I am definitely overwhelmed by reading these commentaries. The next step is implementing an ideological line in every server and preventing people from complaining from developers. Teamkilling is a part of this game, as it is also that relies on Jedi Knight engine. Otherwise remove Teamkilling completely which would make more sense as most teamkilling is done unvoluntarily.

Having a mainstream control of users which expell them little by little will reduce Movie Battles playerbase until there are only self-dick-lickers faggots and NA developer praisers. I have played this mod for years now and I haven't ever been bothered by teamkillers (except for that botter that killed you with perfect aim and VPN auto-replacement) and neither I have been by chatters, because it only needs some matureness to ignore it or use some command to ignore the chat - or even better learning to bare with frustration after having been called off on your skill and dying to them afterwards -.

I don't know what kind of people might you be because real life has more frustrating and harder situations than baring and coping with a troll in mb2. Unless it is an actual cheater makes no sense banning people, the system is already prepared to deal with early round tkers. If spam is a problem, it is only necessary to make a system to prevent flooding or to issue an automatic delay.

Leo

Internal Beta Team
I am definitely overwhelmed by reading these commentaries. The next step is implementing an ideological line in every server and preventing people from complaining from developers. Teamkilling is a part of this game, as it is also that relies on Jedi Knight engine. Otherwise remove Teamkilling completely which would make more sense as most teamkilling is done unvoluntarily.

Having a mainstream control of users which expell them little by little will reduce Movie Battles playerbase until there are only self-dick-lickers faggots and NA developer praisers. I have played this mod for years now and I haven't ever been bothered by teamkillers (except for that botter that killed you with perfect aim and VPN auto-replacement) and neither I have been by chatters, because it only needs some matureness to ignore it or use some command to ignore the chat - or even better learning to bare with frustration after having been called off on your skill and dying to them afterwards -.

I don't know what kind of people might you be because real life has more frustrating and harder situations than baring and coping with a troll in mb2. Unless it is an actual cheater makes no sense banning people, the system is already prepared to deal with early round tkers. If spam is a problem, it is only necessary to make a system to prevent flooding or to issue an automatic delay.
If we talk about chat spam, then such cvar is already in server configs

I dunno how to put this nicely so

quit being so sensitive and crying, it only makes you a bigger target. Ignore and go on with ur life. If you feed the trolls they will grow in power.

If you feel you need more tools than are currently available to you to combat the trolls U R THE PROBLEM.

If the devs started to implement some of these measures us trolls would be forced to retaliate. Indeed, it would mark the beginning of a civil war, the scale of which has never been seen within this community. Personally, I would be forced to make some phone calls to bring back players thought to be long gone. Now, I'm a pretty chill troll but these guys, they're animals. And if the need arises, I will let them out the cage.
So, to the devs I say, go for it. Take the final step. For years we've endured countless dogshit anti-troll updates, and somehow that's not enough for scrimmers. Now they wanna get rid of us for good? Fine, but rest assured we will go down swinging. We will burn this place to the ground if need be. We are Gonk.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If the devs started to implement some of these measures us trolls would be forced to retaliate. Indeed, it would mark the beginning of a civil war, the scale of which has never been seen within this community. Personally, I would be forced to make some phone calls to bring back players thought to be long gone. Now, I'm a pretty chill troll but these guys, they're animals. And if the need arises, I will let them out the cage.
So, to the devs I say, go for it. Take the final step. For years we've endured countless dogshit anti-troll updates, and somehow that's not enough for scrimmers. Now they wanna get rid of us for good? Fine, but rest assured we will go down swinging. We will burn this place to the ground if need be. We are Gonk.
Oh yes, I fought in the meme wars. I was once a troll the same as your father....

Alec-Guinness-as-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-in-Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.jpg

He was killed during his fight with the scrimmers. Aliit and other sweat gangs shot him to the sand, like an animal (He hated sand and he drowns kittens in his freetime).

In any case, I will never stop chasing tryhards like Alpha and Darth Valeria, because that is my humorous style of play, I play this game like an RPG, incorporating my own character from South Park.

What about gogo cocker he is in brazil?
I WILL NEVER STOP BEING A TROLL, A TRUE PLAYER HAS FUN IN THEIR WAY IN A GAME, IF THEY WANT TO START A WAR, I DECLARE THE GREAT WAR OF DIRTY ASS TRYHARDERS AGAINST CHAD 100% MALE TROLLS, I WILL INHERIT THE WILL OF MY MASTERS AND FROM GONK! (PAPA JOHN, GONK, KEKFU AND CATMAN, JAKTAN)

trolls that get fixated tking one person get bored sooner or later. there's only one person in the entire history of this dogwater mod that's tked another player for months on end relentlessly and consistently, and that's me. but i'm the best troll in all mb2, so don't expect this level of excellency from plebs like gogo. at any rate, i'm pretty sure he lives in the brazilian favela and his computer got stolen by a pack of monkeys.

If I can express my humble opinion, I think incorporating any of the punitive/preventive measures proposed in this thread would inevitably kill the playerbase. I know I'm going to expose myself a bit to judgement by saying this, but a fault I address to the dev team and some of the "inner circle" of MBII players is that they seem detached from the real dynamics of the community, and the playerbase, maybe because they don't play too often, or maybe because they don't attend the majority of players and tend instead to create an echo chamber amongst their more similar peers, I don't know. But what is evident, to me at least, is that they often fail to catch the general feeling of what the community wants from this game, to favor, instead, the cries of very few complaining players that confirm their pre-existent bias. This thread to me is one such case.

I have been on both sides of the fence, being a troll for a long time on this game, to the point that some dudes wanted to have me banned from the entire launcher, and then at the same time I have been the one harassed, multiple times, to the point that I had even left the game for a while. I don't want to imply that my subjective experience has to be given any more credit than anybody else's, but personally what I did to end this toxic cycle, and I feel to give as an advice, was mature a bit IRL. And like me, I know many long time players that share a similar experience, and have been both the harassers and the harassed.
While there are some individuals that only devote themselves to the honorable activity of trolling, there are many others, the majority of the community in my opinion, who lie in the middle, that, while abiding to online social norms and etiquette most of the time, will always have some "funny" moments, because that is just human. More specifically in the case of a game like Moviebattles II, whose community is built around the self-consciousness of playing an outdated game which thrives at the outer rim, at the outskirts, of the internet, with all the meta-irony that comes with that, a little bit of trolling is a core part of its environment, and I feel that such reactionary way of dealing with it in order to erase this behavior is like wanting to delete part of the underground culture that makes this very game. I'm not suggesting everybody to just learn to cope with it and endure ad-infinitum, but I know for a fact that powerful punishing tools, in the hands of the wrong people, may cause a hemorragy of playerbase in a game that already struggles in that field. At some point only self-righteous tryhards with their head stuck up their asses and bootlickers will remain, and that in my opinion is something to be feared and loathed far more than some immature kid the teamkill system and the /ignore command take care of in most of the cases.

I wish everyone a good day

Last edited:
If I can express my humble opinion, I think incorporating any of the punitive/preventive measures proposed in this thread would inevitably kill the playerbase. I know I'm going to expose myself a bit to judgement by saying this, but a fault I address to the dev team and some of the "inner circle" of MBII players is that they seem detached from the real dynamics of the community, and the playerbase, maybe because they don't play too often, or maybe because they don't attend the majority of players and tend instead to create an echo chamber amongst their more similar peers, I don't know. But what is evident, to me at least, is that they often fail to catch the general feeling of what the community wants from this game, to favor, instead, the cries of very few complaining players that confirm their pre-existent bias. This thread to me is one such case.

I have been on both sides of the fence, being a troll for a long time on this game, to the point that some dudes wanted to have me banned from the entire launcher, and then at the same time I have been the one harassed, multiple times, to the point that I had even left the game for a while. I don't want to imply that my subjective experience has to be given any more credit than anybody else's, but personally what I did to end this toxic cycle, and I feel to give as an advice, was mature a bit IRL. And like me, I know many long time players that share a similar experience, and have been both the harassers and the harassed.
While there are some individuals that only devote themselves to the honorable activity of trolling, there are many others, the majority of the community in my opinion, who lie in the middle, that, while abiding to online social norms and etiquette most of the time, will always have some "funny" moments, because that is just human. More specifically in the case of a game like Moviebattles II, whose community is built around the self-consciousness of playing an outdated game which thrives at the outer rim, at the outskirts, of the internet, with all the meta-irony that comes with that, a little bit of trolling is a core part of its environment, and I feel that such reactionary way of dealing with it in order to erase this behavior is like wanting to delete part of the underground culture that makes this very game. I'm not suggesting everybody to just learn to cope with it and endure ad-infinitum, but I know for a fact that powerful punishing tools, in the hands of the wrong people, may cause a hemorragy of playerbase in a game that already struggles in that field. At some point only self-righteous tryhards with their head stuck up their asses and bootlickers will remain, and that in my opinion is something to be feared and loathed far more than some immature kid the teamkill system and the /ignore command take care of in most of the cases.

I wish everyone a good day
While I agree with most of this, I do think both sides live in their own echochambers seeing as barely any people really play this game, let's be honest.
Call me a tryhard or whatever, but with the time I have I prefer to play the game in a particular way, and that does not include being teamkilled or troll for fun, much like others spend their limited time playing how they like, be it team killing and trolling. Each to their own.
I'm a firm believer in people not being such sensitive babies, and I don't actually think any of the more sever punishments are needed.
Just take your tempban or whatever, or don't go where people will troll you. Ultimate solution is just alias...
All in all a very well put and balanced take, Pokrew. 💪