So lets talk about player retention in this mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silence, Mace of Crusher McManMad-dun-duness!

You, are the face, of Time!

It is you who have crushed the dreams of the RP community. It is *you* and *you* alone, the man who maps and level designs, that hard-coded time limits into this game!

You. Have. Failed. This. Mod.

Lololol. What a bunch of twits. Is this what the forums have devolved to? Bunch of know-nothings trashing the guy whose consistently contributed, I'd argue, the most in the post half-life of this entire mod?

One of the reasons I played this game for as long as I did and still dip my toe and haunt these forums other than my own impish amusement, is because Mace created maps that kept my interest in this game alive even as the gameplay tured to shit.

Respect Mace you worms.

You say he's great, but has he travelled back in time and stopped himself from reporting the code error?

Has he gathered the 7 Dragonballs and wished RP back to life?

Has he single handedly revived the mod and made it more popular than Battlefront 2 yet?

If the answer is no, then perhaps you overestimate how far he's really willing to go for us...

Can you all please stop joking and derailing this thread? GTA5 has sold over 80 million copies... We can't even get half of that player number in a free mod (as proven by MB2 Server Statistics). This can only be because of lazy and incompetent devs. There is literally no other reason.

i can';tt believe u ppl, cant u see that we need to band together to kill the mod already????!!!!!

we and the other ppl on this forum we live in this society weve made outselves we need to stick together so someone make a poll for the privatization of servers pls i mean come on ppl we live in a society

P.S - mace moar liek bad rekt

I do hope that you don't hold the active team accountable as I'd wager the people behind the change are not active. It's been well over 12 years since that change was made.

I'm not putting an accusation order against anyone, it's not like whatever I say should truly affect any of you. :p
I hope I made clear throughout all my posts that I'm overall very supportive of the dev team and that I'll always be grateful to both its present and past members for bringing this wonderful mod together.

Post about the actual history of the whole thing

Thanks for putting this post together, this must not be the first post you've written about this ordeal. Sorry, memory got hazy and I didn't clearly remember how the thing went down at the time.
It makes perfect sense that you'd want to revert what basically was an unintended mistake.

It still doesn't mean that the dev team at the time shouldn't have grasped that unexpected opportunity in order to allow RPers to develop their little group (which might have only grown, contrary to what you hinted..) within MB2 - as the single demand was lifting the time restriction on the FA mode. I fully understand you (not you specifically, anyone who had a say in the decision, the procedures which prompted you to never look back at this possibility,..) wanted to repair what was an oversight, but damn it's such a shame that you weren't willing to show a little flexibility in order to make a niche groupe (but we're already a niche, aren't we) happy with their own thing.

How about, instead of making demands or dictating how others should respond - you learn to code.

What a ground-breaking argument ! :rolleyes:

--

I don't give a damn about RP myself, but you aren't going to make me swallow that simply considering lifting a simple timelimit off in order to accommodate a little group was the end of the world and immediately meant that you would need to destroy your entire game design philosophy.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for Mace's work, I haven't seen a single map developed in the Q3A engine even remotely close to his level. His dedication to the mod is obvious and commendable.
That doesn't mean we can't challenge the reasoning behind not leaving some kind of freedom in regards with something as trivial as a timelimit - even though it was a mistake to begin with, which seems to be the sole real argument in disfavour of leaving RPers this little freedom.

Aside from Ben, Stassin and Tempest, Mace is also pretty much the only guy who still takes the time to interact with us, hence why he unjustly get so much flak from it. His role is far from being easy to have and I don't want to sound like an ingrate twat, but it doesn't equal to agreeing with any and everything he might say.

Last edited:
What a ground-breaking argument ! :rolleyes:

I agree with this sarcastic remark. It's disingenuous from Chaos - the master of cynical one-liner shitposts - to passive-aggressively question the effort people put into their contributions.

It takes a tremendous amount of work to create posts which incorporate a sincere shitposting intention into a reasonably sounding wall of text:

1. Keeping an up-to-date, organized archive of everything an opposing forum member has ever done or written to ensure you're always one step ahead.

2. Constantly search dictionaries for words no one has ever used or even heard of to prove your superior intellectual capacity. For example: disingenuous, conclusion or incorporate.

3. Always be in touch with the latest internet slang insults to be able to establish your dominance at any moment and never get caught off guard yourself - only reading 4chan isn't sufficient anymore due to a severe lack of diversity lately.

4. Have sentences prepared that are universally agreeable and end with them for likes from lazy readers - making your post (and yourself) more powerful, even if the whole thing is completely useless, out of context, and quite frankly shit of the bull.

In conclusion people need to be less judgemental and smug, while beeing more sincere and respectful.

I agree with this sarcastic remark. It's disingenuous from Chaos - the master of cynical one-liner shitposts - to passive-aggressively question the effort people put into their contributions.

It takes a tremendous amount of work to create posts which incorporate a sincere shitposting intention into a reasonably sounding wall of text:

1. Keeping an up-to-date, organized archive of everything an opposing forum member has ever done or written to ensure you're always one step ahead.

2. Constantly search dictionaries for words no one has ever used or even heard of to prove your superior intellectual capacity. For example: disingenuous, conclusion or incorporate.

3. Always be in touch with the latest internet slang insults to be able to establish your dominance at any moment and never get caught off guard yourself - only reading 4chan isn't sufficient anymore due to a severe lack of diversity lately.

4. Have sentences prepared that are universally agreeable and end with them for likes from lazy readers - making your post (and yourself) more powerful, even if the whole thing is completely useless, out of context, and quite frankly shit of the bull.

In conclusion people need to be less judgemental and smug, while beeing more sincere and respectful.

:D:D:D

As fascinating as the exchanges in this thread are, about who is for or against RP and all that, there is still no good reason not to uncap the timer from 5 minutes.
that was done months ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.