Fixed Mandalorian Westars

Normal Westar charged shot (centres at the crosshair): here

"bugged" Westar charged shot (flies off to Mars???): here

Not sure what exactly causes this, have tried replicating it to no avail (I wonder if it happens to ARCs too? I have had encounters in the past where this happens with Dekas usually when trying to shoot enemies at facehug range). I can see it being a really annoying bug during firefights when you're trying to land charged HS' but instead the bolts go... Out to the side??? Credit to Valk for reporting this as they were the first to bring this up and apparently has had multiple encounters.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Pretty obvious from the video it's converging on the commander that crosses in front when the shots are released. The name is highlighted but the crosshair does not move, so it's some kind of mismatch between static/dynamic crosshair. I don't know the details of the implementation but it seems like the easiest solution would just be to force dynamic crosshair, so it shows up where it's actually converging. Then it would be obvious and instances like this wouldn't feel like a bug.

1624553310490.png

Fluffy rekt?
Anyway yes it's pretty clear that the pistols converged on the teammate in front of you just as you released the shots. Everything working as intended me thinks!

Convergence is literally what allows them to hit the same spot. Please educate yourself first, mr. Ronin!

Victin Halcyon

Donator
Please don't force dynamic crosshair! But it is nifty to know that the convergence is dynamic to what you're aiming at.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I don't know. It looks like you're reporting a new bug (can barely tell with how small the videos are though). Your complaint about not being able to disable convergence was misleading when it's trivial to play without it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

The problem is you need more than just a description of what is happening and a small res video. Higher res videos help see what is happening more clearly. Like the other day a bug video was posted, but I had to blow it up and slow it down to see what was actually happening. What happened when it was blown up and slowed down was conflicting with what the poster originally posted.

I'm not saying what you're saying happened is inaccurate, but its really hard for us to see everything with videos that tiny.

but its really hard for us to see everything with videos that tiny.
You can clearly see that in one clip, the westars bolts aren't passing through the door nor doing any damage. In the other, you can clearly see no obstruction and the bolt shooting backwards rather than forwards. It's literally right there in your face
1624733740028.png

I can't make it any clearer than that...

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I can't make it any clearer than that.
Yes that one is decently clear enough, I don't know what exactly happened there because shots from westers should not be originating from camera, and the camera shouldn't have clipped into the patch mesh at all at that point. However, in the first video I can't see shit. Theres this weird flash on the side of your screen that I can't tell exactly what it is, I can't tell if the shots are actually disappearing or if its a compression artifact, etc.

redsaurus

It's the kind of thing where it'll be easier for someone to fix if you have clear steps to make it happen reliably.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
last one I'm fucking around with. Book an eye appointment
Dude stop being a cunt, if we ask for higher resolution footage, just give it rather than assuming we are blind. We are trying to see if there is something else in the footage that would tell us what the fuck is going on and help us diagnose the fucking problem. Douche.

Now, as for what is going on in that. I'm still really confused about the flashes at the side of the screen. They don't look like muzzle flashes. It might be the impact flash, which might mean its doing the same thing as the other clip but I am not sure what it is colliding with?

Last edited:

redsaurus

Maybe it's the actual shot glows going out sideways?

If Valk has managed to find a way to reproduce the issue + any relevant cvar settings then that's the kind of thing that makes it easier to fix issues, and they should probably post it directly rather than having you drop 1 pixel videos without full context. Can they set up the issue shown in the video consistently by trying to shoot NPCs? Videos aren't always going to give all the information needed to reproduce + fix a bug.

If Valk has managed to find a way to reproduce the issue + any relevant cvar settings then that's the kind of thing that makes it easier to fix issues, and they should probably post it directly rather than having you drop 1 pixel videos without full context. Can they set up the issue shown in the video consistently by trying to shoot NPCs? Videos aren't always going to give all the information needed to reproduce + fix a bug.

Valk: "just upload that entire demo or all of them if they dont get whats going on in the demo then theres no hope"

demos attached to this post

Attachments

• dual_pistol_bug_demos.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 202