Connection problem

Hello Young Padawans!

We have some connection issues, so please stay tuned. Launcher should work within few hours, we are doing our best so you can download, update and play Movie Battles as soon as possible!

[UPDATE]

For now we have two mirrors:

Torrent: http://update.moviebattles.org/MovieBattlesII.torrent (torrent)
ModDB: Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.2 Full download (normal download speed)
UK: http://update.moviebattles.org/MovieBattlesII_FULL_1.3.2.1.zip (heavy load - slow download)

1. Pick one to download and extract data to GameData folder
2. Double click on launcher

May the Force be with YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Thinking about it now, I had issue on mbii.x86.exe and wanted to solve it by x64 driver. Silly me.
Right you are, should've noted that.

For any lurkers out there reading this, keep in mind that you do not have to use mbii.x86.exe as base JAMP is fully supported. You can also use the latest OpenJK if you set it up to launch MBII.

LoU

R2D2
Also, due to have load on server, it's recommended to use torrent untill we setup dedicated server to updates.

Also, due to have load on server, it's recommended to use torrent untill we setup dedicated server to updates.
Yeah but when i used the torrent and put all the files in the game data folder and started the launcher i had missing textures and similair stuff

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Yeah but when i used the torrent and put all the files in the game data folder and started the launcher i had missing textures and similair stuff
Use the launcher's integrity check on start option then restart it and try to play. Only whatever is corrupted/missing will be downloaded.

Hello guys, I downloaded the torrent and put it as you can see at the top in the lucasArt game data folder like you said.
Then I launched the MBIILauncher file and clicked install, but the same way it does without downloading the torrent, it is stuck at 0.19 mb/s speed and never goes up...What do I do wrong ?
njk2z7s.png

Lervish

Donator
Hello! You need to put the contents directly into the GameData folder, without the "MovieBattlesII" subfolder. Therefore, select everything shown in your screenshot and drag them one folder backwards in the folder hierarchy, ie. to GameData. Then you can start MBIILauncher.exe from there and it should detect that your mod is fully installed, and you can start playing. :)

Hello! You need to put the contents directly into the GameData folder, without the "MovieBattlesII" subfolder. Therefore, select everything shown in your screenshot and drag them one folder backwards in the folder hierarchy, ie. to GameData. Then you can start MBIILauncher.exe from there and it should detect that your mod is fully installed, and you can start playing. :)
Thanks, it did work apparently but now it's stuck on "preparing to update"

*edit*
Apparently the dat.init something is locked or unaccessible or something, then it gets stuck on preparing to update.

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Delete the MBII_Launcher folder if you got it from the torrent, or use the reset launcher script in GameData.

I decided to give a shot Movie Battles today for the first time. I've let my launcher download all that was needed and then it stopped, saying there's connection problem. Should I get the torrent and just simply extract it into the GameData folder and be done with it?

LoU

R2D2
I decided to give a shot Movie Battles today for the first time. I've let my launcher download all that was needed and then it stopped, saying there's connection problem. Should I get the torrent and just simply extract it into the GameData folder and be done with it?
yes

ent

Movie Battles II Team
It is working now, It was by reinstaling C++ Redis 2013 x86,even thou I am running x64 system.
Redistributables architecture is dependant on the application architecture, not OS architecture. The application uses x86 architecture so you needed x86 redistributables.

Edit: nvm, you found it out by your own as I see. :)

ent

Movie Battles II Team
MBII folder and other files has to be in GameData next to base folder.

Utorrent got a bitcon farmer installed in it a update ago, and has a shitload of ad's and annoying crap in it. They got rid of it, but the fact it happened should be a good enough warning sign to not use it in it's current form.

What I use is an outdated program of utorrent that has the same exact features but a little buggy compared to the current one.
It doesn't have ad's installed and this version number came out before bitcoins exsisted so your safe if you use this version.

Old Version of uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302 Download - OldApps.com

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Or use something nice, friendly and open source like Deluge for torrents.

Oh that's why I can cook eggs with my phone when utorrent running.
uTorrent Hopes to Regain Trust After Bitcoin Mining Controversy - TorrentFreak

When it comes to software, people don't really upgrade as often as they should, mostly because its annoying and it usually breaks something. There could still be people running around with a bad version of utorrent without even being aware whats on their machine.

Thats why I try to use old software tools whenever possible, because they tend to be a simplistic and less complicated. I am one of those guys that still uses winamp and jasc animation shop.

BT Clients - BakaBT Wiki
Here is a list of good torrent programs and thier respected versions.

Last edited: