•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!
I was always playing with OpenJK, because on JAMP engine i have low FPS, the game is unplayable. But from few days ago, every time i launch the game on OpenJK, it gives me this error (image). How can i fix it? This error started appearing after some Windows update. (Also, was trying to launch game from Play_MBII.bat. When doing so it gives "VM_CreateLegacy on cgame failed" every time when i try to connect to any server.)

What i have tried already:

Reinstallation MBII (few times)
Reparing Installation
Deleting .sab files
Installing and running MBII on both JKA 1.0 and 1.01
System restoring, to the time before that Windows update (I have Windows 10) and reinstalling the game

Things changed: During all that actions ^ i have met "VM_CreateLegacy on ui failed" error. Now, after full reinstallation - first error again (image).

*Crashlog attached

upload_2018-6-1_17-30-22.png

Attachments

• crashlog-2018-06-01_17-30-00.txt
    54.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Damn, something is wrong with your installation... but I still cannot figure out what exactly is wrong and how to fix it.
Make sure your Windows account have admin rights.
Shut down anti-virus completely, if any.

I want you to upload an another one log; but, right after you get "VM_Create..." error and right before you type "condump...", type "cvarlist" (without quotes) and press Enter.

92a3cc1aa310.png

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I can see that "C:\<User> (english games and programes)\Games (English)\Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (MBII)" again.
Can't you just get rid of that thing? Because I've got an impression that two installations is messing with each other somehow.

Also, I forgot to tell you to extract another files from openjk download:
EaxMan.dll
msvcp120.dll
msvcr120.dll
OpenAL32.dll
SDL2.dll
Unpack them to GameData as well.

So.. i think you have to reinstall the JKA or the OpenJKA if you're in steam version then do it, if you're not in steam version then don't reinstall the JKA or OpenJKA i think so, if you reinstall without steam version then ok.. Its will work (i think so) if still not works then i don't know :/

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
--- Look, correct extraction?
Yes, extraction looks fine.

But the game still doesn't work. I don't get it. I just don't freaking get it.
Game complains that it can't load required dlls, over and over again. Why? Repair log clearly shows that your installation is fine.
6402e60624eb.gif
6402e60624eb.gif
6402e60624eb.gif

ok, now I looked at OP once again and one thing seems a bit unclear.
You said that jamp shows poor performance for you. But did try to run MBII using jamp recently?
It's not about lags and low fps, it's about does game run normally at all?
Are you able to join servers and do some basic game interactions, even having bad fps using jamp?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
To test it i should install "Update"... It seems that launcher noticed that files you said to extract. Should i accept that update to try JAMP now?
Yes.
But I don't think it's related to those files though.
And since you (implicitly) confirm that you didn't actually tested jamp before, I got suspicious...

To test it i should install "Update"... It seems that launcher noticed that files you said to extract. Should i accept that update to try JAMP now?
If its not works then i've said this:
"So.. i think you have to reinstall the JKA or the OpenJKA if you're in steam version then do it, if you're not in steam version then don't reinstall the JKA or OpenJKA i think so, if you reinstall without steam version then ok.. Its will work (i think so) if still not works then i don't know :/"

Yes, JAMP works correctly. Even giving me usual MBII main menu. But with 30 fps on training grounds.... It's unplayable. The problem about OpenJK is still topical

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes, JAMP works correctly. Even giving me usual MBII main menu. But with 30 fps on training grounds.... It's unplayable. The problem about OpenJK is still topical
Damn =\
Ok, try install that thing anyway. Maybe the one you have isn't installed correctly.

I have to admit I'm almost running out of ideas at this point. It should work already, really :(

Try this:
  1. Open file "C:\Apps\Games (English)\Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (MBII)\GameData\MBII\MBII.pk3" using WinRAR
  2. You'll see three dll files. Extract them all into "C:\Apps\Games (English)\Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy (MBII)\GameData\MBII"
  3. Repeat extracting to "C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII"
  4. Execute "openjk.x86.exe - ярлык"
  5. If "VM_Create... " error occurs again, do "condump" thing and upload a new log file here
452e9ba73b16.png

Last edited:
It worked!!! One time... But only from "openjk.x86.exe - ярлык" and kicked because of "Run game from launcher and keep it running..." . And after that ^ replacement worked only. Only once o_O But when i tried to launch by launcher it stopped working again, even from "openjk.x86.exe - ярлык", again default JKA menu... Here is new log... Now in 'japlus' OpenJK folder :/

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
But when i tried to launch by launcher it stopped working again
MBII Client isn't supposed to work yet, because you moved "rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll" out of GameData and because "rd-vanilla_x86.dll" is in GameData.

But you should be able to play via "openjk.x86.exe - ярлык" while having Launcher running in background.
Here is new log... Now in 'japlus' OpenJK folder :/
And this bugs me the most...
Very weird... The game started as MBII and literally switched itself to japlus... wtf?...
6402e60624eb.gif

The only logical explanation I can think of is messed up configs.
So once again, move these files to some completely unrelated location, or just delete them:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg
C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\OpenJK\openjk.cfg
And search for "openjk.cfg" in folders as well, look into as many folders as you can.

Then start MBIILauncher and "openjk.x86.exe - ярлык".