Tempest's Saber Build

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
So, many of you know me. I'm a very controversial figure in MB2. However, I think most of us can agree that the game is in a very poor state. The community is dying, quite simply, and I find the patch is the main culprit.

Now this isn't to call out Stassin, or start any sort of drama, because frankly I don't give a shit about any of that at this point. This is about a discussion regarding what is best for MB2's future. I have, for a while, been working with Tempest on his build, for... probably a year now. It has gone through many, MANY iterations, some good, some bad. This recent build Tempest has been working on, in my opinion, is potentially the best build we've had for a while, and if all goes well, could surpass my beloved 1.3.

So, I'm sure you don't want to see me faff about, so I'll get to the nitty gritty details of what (last time I worked on it with him) was planned.

• - Tempest's most recent build, focuses upon taking the best aspects of 1.3, and the 1.4 series, and improving upon them.
  • - Having improved 1.3 PB zones for more consistent PBing that also helps against yaws.
  • - Having higher damages than 1.4, but not having the insane 80 BP damage interrupts from 1.5.
  • - Making timing matter more, but not discouraging the other facets of MB2 sabering such as footwork, or offense.
  • - Bringing back unique and balanced perks, as well as differentiating the styles further based on stats.
  • - Making special attacks matter, but not dominate.
  • - Bringing back swing restrictions and the great transitions that offered so much variety from 1.3.
  • - Removing the weird disparities of damage between comboing/not comboing/swingblocking/not swingblocking.
  • - and many other discussed possibilities, even including making heavy/light style disparities, and turning mblock into a timed/quadrant based parry, while reworking how parry itself functions.

Over all making the sabering feel better, really. It isn't finished, but it is close. I'd give specifics on the perk ideas/how the styles themselves played, but since it is still being balanced/worked on, it wouldn't do much justice. Think of it as 1.4.9 with higher damages and the best of 1.3 added, and improved.

However, if Tempest's build is something you want to see, or don't want to see, then I welcome any discourse here.

This could very well be the future of MB2 at stake, and I hope we can see Tempest's build make it to light.

Last edited:

Jaikanatar

US Official Server Admin
Well said and if its anything like the beta that many of us tested, I think that will be a really positive direction. I say that mostly because there was a lot of good feedback from many players when those open betas were available.

...minus normal block, lol.

I liked the way the pb's, halfswings, and how the duels in general felt in those betas a lot and the overall feel did remind me of 1.3 for sure, but a big step forward at the same time

Last edited:
Through testing the open beta I too support Tempest's new build. Hopefully this time it'll see the light of day. I havent posted on this forum in over 2 year's but this itself got my attention because I would rather see Movie Battles 2 Be great again.

jR1eWMt.jpg

I don't care if it's Tempest's build or Stassin's, hotfix or a full revamp idc, just make the next sabering update the last one in a long time so that devs can focus their resources and energy on other new stuff, game modes, maps, tutorials.

I have no complaints. I dislike the current turtling meta as it is anyway, and quite frankly alot of these changes are things that should have been done a long time ago Lol.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Sounds good, except for mblock and pb (dont make it too easy).

Last edited:

shea conn

Account Suspended
I didn't even play the damn mod when 1.3 was a thing and i didn't mind 1.49 but anything is better than the shit patch

I retired from MBII recently for a number of reasons. But honestly? 1.5 may have been the biggest one. It's not that I just "Oh it's new so I hate it it changes stuff i'm used to" or "god I wish they'd just keep sabering stable" it just...Didn't feel as fun. Honestly playing gunner this patch is preferable to saberist, and i'm a saberist main. And I can tell you there's a general consensus that this patch isn't all that we could have hoped for. I agree with tempest's changes wholeheartedly. Though I question the changes to mblock. No more disarms?

I retired from MBII recently for a number of reasons. But honestly? 1.5 may have been the biggest one. It's not that I just "Oh it's new so I hate it it changes stuff i'm used to" or "god I wish they'd just keep sabering stable" it just...Didn't feel as fun. Honestly playing gunner this patch is preferable to saberist, and i'm a saberist main. And I can tell you there's a general consensus that this patch isn't all that we could have hoped for. I agree with tempest's changes wholeheartedly. Though I question the changes to mblock. No more disarms?
i agree with most of Tempest changes and to answer your question, yes i would get rid of mblock disarms

k4far

Banned
Donator
Without testing live can't say shit so until there is actual server...

I must say recent 1.3 (Visery's server) was pretty dull, do not forget it also reinotroduces broken melee damage you forget it like it doesn't matter and this entire game is just sabering xd

I think that disarms could stay if mblock was less luckblock and more skillblock. tl;dr make it harder to mblock

Specific timing + predicting and aiming at the right zone + hitting the right MBlock stance

Seems fine to me. MBlock is not a problem. People just forget about swingblocking sometimes I suppose.

Specific timing + predicting and aiming at the right zone + hitting the right MBlock stance

Seems fine to me. MBlock is not a problem. People just forget about swingblocking sometimes I suppose.
Most of my mblocks as a beginner were pure luck from spamming the timing. Perhaps punishing failed mblocks harder would prevent mblock spam.