference between 1 and 2 is, I found a nice guide online which states:

"broadsword //soft bodies (rag-doll physics) : 0 (disabled), 1 (enabled), 2 (enabled and skips death animation)" - Cerez
source: Model Dismemberment (Realistic Lightsaber Combat) - Console Commands & Cvars - Tutorials - JKHub

maybe the crash is only related to one of the two ON states, although i doubt that matters because it results in mostly the same situation.

for anyone wondering what the difference between 1 and 2 is, I found a nice guide online which states:

"broadsword //soft bodies (rag-doll physics) : 0 (disabled), 1 (enabled), 2 (enabled and skips death animation)" - Cerez
source: Model Dismemberment (Realistic Lightsaber Combat) - Console Commands & Cvars - Tutorials - JKHub

maybe the crash is only related to one of the two ON states, although i doubt that matters because it results in mostly the same situation.

this is all irrelevant compared to the power of /broadsword 2000

ent

Movie Battles II Team
The physics are causing crashes. Sometimes the corpse would appear in the upright position as if standing and the game would crash. Here are the crash logs (the 11-06-42 is 100% percent sure ragdoll crash, the other one is too most probably):
Edit: Added one more ragdoll crash log.
Could you send your "rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll"? Also are those crash logs just after that crash or maybe they already were there?

Could you send your "rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll"? Also are those crash logs just after that crash or maybe they already were there?
Two of the crash logs are today's, and were put into the .zip right after the crash, and one is from yesterday. You can see the dates in the file names of the crash logs. Here's the renderer:

Attachments

• Renderer.zip
    398.5 KB · Views: 270