ARC suggestion

With the Dex 3 change allowing them to shoot from the floor ARCs feel a lot less fun than they used to. To spice things up is it possible to add in melee abilities like the jump kick while having weapons out? This will be awkward where buttons are concerned so is it worth adding a third class special button?

Are you asking for the ability to do kata specials while your pistols are equipt?
Well that would be interesting, but what button would I press to do this?

Like this confuses me on a control stand point, because special 1 sprints and special 2 does the roll.
What the hell would you bind special 3 too?

It'd be kinda cool but the buttons are an issue, and bounty hunters can already do kicks and kick-based special attacks with their gun out, so it'd just be copying features.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I'd just make it operate in the same way as melee does it.

- Use + Forwards + Alt Attack (on keypress, doesn't work if guns are already charging).

But I think we have enough knockdowns and this:

and bounty hunters can already do kicks and kick-based special attacks with their gun out, so it'd just be copying features.

Well the amount of knockdowns is a separate issue.
As for copying features, it's a pretty common thing across the board. One of the ARCs defining features was the autoroll but that was removed, what else could be used? Most of what the ARC does is also done by something else in one way or another, EE3 is very similar to the M5, Jedi and Sith have similar (better) dexterity, Clones have stamina, Mandalorians have rockets and dual pistols. I don't think reusing abilities is a problem.

Hell remove them from BH, they got tons of stuff already.

As for buttons, a third class special would help with expansion of abilities IMO. Combining saber stance and weapon mode was a good idea, maybe do the same for "use force power" with class special 3?

M5 is way different from EE3, the only similarity is being able to quickscope, and not even that if you go with the nade launcher. Also ARC pistol shots bounce. ARCs are also the best disruptors next to jedi and pretty much the best demolition class.
But I don't want to go against the idea necessarily because it's just be copying features, but I'd prefer if something like this was implemented, it'd have more to it than just something taken from another class.

What if instead of, or in addition to being able to melee kick with guns, ARCs could change their weapons super-fast? That'd be very useful, especially if you have multiple builds.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
One of the ARCs defining features was the autoroll but that was removed, what else could be used?
Autoroll was not removed from ARC, it still occurs when hit by explosions. Now they just have an extra defining feature, the ability to shoot while knocked down. Not sure how this makes them less fun than they used to when it was essentially a huge buff and allows for more freedom after most knockdowns.

I find ARC way more fun to play now, it's drastically easier to fight Sith because they can't abuse your autorolls.

I would like to see a third class special button though. Electric grappling hook for ARC pls. On the other hand, some classes like soldier and clone still have a free class special 2 button. ETs/Commanders still have both class special buttons free.

Autoroll was not removed from ARC, it still occurs when hit by explosions. Now they just have an extra defining feature, the ability to shoot while knocked down. Not sure how this makes them less fun than they used to when it was essentially a huge buff and allows for more freedom after most knockdowns.

I find ARC way more fun to play now, it's drastically easier to fight Sith because they can't abuse your autorolls.

The ability to shoot while knocked down is OK. In reality though it ends up as you just fighting Sith the same as as any other class, walking around just using ARC's still buggy dive function but with the knockdown while shooting as a backup. I've stopped bothering with Dex 3 since I've been back, just going with ARC rifle and sniper instead, it's much more effective but also not as interesting unfortunately.

I see so few people using it these days, most ARCs I see are full rocket ARCs, barely anyone uses dual pistols either which is sad because the bounce is still really good.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The reason I dislike playing dexterity arc is because the dive doesn't feel fluid, especially for the amount of points you put into it, and wallrunning feels awful. It should go in a static direction until you run out of momentum, not allow you to stop mid wallrun. It looks super dumb and doesn't feel useful for advancement.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I've stopped bothering with Dex 3 since I've been back, just going with ARC rifle and sniper instead, it's much more effective but also not as interesting unfortunately.
Why not both? My usual build is M5 2 + sniper, dex 3, stam 2, ammo 3 with a choice between pistol 2 or armor 2. Perfect running accuracy with a sniper is amazing.

I definitely agree ARCs lack a variety of effective interesting builds though. M5 sniper almost always appears to be the superior weapon choice. It's difficult to aim the alternating fire on the pistols and buying enough pulses to make the grenade launcher worthwhile is too expensive. (TBH, this lack of variety in effective builds seems to be a problem with a lot of classes except saberists. Or maybe its just easy to compare how many options saberists have to how comparatively few most gunner classes have.)

I don't think dexterity lacks in effectiveness though. Although some fixes for dive fluidity and wallruns that Supa mentioned would be nice.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Dexterity doesn't lack effectiveness, it just doesn't really perform how you would expect it to with the points you need to commit to get it.

IMO the biggest issue dual pistols have is that the M5 is basically an E11 at the moment. Sure the reload is different but it's pretty similar. Since you can walk and it's accurate it makes the pistols kinda pointless since up close spread is better than accuracy.

The pistols are extremely underrated. If you can aim your double charge shots you'll be wrecking butt. M5 is significantly weaker than E-11 in close and medium range due to the small size of the projectiles.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Pistol bounce shots are fantastic, but they're a lot more situational than M5 is. M5 has the benefit of always being accurate with level 2 (which only costs 2 more points than level 3 pistols) and the fire doesn't alternate left and right like pistols do.

I think ARC's should be a more acrobat focused class, or more mobile atleast. Like rebels don't have a mobility specialized class like the imps do. The ARC's should get more acrobat focused stuff in their kit and move their heavy weapons to the CT. Being the grenade launcher and the PLX, but keeping the westar and scope attachment upgrade.

I mentioned before in some other threads that rebels need a class that can get on top of stuff and hide, and provide overwatch like the mandalorian. I accepted that ARC's wont get jetpacks, because it would be a model and animation issue. Which is why I supported ARC troopers getting a grappling hook, or some kind of climbing ability that allows them to get on top of stuff.

ARC weapons as they are right now are great, my only gripe is how the westar reload can get interrupted. Which is why I perfer the pistols because they are cheaper to use and reload like everything else. I can easily build dex with pistols as the main weapon, with full armor and ammo.

Last edited:
Pulse nades are a little too expensive IMO. You have to sacrifice quite a bit just for 1. While useful for dekas and SBDs, they aren't that good against other classes besides knockdowns and draining ammo (which in most cases is useless). I would suggest reducing the cost to 8 points?

Last edited:
Why are there so many cooldowns?

When using dive and jumps the stamina bar doesn't go that far so why can't we just use dive 3 times in a row if we want to? Especially since the dive doesn't get you out of push range either.

Maybe reduce the amount of stamina these moves take a touch and let ARCs use them as much as they like. Maybe have the stamina levels reduce the costs?

Why are there so many cooldowns?

When using dive and jumps the stamina bar doesn't go that far so why can't we just use dive 3 times in a row if we want to? Especially since the dive doesn't get you out of push range either.

Maybe reduce the amount of stamina these moves take a touch and let ARCs use them as much as they like. Maybe have the stamina levels reduce the costs?

What about this?

I think instead of affecting stamina regeneration stamina should just raise the amount of stamina avaliable(all clones have same regen)
level 1 - default stamina(100)
level 2 - more stamina(150)
level 3 - double stamina(200)