Suggestion about wookies immunity to the Force.

I suggest a compromise,i understand that if wook becomes vulnerable to telekinesis - that will be disbalance again,but now from forcewielder side.
So would be very good improvement to make wook vulnerable only to grip 3,because it really takes time to grip someone,so it shouldn't be as OP towards the wookie as push/pull,superpush and repulse.And those who adore to play forceuser without saber(There are such players) could have at least something to counter strength 3 wookie.Also would be fair to make wook vulnerable to grip superpush.

Last edited:
if I invest all of my points into a force build, I want my force powers to be at least somewhat effective vs enemies instead of seeing a wookiee and knowing I can't do shit

maybe grip working is a bit much but repulse should definitely be effective imo since it's relatively easy to counter

If I invest points in strength 3 as a caster wook I want to have the force immunity and not be gripped or thrown around like any other gunner

*edit*

maybe a possible solution to this is seperating out strength and force resistance into two seperate abilities?

Last edited:
If I invest points in strength 3 as a caster wook I want to have the force immunity and not be gripped or thrown around like any other gunner

*edit*

maybe a possible solution to this is seperating out strength and force resistance into two seperate abilities?
That's a great idea.

Ah but don't you dare touch wooks with your feeble heroin induced forcewhore hands.

You forgot how strong lightning is against other gunners? Wook is supposed to be strong against forcewhores by design, to keep their bullshit at bay. So stop crying and get used to it. Or, rather, you can try teamwork with other classess.

Ah but don't you dare touch wooks with your feeble heroin induced forcewhore hands.

You forgot how strong lightning is against other gunners? Wook is supposed to be strong against forcewhores by design, to keep their bullshit at bay. So stop crying and get used to it. Or, rather, you can try teamwork with other classess.
You just defend your favorite class and don't want it to be less OP.
Strong against gunners? Have you seen forceusers K/D? They are usually on the bottom of the score table along with low or average skilled players.Even their assist score can't push them higher.

It's like complaining that cortosis sbd is strong against saberists. Well, duh, that's kinda the point, exactly the same kind of situation here.

And honestly, dunno about your claim that forcewhores have low K/D. You mean those guys who put all the points in the force and then run around corners trying to be all that repulsive? Yeah. But you know you can actually have both decent lightsaber and lightning?

It's like complaining that cortosis sbd is strong against saberists. Well, duh, that's kinda the point, exactly the same kind of situation here.

And honestly, dunno about your claim that forcewhores have low K/D. You mean those guys who put all the points in the force and then run around corners trying to be all that repulsive? Yeah. But you know you can actually have both decent lightsaber and lightning?
That's not forceuser build already,it's a hybrid.We talk about clear forceuser build without saber.
And no,your comparison is wrong,cortosis SBD still can be killed with saber and it's not really that difficult compare to the Force and wookies,because wookies are invulnerable to it(except lightning that does absurdly weak damage to them,that they can kill forceuser 10 times until lightning will do the job),when SBD can be killed with 3-5 saber hits,depends of the saber style.

D

Deleted member 8187

Actually (as a wookie user) everything is fine as it is. It's not insta kill for every class, even with str3 if you are fast(as sith) and full hp you still can manage to get up after barge. There's plenty of ways how to insta kill wookie aka ruptor headshot, TD, 1 red swing (even with 400hp which is kinda disappointing btw). With lightning 3 and "social distance" maybe you won't insta kill wookie, but surely you can do some damage.

It's like choosing soldier as reb and going against deka, then complaining deka is too op and should be nerfed.

Mostly games are rock-paper-scissors minded, this is what makes them such fun.

Life's brutal. Just don't go out straight at wook or learn how to handle it.

Actually (as a wookie user) everything is fine as it is. It's not insta kill for every class, even with str3 if you are fast(as sith) and full hp you still can manage to get up after barge.
I'm pretty sure if a melee wook with S3 knocks you down and starts punching there's 95% chance of dying, If you do somehow live, you will have less than 30% HP. If you crouch and swing at a wook as they barge they can still throw a few punches at you and drop you to something around 50% which is ok i guess you can kill a wook without taking damage if they miss their barge.

There's plenty of ways how to insta kill wookie aka ruptor headshot, TD, 1 red swing (even with 400hp which is kinda disappointing btw).
Depending on what map you play soldiers are at a huge disadvantage if its a cramped map or small in certain areas because they will not be able to kill a wook on their own or as a small group unless its a bow caster wook with bad aim but this is about force powers on a wook lol. And yeah Red CAN 1 shot a wook but there's kind of 2 problems with that. Red swings really slow and anyone who knows what red looks like can dodge the swing and then barge the sith down and kill them. another way around red is if the Wook is using rage they can take 2 swings from red and that could be a problem for sith, best to use yellow and land 3 quick swings then using red.

