Appo's Arc Feedback for [CURRENT UPDATE NUMBER HERE]

Discussion in 'Feedback & Gameplay' started by CC-1119 "Appo', Oct 30, 2016.

1. CC-1119 "Appo'

CC-1119 "Appo' EU Official Server Admin

Bumping this up.

Yeah, you're right @Liniyka_xddd - was just rusty at the time I think.

As for ARC currently - I still think EMPs need a cost reduction down to 5pts. They just aren't worth 10 with the amount of follow up you need to do to finish off a target affected by EMPs compared to Frags, Concs or TD. That being said, everything else feels spot on.

I'm not sure if any changes have been made to the EE-3, but I remember last time it was causing me to roll whenever I was shot by the sniper mode, whilst the proj, ruptor and such sniper weapons did not - this is something that really threw me off back then, not sure if it's been fixed or not, but last time it was causing me to roll in whichever direction i was holding after being shot.

I still think dual pistols should get some new animations, as it looks incredibly awkward with 1 pistol hanging off to the side like that or jittering around, but that's low priority/not related to balance :p

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Luna likes this.
  2. Onysfx

Onysfx Internal Beta Team

@CC-1119 "Appo'
    I mentioned this at least a year ago, but I agree pulse nades should be cheaper, not 5 points though, 6-8 is fair I'd say. Remember, they still knockdown, drain ammo clip, have a decent AOE, plus take a chunk of armor. But ya, a bit cheaper than 10 points would help a lot.

Here is my idea for rockets:

Level 1: 10 points, 1 rocket
    Level 2: 10 points, 1 more rocket, total of 2 rockets
    Level 3: 20 points, 2 more rockets, total of 4 rockets.

I feel this setup is more practical to be honest. I guess you could argue it's a bit OP, but arc is supposed to be a mobile class, not a walking tank. They are supposed to be mobile units with a diverse arsenal.

CC-1119 "Appo' likes this.
  3. Dra-Gon

Dra-Gon

Don't pulse nades take all shield from non-deka?

4. CC-1119 "Appo'

I haven't used them in a while since they were awful last time, but the last time I did use them you basically had to be standing within roughly 3m of them in order to have like 75% of your shield drained, i wasn't able to consistently drain my shield completely unless I stood on-top of it.

Luna likes this.
  5. Luna

Luna

The EE-3 sniper mode still causes me to roll in my experience and I kind of agree with you since the best arc build(imo) is the one without nades which shows how they're not really cost-effective for what they are supposed to be

6. CC-1119 "Appo'

I mean the issue is that taking grenades or PLX or anything other than dex 3 stam 3 armor 3 is basically just playing a worse clone - even the sniper on the ARC, while nice on the class due to your mobility combined with a sniper system, is generally worthless considering you can play hero with a proj instead - which also gets a much better secondary weapon in the form of the E-11 for close range defense and a much better primary sniper, capable of OHKs on most classes.

That's before you get to the issue where it requires so much follow up that it just isn't viable - if I don't push through and make sure the people hit by that EMP are dead within 5 seconds, the effect pretty much wears off against most opponents.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Onysfx, Luna and DaloLorn like this.
  7. Onysfx

Agree on this 100 percent. Nades being cheaper would help a lot with the class IMO, plus my rocket suggestion.

8. Templar

Templar

I feel like if pulse nades are going to be made cheaper, their effect on dekas should be lessened a bit. A deka without hull 2 is pretty much a guaranteed kill once they've been hit by an EMP.

9. CC-1119 "Appo'

On their own? sure. In a team fight? no. A frag grenade or a thermal detonator can be useful in a teamfight regardless of how prepared the enemy is, as all it needs to do is be in proximity to an enemy and can be bounced around corners to lessen detonation timer - the same can be done with a pulse grenade but the issue is that the pulse grenade then requires a follow up.

Where a frag grenade might kill or seriously injure someone and thus make the follow up so much easier, an EMP basically will either do nothing outside of draining a small percentage of shield if not close enough or will drain a magazine at worst, meaning that for the most part if you don't push in there and follow that up within five seconds, the enemy is practically in the same state they were in prior to you throwing the grenade, making it a rather worthless investment.

10. MuscBodypillow

MuscBodypillow

this, but isn't there also knockback.

11. CC-1119 "Appo'

Aye.

12. MuscBodypillow

MuscBodypillow

I think a good weight to balance the nade would be to use blobs/ions as comparison. Since clones most of the twice get twice the number of blobs/ions per perk invested(2*units/round). How much would that be for an ARC (units/round) (since the nades have the effect of both ions and blobs.)

13. CC-1119 "Appo'

ARC can only have one life so it'd just be 2 for 10 with a max of 6, the issue is however that ions & blobs are much easier to make use of and much harder to counter as they require much more precise timing on force push to redirect the threat while grenades are easily pushed aside. Honestly though, you could probably solve this issue mostly just by reducing the EMP cost to 5 pts as then I could simply buy one and if it does accomplish nothing, I can still have a relatively solid loadout.

That being said, as an ideal solution in my personal opinion, I wouldn't mind them losing the concussion knockdown effect if it meant they would also either drain far more armour (like 60 - 70 for the very edge of the detonation and full armour/shield within close proximity of the grenade) or dealt some health damage alongside, like 20 - 40 hp spread throughout the blast radius.

Then I'd probably spend 10pts and sacrifice some ammo/armor to make use of them because I could simply use bouncing to reduce said detonation timer and treat them like a weaker frag with some extra bonuses, I no longer have to follow up on the grenade for it to have had some noticeable effect against most opponents.

MuscBodypillow likes this.
  14. Onysfx

Now that you put it that way, I have to agree with you. Pulse nades should be only 5 points each. The only thing I fear though, is pulse nade spam. You can completely destroy the imps with that type of thing, plus the arc will have more points for rockets and a rifle.