• Update to Tempest's build

Votes: 77 71.3%
  • Redesign

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.
As new player who only expirienced 1.5.4 patch I'm okay with the current state of dueling but it has problems like infinite parrys. I really would like to see how dueling was in previous builds and how it looks in Tempests build.

If veterans doesn't play duel mode and new players wouldn't notice any difference and as many people say this patch is shit and releasing new build wont make it any worse so why bother. Just release it or make an open beta atleast.

I think it's going to be easier to develop this mod with feedback of community.

Also it would be a good time to work on ui and tutorials as you devs wouldn't be bothered with complains about dueling and working on it.
These are my thoughts exactly. The devs NEED to release what they currently have. They wont lose anything either. If people like it, people like it. If they don't well...… it literally wont change a single thing. There IS NOTHING TO LOSE.

My impression is that Tempest's build is complete. So release it, you might keep people happy for a long time, then you can ruin it for them again by releasing a new saber patch. xD

Here's a thought. What if people ACTUALLY like Tempest's patch. The people that tried Tempest's patch gave much positive feed back to it anyways. People have invested much time into his beta. We NEED this patch. People who don't realize this hasn't seen all the clans that died off or quit from the game. Let's not wait any longer. Soon TM? More like NOW TM. How long will it even take for you guys to scrap Tempest's patch and build ANOTHER NEW one after that. Another year maybe? C'mon guys, the community wants it.

These are my thoughts exactly. The devs NEED to release what they currently have. They wont lose anything either. If people like it, people like it. If they don't well...… it literally wont change a single thing. There IS NOTHING TO LOSE.

My impression is that Tempest's build is complete. So release it, you might keep people happy for a long time, then you can ruin it for them again by releasing a new saber patch. xD

Here's a thought. What if people ACTUALLY like Tempest's patch. The people that tried Tempest's patch gave much positive feed back to it anyways. People have invested much time into his beta. We NEED this patch. People who don't realize this hasn't seen all the clans that died off or quit from the game. Let's not wait any longer. Soon TM? More like NOW TM. How long will it even take for you guys to scrap Tempest's patch and build ANOTHER NEW one after that. Another year maybe? C'mon guys, the community wants it.
Agreed, but probably a bit too late to get most of those players back at this point, but if people want clans back devs should support clans (not just the main lameass dueling clans but every clan) if we want people staying on the game instead of the old no life players who still troll on this game

Shut up man. Devs shouldn't support any clans, small or large. I've already seen firsthand what this shit does.
So fuck off retard.
Listen dipshit, they already back the big clans on their discord, to not have devs backing every clan and having an adittional forum for clans you can't encourage more people to be involved and stay on MB2

Clans do not matter in this discussion at all. It's about the community as a whole (or at least the ones who CARE enough to be a part of it and make their voices heard publicly) and their opinion on the sabering system. Playing favorites just because someone has a redundant tag next to their name is a stupid idea.

Last edited:
We should start a rebellion. Promote Tempest to our leader, grab OJP, give it Tempest' changes, and name it MB3.

Viva la revolution. 🤣

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
So.
As new player who only expirienced 1.5.4 patch I'm okay with the current state of dueling but it has problems like infinite parrys. I really would like to see how dueling was in previous builds and how it looks in Tempests build.

If veterans doesn't play duel mode and new players wouldn't notice any difference and as many people say this patch is shit and releasing new build wont make it any worse so why bother. Just release it or make an open beta atleast.

I think it's going to be easier to develop this mod with feedback of community.

Also it would be a good time to work on ui and tutorials as you devs wouldn't be bothered with complains about dueling and working on it.
It's been this way for most of MB2's time but it was a lot easier to get swings in between an opponent's in the past. Right now it's almost impossible to punish people for bad swings outside of interrupts because the parry timing window is so huge. This is something that's addressed in my build with better timing windows, parries draining small amounts of BP (it's pretty low, maybe 2-4 in majority of cases), and having disarms if you keep trying to parry when you have less than said BP requirement against a swing. Gives enough space to do 1 swing to fend 1 swing off at a time but if you keep flailing around you'll just die.

Clans do not matter in this discussion at all. It's about the community as a whole (or at least the ones who CARE enough to be a part of it and make their voices heard publicly) and their opinion on the sabering system. Playing favorites just because someone has a redundant tag next to their name is a stupid idea.
The community without clans is a bunch of tryhards getting pleasure from obliterating new players, and developers playing clear favourites with big clans.

Clans are an important aspect because they actually bring something more to the mod, there is no reason not to have a place to feature them to help keep the mod alive.

The community without clans is a bunch of tryhards getting pleasure from obliterating new players, and developers playing clear favourites with big clans.

Clans are an important aspect because they actually bring something more to the mod, there is no reason not to have a place to feature them to help keep the mod alive.
kind of agree to a certain level, even clans take shit on new players too so.....

kind of agree to a certain level, even clans take shit on new players too so.....
This still has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand. Plenty of people in clans and outside of clans teach newer players how to saber, I don't get what the point of bringing this up is, considering saber system = bad right now.

This still has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand. Plenty of people in clans and outside of clans teach newer players how to saber, I don't get what the point of bringing this up is, considering saber system = bad right now.

eh im just replying to him really.

Status
Not open for further replies.