Anyways about wooks being able to be effected by force powers. I do believe no class should be fully immune to force powers, its just not fair for jedi/sith. I can understand spending points to Better protect yourselves from force powers but it shouldn't make you immune. SBD can be knocked down/ pushed by wooks and jedi if low on power but they can be immune to mindtrick if they put points into it. Dekas so far are fully immune to force powers (from what I belive) and I think they should be able to be effected by them if they are rolling or dont have their shields up.

Wooks being almost fully immune to force powers if they have S3 is just Silly, if you throw someone at a wook with s3 they fall over but a push 3 or force repulse doesn't? Its also weird that they dont get stunned while being electrocuted by lighting or by those ion nades that clones use (but i could be wrong about the lighting part)

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Dedicated non-saber force builds haven't ever been meant to be balanced or on par with anything in particular. However, some things do need adjustment (particularly how things interact with Repulse). In the future, I want to see what can be done as far as having there be focus on saber setups and force setups and having actual differentiation instead of one just being a meme 4fun thing.

playing mage is unique and fun, but when a wookiee shows up the fun's over, literally nothing I can do against it, and the counter argument of 'rock paper scissors' isn't good because imo there should be no HARD counters, there should always be at least some opportunity for outplay imo. I wish there were added bonuses for pure force sith/jedi (with no saber, saber defence 0, push/pull/jump 3) such as increased force pool, faster force regeneration, or access to other new special force abilities to fulfil a support role (e.g. battle meditation ideas in a different thread)

on topic though, even on a normal jedi/sith saber build, a wookiee is annoying and frustrating to fight, getting staggered through crouches or yeeted any other time then 3-punched is an unfun interaction and it doesn't feel satisfying to kill or be killed by a wookiee, and that's why I suggest that wookies get changed to focus on their very interesting bowcaster (bounce, scattershot, charge shot, sniper shot, etc) and other lore options e.g. vibroblade, ryyk blades, etc.

playing mage is unique and fun, but when a wookiee shows up the fun's over, literally nothing I can do against it, and the counter argument of 'rock paper scissors' isn't good because imo there should be no HARD counters, there should always be at least some opportunity for outplay imo. I wish there were added bonuses for pure force sith/jedi (with no saber, saber defence 0, push/pull/jump 3) such as increased force pool, faster force regeneration, or access to other new special force abilities to fulfil a support role (e.g. battle meditation ideas in a different thread)

on topic though, even on a normal jedi/sith saber build, a wookiee is annoying and frustrating to fight, getting staggered through crouches or yeeted any other time then 3-punched is an unfun interaction and it doesn't feel satisfying to kill or be killed by a wookiee, and that's why I suggest that wookies get changed to focus on their very interesting bowcaster (bounce, scattershot, charge shot, sniper shot, etc) and other lore options e.g. vibroblade, ryyk blades, etc.

u just gotta switch to jedi forcewhore like i do cuz u cannot win against wook, but mindtrick works against SBD and dekas

Ok, how about that

He crouched, which used to be a valid counterplay. He attempted to 4-hit the wook but first 2 swings were eaten by the barge. In fact it would probably be better for him if he didn't crouch, wook would launch him away, he'd be able to do a quick get-up and survive.
My point is that sith timed everything perfectly, there was literally nothing else he could do to kill the wook and the only counterplay they used to have is more than pointless now. I'm just a silly gunner main so maybe I'm missing something, but what can you do in situation like this other than just running away and hope that he won't catch you until his fury runs off?

I would be ok with barge stagger if their force resistance was nerfed a bit. Push/pull definitely shouldn't knock them down like some ppl suggested here imo, that would be 2 much. But it could have a similar effect as it has on sbds, slightly moving them away to give you some room to breathe. It would giveimps more options to deal with charging wook instead of just panicking when they see one, and could make melee wook vs sith duels actually interesting and interactive.

everything you need to know about current state of melee wook:
it's basically a 0 skill build on this class, you kill a soldier that has basically no way of killing you and it gives you the ability to kill 5 imps by activating rage. It was already frustrating before the barge stagger was added but i guess there was some forum thread from a newbie that cried about red being op vs wooks. Now even if you do everything correctly you're gonna leave with low HP (or die, even when the wook doesn't use rage) just because the wook pressed 1 of his 2 "win buttons".
As for bowcaster wook, i played it quite a bit past few days and the FP drains seem a bit too high but at least it struggles a lot vs snipers and any gunner with good aim since it's so slow and big.