Anti-Trolling Mechanics is a MUST for next build

I am sorry for my first reply, I was kinda hoping that this post was meant to be trolling, but as it turns out it wasn't, I'm sorry that I assumed that. Sooo...

Broken English alert, (yes autistic Russian troll, who can't write), but I hope u can understand it.

As a member of the "wall-running clowns", "autistic huggers", "trolls" or SS7 member - which became a term on every player who is not playing the game as it "supposed" to be played by specific players - or idk what are we named nowadays... In those suggestions, I only agree with the tking part, but honestly, I still find this whole "anti- troll-mechanics" unnecessary.
MB2 is a magical mod that provides features for both ""trolls"" and ""hardcore players"", and because the community is small these different "play styles" pop out much more than in any other game.
Both of these "sides" have radicals and toxic ones, saying that only trolls make new players rage quit is funny. I know a lot of people will know what I mean when I say that the "other side" has radicals too. Both communities make new people join in or rage quit, we can't deny that.
From a "troll perspective" I know a lot of players who joined or stayed in the community cuz of the "lolz" and because they can both fuck around and play seriously. And I know a lot of people who quitted the game because they were constantly bashed on how they played "like a troll", put under the same title as some assholes,(even tho they did nothing wrong in-game) and accusing them of things they never done, which is stupid.

As I said this community is small, and the causing of this post was a beautiful evening on the tin server when the "troll" player base had more people on than the other one. (and believe it or not, these occasions are not organized "raids" lol - I know you referred to the TR raid that night, but as far as I remember that "raid" consisted of 3 people and lasted 10 seconds, because this problem can be easily solved with banning them.) And I think I can safely say that night there was a good amount of ""tryhard"" who also joined in the cluster fuck, cuz there are people, who can adapt to this kind of fun too.
But so happened that you could not. And I can understand that, everyone is different... but I can't say anything else besides, shit happens... In this small community, this can happen and I think the only thing you can do is accept it. I accepted it, a lot of people accepted it... And in my opinion, this is not an everyday occasion lol... Thank God this is not an everyday occasion, cuz even I would hate that too.

So as I said, both side has its toxic ones and we can't deny that. And dividing the player base into "autistic huggers" and tryhards is stupid, ofc that's gonna cause conflicts. I never considered myself a "troll", cuz in my opinion trolls are who intentionally tk and make shitty insults unironically, but I was given the title by "tryhards" and people started to associate me with ss7 , and because of that I got threatened to be banned a lot of occasion and ofc in time uncontrollably I joined in the ""troll community"", even tho I still don't consider myself to be one of them.
Because there is no such thing as "troll community" and "calculated attacks" or "grand plans" against others and there isn't a "tryhard community" either.

So I don't think there is needed to be made any changes regarding this topic, because trolls ruin the game, and make new players rq, the people, who mostly accuse us of stuff are not saints either. that's why I thought this was meant to be trolling, which again I'm sorry for assuming that, but this started from a person who also joins in our "autistic hugging" sometimes.

So again both "side" has its toxic ones and I don't think we need restrictions because of them (I know I am considered that too by some, and that its funny of me talking about tking, cuz in a way I'm doing that too by sometimes not helping the team cuz I'm out autistically hugging my friend.
but I try to protect the team to not get killed, and if I see that the community is mostly playing seriously at the moment I come up with an alias and try to play the best as I could even tho I'm a shit player.)

And if there really isn't anything that can make some of these guys accepting it or finding peace in it,
then accept it this way:
.......you need those trolls..... they are free kill..... you love to show them, who is the boss in da house and make them rage quit. :d

So I think blaming "trolls" only is pointless
- have fun
- this is a small community
- sometimes once a month/week clusterfuck happens
- I don't think we need to make any radical changes because of that

But in the end, the devs will decide what they want with the mod, and I can only hope that there are members in the team, who understand this side of the player base too.
if not then puff...

I'm sorry for my broken English again, I hope you can still understand what I meant here.

midgeerekta.jpg

Its horrible in NA. tR is a cesspool of time wasting, tking trolls, and is consistently the only NA server populated. You get flamed for playing the game, and they will tk you and force you to watch them suck each other off in the cells of Deathstar. Its near impossible to play there, you will always be attacked by teammates in melee and then chain team killed by a group of degenerates until you quit or they get kicked. Actually, they wont be kicked, because admins come in and reset their team kill points. I love MB2 but it gets harder and harder to play as the community shrinks, not because of lack of players but an abundance of trolls. People bitch about the core gameplay but play one map all day and melee. It's weird.

