Additional saber colors for Jedi and Sith: white, black, other...

How likely is it for sith characters to get additional saber colors? I'm not asking like the iconic blue or green of the jedi, but maybe at least purple.

Darksaber has different proportions, so it wouldn't even make sense for it to work the same way as normal lightsabers in MB2. The day when Darksaber is added should also have an inclusion of Yoda in open, because who the hell cares at that point.

And if you want normal lightsabers with black blade, and your justification for it is the existence of Darksaber (again, a different kind of thing), then all I can do is quote myself again, but I think you get the picture.

There is no such thing as a normal lightsaber with black blade. Won't put it past the devs to still add it though. I mean, they did add Kylo's shitsaber.

Kylo ren sucks, I have no idea why hes popular.
I don't mind his light-saber, but im done with angst teenage characters.

The devs can make black sabers work, if making ID's is possible so is a black colored lightsaber. I bet if they sit down and work on this, they can get black light sabers in. Its just a matter of time and commitment, and they have more important things to work on right now. Maybe after the saber system has reached a harmonious place and doesn't need to be touched anymore.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Sooo can any of the devs clarify on the status of white lightsabers / black colored ones?
Some developers already made their statements:
At the same time, I agree that white sabers aren't good fit for Open. They would be cool for some Full Authentic, though, probably.
White color should be available for devs only through a devhax.
White color should be available for devs only through a devhax.
I agree with this.
@Jorge-Fonseca liked @Supa's post.

As for me, I think that black sabers for sith and white ones for jedi would make sense, but there is a problem:
We already have a lot of dark regions on many maps, as well as black models.
Even though I'm not a racist, don't you think that with black lightsabers there would be just too much black? :)
Black-robed character, holding black-bladed saber in gen on dotf... some kind of Predator's hide and seek, isn't it?

And without black ones, white sabers aren't very good idea.

Even though I'm not a racist, don't you think that with black lightsabers there would be just too much black? :)
Black-robed character, holding black-bladed saber in gen on dotf... some kind of Predator's hide and seek, isn't it?
Pretty much this, adding black and white might cause some clusterfucks. Imagine fighting someone with a black saber in dotf gen, and imagine fighting a jedi with a white saber on kamino. It is doable, but it would cause problems and unfair advantage at times. Adding some more colors or shades might be cool, just make them distinguishable.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
latest