Suggestion about wookies immunity to the Force.

I suggest a compromise,i understand that if wook becomes vulnerable to telekinesis - that will be disbalance again,but now from forcewielder side.
So would be very good improvement to make wook vulnerable only to grip 3,because it really takes time to grip someone,so it shouldn't be as OP towards the wookie as push/pull,superpush and repulse.And those who adore to play forceuser without saber(There are such players) could have at least something to counter strength 3 wookie.Also would be fair to make wook vulnerable to grip superpush.

Last edited:

Eazy E

Banned
I dunno Eric, I think 5 seconds is way too short. A lot of combat happens in corridors where both sides are on extreme opposite ends.

What do you think about 10 seconds?
Sounds fair, I was thinking having it sorta like how most FWs use Repulse. For sneak attacks, hiding around corners and then going rage mode when someone runs past you. However 10 seconds sounds fine too it would give it more use, such as being able to blitz down DotF main and beat the life out of those pesky snipers, yet not have enough time to run to safety afterwards like you do now.

I dunno Eric, I think 5 seconds is way too short. A lot of combat happens in corridors where both sides are on extreme opposite ends.

What do you think about 10 seconds?
Why not keep the fun aspects of wookie, and make other classes counters stronger? seeing as doing all these small tweaks all the time will just make the game more and more boring. with the developers logic on balance we might aswell not give choices on class customization.

D

Deleted member 8187

So many retards in this thread I don't know where to begin.

Forcewhore is a very situational playstyle and is not meant to be able to fight on fair and even ground against other classes/playstyles. It dominates against certain groups (Solds), gets wiped by some (SBDs and Wooks) and is somewhat balanced against others (Saberists, Heroes/BHs) although the odds are usually more against the FWs as it lacks many defensive capabilities (no saber defence to block/deflect).

People complaining that they can't "Crouch and Slash" and destroy wook players with ease are also inexperienced newfags who have 0 understanding of mechanics. Crouch and Slash was NEVER a counter to melee wook, it was just a quick way to counter BAD wook players, even before the barge stagger was introduced fighting an experienced melee wook was not easy. They would wait for you to expend your combo swings and hit you in the small cooldown period between combos, they would make sure you were forced into crouching and thus not able to chase and use their pistol if they could not hit you with melee hits to bait you into charging.

The barge stagger is a mixed bag, some people think it makes playing melee wook too easy but honestly if your response to barges is to crouch you deserve to die. The barge forces the wook to run in a straight line and wooks don't exactly move at a very fast pace (they aren't rolling dekas) the trick to countering wook barges is just to literally move out of the way (The wook cannot change direction mid-barge) and slash them in the back. If you aren't fast enough to stop crouching and move two steps to the left/right to dodge a barge then you need to get more experience, it is by no means impossible.

Rage does build up too fast though, it should either build up slower or build up super fast but only last like 5 seconds.

^Literally this, thank you.

even before the barge stagger was introduced fighting an experienced melee wook was not easy.
Literally this. What was the point then.

and dodging may be the optimal play but barges hitbox is the size of the entire corridor on deathstar. So unless you play only on dotf24honlyserver it may be not as easy as you are portraying it. The speed part is also bs cuz it hits almost instantly if you're somewhat nearby the wookie

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Why not keep the fun aspects of wookie, and make other classes counters stronger? seeing as doing all these small tweaks all the time will just make the game more and more boring. with the developers logic on balance we might aswell not give choices on class customization.
Stop

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I forgot to add, a few patches ago (maybe a year ago) Wookies were given a free pistol to have so image you're a solider, sith , force whore sith trying to run from a melee wookie and he says "Nah" and pulls out a pistol that does 15 per shot or 40ish per headshot.
What the hell. Wookiee, like other humanoid gunners, has had a basic pistol 1 by default since forever. Where do people get this misinformation?