Votes: 77 71.3%
  • Redesign

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea conn

Account Suspended
Once again, lets ask the players what they want. Everyone knows that the current saber patch is bad and a lot of people want to have it updated and fixing its flaws. Now Tempests sabering build fixes these current flaws and makes sabering great again in my opinion, but Defiant doesn't want us to have it because he thinks the system is bad. Defiant wants to redesign dueling to something like he'd find fun but doesn't seem to really be interested in the players opinion. So now i ask you, would you want tempests sabering patch to come out, revert the system or wait for who knows how long to make a redesign of sabering?
View attachment 3869
View attachment 3870
View attachment 3871(apparently making gameplay better is a waste of resources)
1571612056016.jpeg

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Here is a more representative log of my chat with Hessu.

Note how i am focused on wanting sabering to be enjoyable and he wants he favoured ruleset to be implemented without question.
hessu chat.png

Damn, a complete sabering overhaul, on top of everything that already needs to be done? The UI, the class system, the open balance, the maps - you are working on all this (hopefully) and you wanna do a complete dueling rework on top of it? How long would that take?

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Damn, a complete sabering overhaul, on top of everything that already needs to be done? The UI, the class system, the open balance, the maps - you are working on all this (hopefully) and you wanna do a complete dueling rework on top of it? How long would that take?

UI is coming along very nicely.
The class system is backend changes which are undergoing testing.
Open balance is pretty good at the moment with a few tweaks to be worked out, but we need to focus on adding new toys really.
Saber system hasnt really started yet. Wont start untill after the next patch is out.

shea conn

Account Suspended
Open balance is pretty good at the moment with a few tweaks to be worked out, but we need to focus on adding new toys really.
Saber system hasnt really started yet. Wont start untill after the next patch is out.
You mean to tell us the saber system isn’t even being worked on at the moment

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
You mean to tell us the saber system isn’t even being worked on at the moment

Correct. It was untill it became clear that something more radical was neccisarry, and that work hasnt begun because of all the other stuff on our plate at the moment. Saber system is livable with the core gameplay at the moment, but it will get the attention it needs once the next patch is out.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You have taken what i said entirly out of context.

I said spending dev time to tweak a flawed system is a waste of resources. Dev time needs to be spent on making a system that is actually fun.
Fun is subjective. Would it really be too much to ask that we could get a better version of this system so we could enjoy it?

Last edited:
I'm personally glad open balance and other valuable things have taken priority over a singular substance such as sabering in a mod which focuses on team orientated battles.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I'm personally glad open balance and other valuable things have taken priority over a singular substance such as sabering in a mod which focuses on team orientated battles.
Open has always been the priority

Once again, lets ask the players what they want. Everyone knows that the current saber patch is bad and a lot of people want to have it updated and fixing its flaws. Now Tempests sabering build fixes these current flaws and makes sabering great again in my opinion, but Defiant doesn't want us to have it because he thinks the system is bad. Defiant wants to redesign dueling to something like he'd find fun but doesn't seem to really be interested in the players opinion. So now i ask you, would you want tempests sabering patch to come out, revert the system or wait for who knows how long to make a redesign of sabering?
View attachment 3869
View attachment 3870
View attachment 3871(apparently making gameplay better is a waste of resources)
just another dumb dev and thats why this game is dying

OPEN IS PRETTY BALANCED??!!!!

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Fun is subjective. Would it really be too much to ask that we could get a better version of this system so we could enjoy it?

You need to stop thinking from your point of view and see it from everyone else's.

Every change that has been made has been done with the aim of making it better. Either by fixing a particular aspect or in a more general way. Things needed fixing and fixing them at best didn't improve the situation. There may be a set of tweaks that make you and 49 other people happy, but it'll make 50 other people think its worse.

There are many things that are objectively and factually bad about the current system. Obscure mechanics, a high barrier of entry and poor in game feedback being the most obvious.

God this really isnt getting anywhere, you fucked us over devs now fix it. It taking years for a fix isnt gonna save our beloved mod! It will probably be dead by then

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Are you telling me that the main mode on mb2 hasnt been the priority? With nearly all devs working on it?

Most recent new features have been for duel mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.