Fixed Mandalorian Westars

redsaurus

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Valk: "just upload that entire demo or all of them if they dont get whats going on in the demo then theres no hope"

demos attached to this post
probably just my eyesight (admittedlynot had an appointment lately) but can't see any demos?

bizarre that you expect people to spend hours fixing issues but can't spend 5 minutes carefully explaining how to reproduce

probably just my eyesight (admittedlynot had an appointment lately) but can't see any demos?
Was waiting for it to convert to a supported file type

bizarre that you expect people to spend hours fixing issues but can't spend 5 minutes carefully explaining how to reproduce
I expect incompetence. I'm merely a messenger posting this bug on someone else's behalf, just giving you the information I'm provided with. I can't reproduce something I don't understand myself

redsaurus

Ok, sorry, was worried my problems had spread from not being able to understand 300x200px videos.

they can post here themselves or you can copy and paste their instructions if they can’t

"i literally cant explain it to them either
i mean about the bug itself
demos show it all and what u see is all there is
i have no words for it lol
i aim at enemy
i release button
it shoots backwards
or side wards if ur close
though technically they can go sidewards from long range too i guess"

take from that what you will. I'll highlight the obvious: "They aim at an enemy, they release shoot button, gun shoots backwards or sidewards if you're close" (as you can see in the video)

redsaurus

does that happen every time they’d shoot any enemy (clearly not), or are there particular things that seem to guarantee it happening? Like is it:

1. spawn saber training npc(?) in that bit of dotf
2. Charge pistols
3. Aim above NPC head then at head
4. Shoot pistols
5. Always get bug

or is it completely random and happens only some of the time

1. spawn saber training npc(?) in that bit of dotf
2. Charge pistols
3. Aim above NPC head then at head
4. Shoot pistols
5. Always get bug

or is it completely random and happens only some of the time
" 1. no, obviously it would be faster to get someone to stand still for me for 20 minutes while shooting at them
1B. location does not matter, this happened at smuggler too with players from longer range. i merely used this location because it was a spot where the bug happened before. it may be that doors increase the chance of this bug happening
2. no
3. if thats what u see on the demo then yes. im very sure it could happen anywhere though
4. no, really? i thought this was all about the pistols bugging out?
5. did u even watch the demos? "

They've provided me with more demos too, attached to post

Attachments

• dual_pistol_bug_demos2.pk3
    602.7 KB · Views: 170

redsaurus

ok, thanks for reminding me why I retired. why aren't they posting themselves?

Haven't looked at the demos yet because I haven't had a chance to.

I've stopped working on mb2, but didn't want convergent pistols to have major issues, so responded to this thread and attempted to reproduce without success after seeing the tiny videos yesterday. If there's a way to guarantee it happening (even if it's not all the ways!) then it will be much quicker to reproduce and start fixing than having to watch 10 demos and guess at which bits might be relevant. If there's not a clear set of steps to reproduce that's fine too, but slows things down.

Is the aim here to actually get it fixed, or just to be able to say that MB2 is buggy and the devs are stupid, because that last response is pushing me away from the first option.

Last edited:
" 1. no, obviously it would be faster to get someone to stand still for me for 20 minutes while shooting at them
1B. location does not matter, this happened at smuggler too with players from longer range. i merely used this location because it was a spot where the bug happened before. it may be that doors increase the chance of this bug happening
2. no
3. if thats what u see on the demo then yes. im very sure it could happen anywhere though
4. no, really? i thought this was all about the pistols bugging out?
5. did u even watch the demos? "

They've provided me with more demos too, attached to post
he didnt want a response to his example, it was an example so you could see what he wanted