•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!
I was always playing with OpenJK, because on JAMP engine i have low FPS, the game is unplayable. But from few days ago, every time i launch the game on OpenJK, it gives me this error (image). How can i fix it? This error started appearing after some Windows update. (Also, was trying to launch game from Play_MBII.bat. When doing so it gives "VM_CreateLegacy on cgame failed" every time when i try to connect to any server.)

What i have tried already:

Reinstallation MBII (few times)
Reparing Installation
Deleting .sab files
Installing and running MBII on both JKA 1.0 and 1.01
System restoring, to the time before that Windows update (I have Windows 10) and reinstalling the game

Things changed: During all that actions ^ i have met "VM_CreateLegacy on ui failed" error. Now, after full reinstallation - first error again (image).

*Crashlog attached

upload_2018-6-1_17-30-22.png

Attachments

• crashlog-2018-06-01_17-30-00.txt
    54.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Now i have Steam version. Should i place that (incorrectly worked) files to the JKA folder or better just to download new ones? I am interested in what will happen...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Now i have Steam version. Should i place that (incorrectly worked) files to the JKA folder or better just to download new ones? I am interested in what will happen...
Better download new files using Launcher, probably.
But make sure that you placed MBIILauncher.exe into GameData of Steam JA, AND that path in Launcher's settings is set to Steam location, not to old directory.

Absolutely same...... Downloaded mb2 to Steam JKA folder, only JAMP engine is able to run and join, but, as i said many times, unplayable with such fps... "VM_CreateLegacy on ui failed" this time, not cgame.

SOOOOOOOLVED

My actions:
(0. Downloaded Steam version)
1. Copied uix86.dll file to "base" folder from MBII.pk3
2. Copied uix86.dll and cgamex86.dll to "MBII" folder from MBII.pk3
3. Started launcher
4. In settings unchecked "Steam integration", chose MBII Engine, checked "Steam integration"
5. "Play"
6. Launcher deleted cgamex86.dll and uix86.dll from MBII folder, but right after that i recopied it there. The game didn't delete it second time.
7. Chose server, joined and it works!!!

The question is... Why game deletes these files from MBII folder itself?... I have to manually place that files there each time game deletes them... o_O

Another problem now is switching off that auto-deleting files...

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
SOOOOOOOLVED
I'm glad it's solved, but...
1. Copied uix86.dll file to "base" folder from MBII.pk3
This is very strange because dlls from "base" folder aren't supposed to be in use even in case of jamp, not to mention MBII Client.
2. Copied uix86.dll and cgamex86.dll to "MBII" folder from MBII.pk3
This is very strange because game engine is supposed to extract libraries from MBII.pk3 on its own.
6. Launcher deleted cgamex86.dll and uix86.dll from MBII folder, but right after that i recopied it there. The game didn't delete it second time.
And this is strange as well because MBII Client isn't supposed to write files into "GameData\MBII".
MBII Client unpacks dlls and place them into Windows temporary files directory.
jamp unpacks dlls and place them into "GameData\MBII".

What you are saying is more usual for jamp, not for OpenJK/MBII Client.
The question is... Why game deletes these files from MBII folder itself?... I have to manually place that files there each time game deletes them...
Literally no idea.
The issues you faced are truly weird and barely have any logical explanation.
The possible reasons are:
  1. Broken MBII or Jedi Academy installation,
  2. Some general Windows malfunction,
  3. Anti-virus software,
  4. Computer viruses/malware.