Adjustments to General Gameplay

Discussion in 'Developer Diaries' started by GoodOl'Ben, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Szunti

Szunti

@Tempest I picked soldier without close combat. I held only crouch after I was pushed and he could push me multiple times over. Timing is right after the soldier stands up but before he is in crouching position. I think it's not that hard to time it as the jedi could do it consistently.

2. {Δ} Achilles

{Δ} Achilles Nerd

Were you on stairs, by any chance?

3. Szunti

Szunti

No, on the main corridor on dotf. It's not a one-time thing. I asked players to help check it and they could push me multiple times. I was pushed like 20 times already in a controlled way, so it's not just me complaining about a death.

4. Blazer

Blazer

You know, to be honest, This has really annoyed me.
    I didn't want to speak up on the forums about this but I don't know if it's just me, but the recent patch has really done something to getups.
    I think I may be overexaggerating or wrong, but recently I have been playing soldiers, BH, and hero and everytime I get pushed It seems like they always are able to push me again or even when I'm crouching.

I am 99% it's lag, but in the past month at least 20 times, I've had jedi near me, and I'd crouch and the jedi would push me over within a second of me crouching and it's the most frustrating thing.

5. Onysfx

Onysfx Internal Beta Team

[​IMG]

Blazer likes this.
  6. Blazer

Blazer

nerf jedi, jedi op.
    jedi and sith need 3x damage taken and fp drains need to be 2x. ty devs

7. |CB|Lyrion

|CB|Lyrion Internal Beta Team

lol fawk off pweeze blasters are stronk enough in the right hand really

[​IMG]

8. Manyo

Manyo

And this right after you were on your way to become a well known battlefront player. =(

SK55555555555555555 likes this.
  9. Diddy

Diddy

Instead of punishing for assist TK even more, why not make it a tiny bit harder for TK to actually happen?
    I feel there should be at least some slight damage reduction on friendly fire so your teammates won't hesitate to help knocked down allies in fear of getting even more TK points
    Friendly fire is a great addition to the game, but it is far too easy to kill your teammates, vice versa, especially with blaster fire being so slow and saberists meandering around carelessly.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  10. Szunti

Szunti

I don't like the TK system at all. It doesn't really solve any problem, trolls have still tons of ways to destroy your round, but it adds more:
    1. Often misused and players punish because salty.
    2. It can be used to troll your teammates if you run into their nade/swing/firing line etc.
    3. You give TK points for damage even if you think your teammate did the right thing, at least you can forgive the kill.
    4. The shot that kills is too heavily prioritized. Sometimes it makes sense that 1hp player punish you if you can afford not to shoot. Eg. shooting into a duel (although most saberists never retreat or try to work with gunners, who have the choice to risk shooting into or risk that the duelist die and he has to face the enemy saberist alone). Other times eg. a gunfight you often have to shoot.
    5. Discourages teamwork. The only way to get rid of TK points is to stay away from your team or simply don't support them. Consider jedi who could try to push nade and save teammate, but hesitates because it can damage other teammate.

Onysfx, StarWarsGeek and DaloLorn like this.
  11. MuscBodypillow

MuscBodypillow

Will soldiers ( and elite trooper if I recall) have close combat enabled by default and not as an extra option. I don't how melee combat is a thing that you need to get, as any professional soldier would undergo hand to hand combat training above basic fisting.

Also could dekas be rebalanced? They are too tanky and when rolling they are nearly impossible to hit reliably due to the "bullet" delay. The only proper way to beat them is to have a jedi jump on their head while some other people shoot at the deka or just land a reflex swing as they come around the corner in ball mode. Maybe doing a melee grab could be a counter against dekas, that would keep them strong and be hard to perform but leaves open a vulnerability since they are also immune to force powers except mindtrick( which is a good option if the player is afk or waiting).