TIN open is just the most popular, therefore you'll find more trolls. So i don't accept "TIN is killing this mod" lol. The amount of trusted admins that are active in the community is at an all time low as long as i remember. But as far as i know we have the biggest admin team compared to other open servers. If anyone has a problem with trolls, tkers etc please tag a server admin within our discord. No one within our admin team "encourages" any of the things listed in the rant.

No no, he's right, TIN is killing this mod, let him believe that! We kill the mod and then we can finally move over to our WoW Classic guilds The Initium Wowum and Cult of Ragnaros.

Eazy E

Banned
If you look at this situation from the other side, you may come to some interesting conclusions. When we (those who are named "tryhards" nowadays) came to this game, we saw players killing enemies, doing objectives, making sick plays... We thought that THIS is how this game should be played and so we played the same way. Some people like those are still here and throughout the years they've accustomed to playing like before. They expect a challenge, teamwork, enemy resistance...

At some unknown moment and for unknown reason (maybe since EP7 hype?) the new, fresh population of players arrived. As they haven't heard about MBII before and have most likely come here after having tried battlefront, one can suppose that these are the players that are more of a casual playstyle and another kind of having fun. And that fun doesn't involve trying to kill enemies, doing objectives, teamwork. It involves fucking around and chatting. So nowadays, when new players arrive, what do they see? 15/32 people on the server are SS7 guys just fucking around, crouching, taunting and spamming voice commands. What does the player decide? Just like us in ancient times, he thinks that this is how the game is played. The players who expected some competitive gameplay leave and MBII is left with people who tolerate this kind of behaviour and later may join the SS7 ranks.

So me and other "tryhards" nowadays just play "our" game just like it was played before. This is my fun. I get fun from having a challenge. But for the majority of the modern players, I'm a tryhard. Alright.

You can see that these are just two different views on the same game. I doubt that forcing punishment on people would do the trick. Involving automated forcespec and, god forgive your soul, tempban with rangeban is never a good idea. I think that the easiest solution would be to popularize the old gameplay style as it was before. Organizing competitive events, streaming PUGs and scrims... Give them some taste of another MBII. So that people who come to this game and seek challenge can actually SEE that there's some for them and it's not just 15/32 people trolling and hugging each other. The point is not to get rid of trolls and people who think that this gameplay is how the MBII is played, but to get them interested in the competitive gameplay. Because nowadays what they see is some salty ego score tryhards just not letting them PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED (hugging and spamming crouch).

I'll let myself advertise the discord server where the PUGs are organized weekly (or, if we have more people, more often).

Don't be scared of Russian, pug-related conversations are always held in English. There are two channels dedicated to PUGs and they're hidden unless you have a "PUG'ers" role. Feel free to ask moderators, admins or ad.ppl clan members to give you this role, should you be interested.

It would also be cool to have an official promotion to the PUGs with like streaming and stuff. To be thought on :p
I see where you are coming from helix but I’d like to counteract with how I remember the game when I started. I started in 2011 which is pretty recent compared to some of the “oldfags” but I remember seeing on my first day in MB2 24_Sheogorath and 2 other members of his team facing off against 2 SBDs in DOTF. He TKed both the players on his team and used force speed to melee the SBDs to death after kiting them around the server for a good 2 minutes. When I joined in the next round he told me to take the mace windu skin and get a staff saber because as a black man my saber has to be twice as long. We spent the round after that spamming taunts and crouch and spamming Samuel L Jackson quotes in chat. This man was a MB2 developer btw not just a random troll.

