Status
Not open for further replies.
fff2831b6a2a00ffc6b3e8766daa17ba.jpg

Please. This game needs a CPR.

or a shot of morphine...

Trello (Player Model Optimizations)
Trello (Weapon Model Optimizations)
Trello (Hilt Model Optimizations)

These are where the issue is coming from. We will be working to properly fix framerate across the board rather than neutering maps.
Wow this is like the type of response you get when dealing with Steam Support.

Soon you won't need to work on it anyway because the FPS is gonna be pretty high for the 10 remaining players left in the game regardless...

Just rename it to dotf_classic or something. We just want the old map and catwalk for dueling mode - you can neuter Open players all you want, I don't care about them. It's not like they're gonna switch to dueling just because of the old dotf... or will they?

@pelmeņu lauks The entire new dotf map has FEWER polygons than 2 player models! You can't possibly have lower fps there, stop imagining things! Jakku probably has more polygons than 32 players combined, because i have around 40 fps there with no players, while having stable 60 on smuggler with 30 players.

Last edited:
@pelmeņu lauks The entire new dotf map has FEWER polygons than 2 player models! You can't possibly have lower fps there, stop imagining things! Jakku probably has more polygons than 32 players combined, because i have around 40 fps there with no players, while having stable 60 on smuggler with 30 players.

Jakku was capped at 24 fps for a more cinematic experience. (you idiot).

Trello (Player Model Optimizations)
Trello (Weapon Model Optimizations)
Trello (Hilt Model Optimizations)

These are where the issue is coming from. We will be working to properly fix framerate across the board rather than neutering maps.

While fixing Dotf2, you can give us classic_dotf too, like that we'll have both version to play with and everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
While fixing Dotf2, you can give us classic_dotf too, like that we'll have both version to play with and everyone will be happy.
It's a shame it was never the plan to work on dotf_classic, make it better and then give it an official release. Man, if only Mace wasn't autistic maybe he would have done that.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
It's a shame it was never the plan to work on dotf_classic, make it better and then give it an official release. Man, if only Mace wasn't autistic maybe he would have done that.

Mace did work on dotf classic, made it better and then gave it an official release. its the dotf included with the download now.

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I would very much enjoy seeing the original DOTF added to the next release, so players have a choice.

Catwalks was a lot of damn fun ;)
But now we can't have authentic Sylvar how to lightsaber videos :eek:

It's 2018, what do you expect - developers have to grab fog-sized ear horns to listen to their daily and dedicated players now-a-days.

man-with-ear-trumpet.jpg

It's a prime example of how Developers are projected in this modern gaming era aswell, most successful mods and gaming companies in the industry; when they push a feature and realizes it has a lot of backlash and drawbacks, criticism from the playerbase. They usually remove or modify that feature so the players can actually enjoy it.

I understand it's a new map and it didn't override or break anything, but if a disgruntled lot is complaining about it - and now it's a large issue on a forum thread scale .. I'd say something needs to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.