Fix Yaws

wait, you're telling me you don't enjoy 12,000 dpi players that look like beyblades

clearly you don't own an air fryer

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
wait, you're telling me you don't enjoy 12,000 dpi players that look like beyblades

Spinning is not an issue if you just learn to handle it.

First thing to consider is that if someone goes full spintard, they will use one of four PB zones (not W and the others overlap) You pre-aim one of them and get a 25% chance to PB on each of their hits in a 4 hit combo. Secondly, since they are comboing, their attacks do less BP damage. What they can do in a whole spin combo can be undone by a single swing and your BP regen, if you add the 25% chance or more to PB with pre-aim and prediction, the opponent is not likely to really gain anything from going full spintard, especially if you consider that they will be disoriented after the full spintard mode and is not likely to have returned their aim to a PB zone by the time you can counter-attack. There is also slap to consider, as they likely will not be able to properly sb after the second hit.

If we're talking yawed singles and more controlled swings in general, there are other things to consider. First of all, fast aim and slow aim. Fast aim is simply aiming so that your blade hits at the earliest opportune moment, valid. Second, slow aim where you start a swing then 'drag' it in the opposite direction to delay it, messes with counter-timing and is a very good and skilful technique. Those two are both legit, valid things that add skill and flavor to the game. I'd love if mouse aim were actually more relevant, say, if the blade actually did damage reduction, so that you would have to get an actual bodyhit by attacking around the LS blade to get full damage. That way, blade position and swing aim would play a larger role instead of the tip of the lightsaber being considered a bodyhit, which I find absurd and disgusting.

Anyway, what about yaw to obscure single hits? Well, to be frank, the way 90% of ppl in this game 'yaw' is actually wrong, and just telegraphs their attack, making it easier to PB them. The few ppl who yaw correctly will have good attacks even if they don't yaw, and they likely only yaw at distance. If they are close, there is hardly a point to yawing, only really on first hits. Basically, if someone yaws singles at you, you can counter them with a 2 hit combo (or more) and it's no big deal.

TLDR: I don't find any yaws troublesome. Pre-aim PB zones, don't get interrupted, and counter appropriately to easily overcome it. Often, yawing opponents are way easier to deal with than ppl who use steady aim and tricky swing directions that don't telegraph their attacks at all.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
TLDR: I don't find any yaws troublesome. Pre-aim PB zones, don't get interrupted, and counter appropriately to easily overcome it. Often, yawing opponents are way easier to deal with than ppl who use steady aim and tricky swing directions that don't telegraph their attacks at all.
Easier said than done against players like Karus. Especially with the fucked countering system, you'll get interrupted so easily. If i don't yaw fast, his 10000 dpi swings will connect faster than mine, so basically im forced to use very fast yaws too

Reactions: Leo

Eazy E

Banned
Easier said than done against players like Karus. Especially with the fucked countering system, you'll get interrupted so easily. If i don't yaw fast, his 10000 dpi swings will connect faster than mine, so basically im forced to use very fast yaws too
AFAIK if two swings start at the same time with the same style they will always parry even if 1 person yaws and the other doesn't. Yawing does not speed up the wind-up speed of the swing, which is the phase in which you can get interrupted.

Once again, it's a skill issue.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
AFAIK if two swings start at the same time with the same style they will always parry even if 1 person yaws and the other doesn't. Yawing does not speed up the wind-up speed of the swing, which is the phase in which you can get interrupted.

Once again, it's a skill issue.
Could be, it 100% happens when the opponent counters though, because its instant

I know this game is not beginner friendly at all but, this yawwing tecnique is the boss bitch of the dueling. Like at least can you guys update the library with these game abusing things? Or does the ones who code the dueling, even yaw? Was it intented to be in the game? We abuse it to win duels and it is what bothers me. And SeV is like the god of mb2, you can do everything and adapt to every situation what-so-ever. But it is only you and like 10 or 20 people in the whole game.... at the end i think i just don't like seeing good ones abuse the yaw to kill everyone in their way.

Is karus in EU because I literally clowned Entire Sentinel duel server on shrooms and he was one of them + my high ping

Karus

Donator
Is karus in EU because I literally clowned Entire Sentinel duel server on shrooms and he was one of them + my high ping
BaczeK the Dismisser.PNG

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
On a serious note, just accept that nobody cares about you losing except you. It sounds like you are more frustrated about losing, than the mechanics themselves.

?
Just because the guy is fast, doesn't mean he is on high DPI, nor does a slow guy play on low DPI.
I don't think a single top player from any region uses a DPI above 800 anyway and I'd be shocked if they did.
Personally, I use 400.
Just shit braindead players honestly.
"I do not like the fact I must move my mouse quickly."
Are you fucking kidding me or what?
So fucking funny.
What's more most of these guys already know this stuff because they've been told multiple times, but deliberately choose to believe in delirious ideas instead to help their ego's recover from the bruising they've been receiving for the past God knows how long.
I get the DPI thing though, you don't want to accept somebody is actually moving that quickly so it's a sensitivity/DPI excuse.
But that don't work g. Anyone can use both of those things and I've yet to see more than a handful of guys that actually understand how dueling really works.
So a high DPI is not going to do anything for you except make you get sided and miss PB's if/until your muscle memory adapts to it.
This is literally common sense.

Last edited:

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
On a serious note, just accept that nobody cares about you losing except you. It sounds like you are more frustrated about losing, than the mechanics themselves.

?
Just because the guy is fast, doesn't mean he is on high DPI, nor does a slow guy play on low DPI.
I don't think a single top player from any region uses a DPI above 800 anyway and I'd be shocked if they did.
Personally, I use 400.
So fucking funny.
What's more most of these guys already know this stuff because they've been told multiple times, but deliberately choose to believe in delirious ideas instead to help their ego's recover from the bruising they've been receiving for the past God knows how long.
I get the DPI thing though, you don't want to accept somebody is actually moving that quickly so it's a sensitivity/DPI excuse.
But that don't work g. Anyone can use both of those things and I've yet to see more than a handful of guys that actually understand how dueling really works.
So a high DPI is not going to do anything for you except make you get sided and miss PB's if/until your muscle memory adapts to it.
Mega fast yawers is a problem but its just the symptom of the shitty system, hopefully next patch it won't be the meta and it wont be as strong

?
Personally, I use 400.
So fucking funny.
I play high dpi and was clearly making a joke

🤡

Eazy E

Banned
Mega fast yawers is a problem but its just the symptom of the shitty system, hopefully next patch it won't be the meta and it wont be as strong
I don't see this being possible. "Yawing" technically has nothing to do with how fast you can slide your mouse left and right. It's just about positioning yourself so that your swing connects as fast as it possibly can with the opponent. E.g. if you stand facing 90 degrees clockwise and do a D swing on your opponent it'll connect faster than if you were facing them directly, Eventhough you didn't have to slide your mouse once the attack started.

There's some pretty interesting combinations between direction and yawing that can be exploited. E.g. loading up a half-swing and then turning 180 degrees (facing away from your opponent) and doing a yellow W/S swing. It connects near instantly (unless you miss, which can happen if you're too far away). However, these can be predicted with enough skill and practice.

All in all the only way to lessen the effects of such a thing would be to increase wind-up times, which would make halfswings and interrupting even more powerful than they already are. Yawing with half-swings would also not be effected due to the lack of windup.