1.4.4 Duels #2

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
While testing a QL mouse accel emulator I did some dueling, as result of that I acquired a few demos so I decided to post this despite the fact that I have little interest in the 1.4.4 system and was just messing about testing the accel and playing with a funky style. Still, this might be the last 1.4.4 dueling video so I hope you enjoy.

Upvote 0

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
You took a lot to introduce me in your videos tho

I haven't really seen you online before that time in the video. Only once or twice on the cultist server in 1.4 ( Ithink) when u were busy circle jerking and chatting and not dueling. I'm all for playing again, we didn't get to duel much but perhaps that is well. Not rly the best system. It still makes my soul scream that attacks drain so much and u can basically defeat yourself. It's a yucky feeling.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I like the Force Focus effect you have. What's the replacement pack you're using?

Reactions: SeV

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Is not cl_mouseAccel enough?
Using extra program that may add some input lag. :s

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
So how's the mouse accel emulator? Perhaps I could use it in UT4.
It worked well for what it did, high customizability. You could definitely use it for UT4 and the like.

Is not cl_mouseAccel enough?
Using extra program that may add some input lag. :s

That program was tested and didn't add input lag. Furthermore the accel curve is customizable and not set. So you can make it more predictable or use it only for flicks but have same low sens for aiming. Lots of options. You can make it a lineal accel curve instead of the usual crappy exponential one. All things considered it's a good option for those who want mouse accel.

For me it was just a test, and I've gone back to normal. Currently just using 800 dpi and 2.5 sens in the game without accel. But it was a good experience and if you're into accel I can recommend the driver.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Oh so it's a driver? If so then there should not be any delay.
And if it's customizable then yeah, it's definitely better.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Oh so it's a driver? If so then there should not be any delay.
And if it's customizable then yeah, it's definitely better.
sev learned about it from my post over here

and i learned about it from a cool player sometimes known as "generic robot antagonist," sometimes seen on Discord as "cat".

I hadn't use mouse accel before and was told that it could be hard to adjust to, but I got used to it within an hour or two. I've done a ton of control/setting tweaking and adjusted to a lot of stuff though. It lets you have really slow, precise aim at long range without sacrificing the ability to move quickly at close range.

Reactions: SeV