Although despite my anecdote I do agree behaviour like that is far more prevalent today than it was back then but the community, without a doubt, is less toxic today. You want proof? Go on the modDB MB2 page all the comments are from 8-10 years ago and they all say the same thing “great gameplay, awful community” when I started and asked for help to play most the people on the server ignored me aside from Sheo who simply came upto me and said “see that red bar don’t let it get to 0 and you’ll be fine.” Nowadays when I see a new player joins a server and asks for help he/she might initially get trolled with the /qui gon or /disco stu commands but if they return after that players will be jumping at the chance to teach them how to play the game. Cult (despite our reputation in the community) do this a lot most of our players and even a lot of the well known names in the community were with us when they started because we chose to take them in and show them the ropes but it’s not just us it’s TIN, Legacy, Jeda’ii and plenty of other clans too all willing to help out new players to get potential recruits. Servers are far better moderated nowadays thanks to most of the big ones being clan run so admins are easy to reach through clan discord’s unlike back in the day when the only chance to get a duel server admin on was if you were friendly enough with agent that he added you as a friend on steam, otherwise you’d be left at the mercy of lamers which was far worse back when duel servers had 1 life per 5 minute rounds.
The community in those days was full of trolls to but a far worse kind. Nowadays we have SS7 who do a bit of TKing and time-wasting but on most moderated servers they just get kicked (I prefer to just use /smod newround when only SS7 or cult players are left alive). In the old days you didn’t have Mass TKing or Laming, the community was smaller and all the old players knew each other while the newbies were sort of left out of the circle until they proved themselves to be competent. This caused more of an ego sort of trolling. Vet players would get mad that they lost a duel due to a sidehit by a new player so would spend the next 10 rounds laming them (remember only 1 life per round on duel). A new player might accidentally TK there fellow teammate once and would spend the next 5 rounds being TKed as soon as they spawned by there team while they tell them they’re shit and should quit the game.

Trolling now is very different it’s new players trolling the old ones by timewasting because the game has become so fundamentally unbalanced that competitive play no longer really exists but back when it did it meant whoever was not on a competitive level just got ganked and bullied by all the vets why do you think from the entire period from 2011-2015 (before 2011 actually before I started playing but this is what I remember) the best duellists were Agentoo8, Sekundus, Jewbacca and Dymbesh and throughout all those years that didn’t change at all because the new players were not part of “the club” and so most of them were usually picked on till they either quit or got good enough to start competing. This made player retention very small compared to now. After 2015 the top duellist list has changed so many times with so many different people becoming the best and the reason was because of the huge influx of players after TFA and the completely broken gameplay of 1.1 and 1.2 (and sort of 1.3) it meant that competitive play was no longer possible as the system was broken and now there’s all these new players spamming cyan and purple stab so the separation of the playerbase by skill effectively disappeared as new players could beat vets by just using OP styles (Princess-Sakura beating Sekundus and Agent with purple stab spam in 1.2). This forced the game to change from more of a competitive atmosphere to a social one as the social interactions in the game were the only thing keeping it alive not the gameplay. So when gameplay was finally balanced again in 1.4 (a boring patch but a balanced one) we now had a much larger playerbase than we had all the years prior and this meant there was also a larger talent pool of duellists so a higher chance one of them became a god tier and managed to dethrone one of the old elites. However these new players, many of who were getting good now, started playing when the game had the atmosphere you described, one of more of a social timewasting type of game rather than a competitive one (also explains why we have a lot more and bigger clans nowadays). This also changed the types of trolls we had in the community they went from mostly oldfag duellists who trolled new players to feed their egos to new fags who like to timewaste and spam taunts in open. Overall I definitely think the second type of troll is better and the community is better off for it.

Last edited:
Honestly I agree with oink oink. When 30 percent of the server troll every round and practically do nothing it kills all my mb2 vibes. Once the enemy stops fighting back is when I eventually bore quit.

it is sad because I like many of these guys, nothing against them personally. It is the way they enjoy the game but in the process kills the fun for me. Dont mind them when there are like one or two fucking around but once there is around 5 or more hugging each other and wasting time then it starts to get real dull.

Simply do what I would do in that situation.
1. Eliminate all hostiles.
2. Execute traitors who get in your way.

TK points are merely suggestion.
Do what is necessary.

d598479483987de40909856ccac69d616dc927fb_hq.gif

Last edited:
Hey Oink! I'm a frequent TK'er and I have to say after reading this I created an account just to let you know that I'd love to hear more about your plans to remove trolling from the game, while we're both in the same team, and I'm using ARC Trooper with my rocketlauncher loaded up.

Last edited: