Mb2_Sarlacc - new jabba sail barge map

Hello Movie Battles 2 Community! My name is Langerd - i am mapper that is mostly active on jkhub.

I just downloaded Movie Battles 2 and gave it a try. I must say... i am more than immpressed. It is a masterpiece of the mod and it finally gave me intrest to play multiplayer with jk3 players. I was never fan of multiplayer experience but now i not only want to be part of the community as the player - but as modder too. If you want of course. So in my first post i will give you my first post with my suggestion and my work in progress on the map - It is Jabba Sail Barge.

PHJivir.jpg

The rest of the images are here :
imgur album dSOz3

My idea for the objective is make this big cannon that Leia destroyed tha barge. The Rebels must destroy the barge by hacking the cannon to (Like Luke Said in the movie) POINT AT THE DECK! . They can do it manualy (like Leia in the movie and this will take longer) or faster method (in the cockpit of the barge) that will rotate the canon much much faster BUT the canon still must be activated manualy (the time to activate will be very fast).

What do you think and do you like the idea of the map like this?

Skiff model is AshuraDX's model but i changed textures and changed model to MD3.

Map is ready for the testing!
[DOWNLOAD IT HERE]

.pk3 file from above goes to "Jedi Academy\Movie Battles 2\GameData\MBII" In order to run the map start your local server and in the console input "/map mb2_sarlacc". Please, provide me with some feedback!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

k4far

Banned
Donator
Hey Langerd,

I have been playing for a bit and it's unfortunate but Tusken Camp is killing all of the space.
4add1d3e9d303.png

Spawning behind a dune wouldn't be better? Go in to direction of Hoth trech in sand instead but make it natural not military like. Just no more additives on that side of the map.

Happy there is some music, you fixed this whole clipping also great. Deck is now not empty I like it a lot. Cannon received a timer.

Barriers are glitching your view if you crouch and try getting through them. It's not visible on the picture you have to do it yourself it does some weird stuff to your camera.
4d3d79ef0a151.png

Right platform connected with Skiff once you are out Rebel spawn is way too big
74961ace9cceb.jpg

and there is a ton of scattered crates and barrels if you could make it half the size and just bare minimum for that part. At this point map gets full and effect of space is fading away.

Two out of five tentacles are overlapping Sarlacc's mouth imo. they shouldn't be so close to the mouth it will look more authentic once fixed.
b96fe70902728.jpg

[no image]
Part of Sarlacc that extends when you fall down the throat is visible from inside and not in a good meaning although I have no idea how to conceal it from within. I love the in/out animation you have added. In addition, there is a predetermined overlap of textures as Sarlacc emerges. There is a lack of a smooth transition between the mouth and the place where it comes out because from the top it looks like textures go through each other which spoils the overall effect and makes me think it's not an animal anymore.

I dislike getting through Sarlacc's mouth you have unavoidable damage it's like there isn't any reward if you get out. Main stomatch will be a time wasting place I have been thinking that place also should be slowly filling with acid so you would have to change your position to stay alive there. Idling shouldn't be possible.

There are numerous time wasting spots in the stomatch space visible in the first picture below should be periodically filling with acid so you have to move to stay alive.
0cbdaefb47a21.jpg

Could sit here instead of being swallowed further.
5bee83d4e3df7.jpg

Make this ceiling grate breakable please -)
e2110216c2f07.jpg

So there is updated version as Langerd already pointed out you can get it on a page earlier, goes to "Jedi Academy\Movie Battles 2\GameData\MBII".

Server running mb2_sarlacc map is the "{SF} 24/7 Sarlacc" you can join by downloading the file from before and using /connect 35.177.184.212:29075 in the in-game console (shift + ~ to open the console). There is also updated .siege file I am working on as in regard to the time period this all is taking place. I suggested it would cover the time when Han is still in carbonite, Leia and Luke are going to save him and get caught. During that cap, Barge is going on it's own to the Great Pit of Carkoon place inhabited by Sarlacc to ensure everything is fully prepared for Han Solo's execution. Hutts hired extra Mercenaries for the time of preparations. As for the Rebels (things can be made fully authentic for FA Mode where Rebels will spawn on Skiffs and Jabba's Bounty Hunters will start on the Barge - it's all still up to the Langerd to decide I will be happy with whatever he chooses to go with.)
//This file should never exceed 16384 bytes.

Teams
{
team1 Rebels
team2 Gangsters
}

mapgraphic "gfx\mplevels\smuggler\layout"
missionname "Sarlacc Pit Battle"
radartopleft "-1144, 1784"
radarbottomright "1600, -960"
AutoMap
{
AutoMap0
{
radargraphic "gfx/automap/mb2_smuggler"
radargraphicfull "gfx/automap/mb2_smugglerfull"
height "0"
}
AutoMap1
{
radargraphic "gfx/automap/mb2_smuggler2"
radargraphicfull "gfx/automap/mb2_smuggler2full"
height "150"
}
}

roundbegin_target ""
//this is a global target, it will be fired off if there is one when the round begins (this happens
//when there is at least 1 player on each team active)

//All message strings, like message_team1, wonround, etc. can be striped references by having the first char as @.

Rebels
{
RequiredObjectives 1
Timed 180
UseTeam "Sail_Rebels"
TeamIcon "gfx/2d/logos/mb_rebel"
TeamColorOn "1 0 0 1"
TeamColorOff ".7 0 0 1"

Objective1
{
goalname "...moving in to firing position"
final -1
message_team1 "The cannon is moving in to firing position!"
message_team2 "WWRRRRP!"
objdesc "Goal:
Prepare to aim the vessel's main blaster cannon at the deck."
objgfx "gfx/mplevels/smuggler/objectivea1"
}

Objective2
{
goalname "activate the blaster cannon and destroy the barge"
final -1
message_team1 "Set the charge and run!"
message_team2 ""
objdesc "FIRE:
Start a chain-reaction and cause the barge to explode!"
objgfx "gfx/mplevels/smuggler/objectiveb"
}

\

wonround "It's a great day for the Rebellion!"
lostround "Hope dies last..."
roundover_target "siegeend"
attackers 0

briefing "Rebels come in, Han's rescue plan must have failed. We will get this ugly slime's attention and give Princess Leia and Luke some extra time!"
}

Gangsters
{
RequiredObjectives 1
UseTeam "Sail_Hutt"
TeamIcon "gfx/2d/logos/mb_hutt"
TeamColorOn "0 0 1 1"
TeamColorOff "0 0 .7 1"

Objective1
{
goalname "protect the main cannon"
final -1
message_team1 "WWRRRRP!"
message_team2 "Charge deactivated, eliminate remaining intruders!"
objdesc "DEFEND:
Eliminate them or you are joining Solo on his one way trip!"
objgfx "gfx/mplevels/smuggler/objectivea2"
}

Objective2
{
goalname "protect the barge"
final -1
message_team1 ""
message_team2 ""
objdesc "DEFEND:
Get out there and protect the barge! If you are still alive by the end of this Hutts will make us all rich!"
objgfx "gfx/mplevels/smuggler/objectiveb"
}

wonround "I like captain Solo where he is."
lostround "You should learn to shoot first..."
roundover_target ""
attackers 1

briefing "The illustrious Hutt Cartel bids you welcome and gladly offers you the reward for keeping the barge safe!"
}

Langerd here is some extra feedback! There is even more time wasting potential than I first suspected. Deka gets away from any danger but no Jedi nor Boba Fett can get out this stomach it's too hungry haha. I would like to ask you to make the flow of acid in last stomach static it feels like raw sea current from Kamino. It can have no movement it's only purpose should be melting things.

[Unable to move!]
9c68c46f7c3de.jpg

Please notice I have no FP and this isn't upside down. This is one of the bellies trying to suck me in. I got stuck above. Deka can do even better and get away from both side stomatches except for the bottom one which is unavoidable once you slip in there.
eda77e6200c17.jpg

I have been thinking I would like for everyone who ends up in the belly to start looking for place to stand at because the stomach could be slowly filling with acid, starting with the lowest one which is the source. Acid levels are rising so to stay alive you would have to change your position from time to time. We can get rid of idling in the stomatch like that and saber fights will remain interesting too! Probably impossible to do due to some engine limitations...

Last edited:
Hey Langerd,

I have been playing for a bit and it's unfortunate but Tusken Camp is killing all of the space.
4add1d3e9d303.png

Spawning behind a dune wouldn't be better? Go in to direction of Hoth trech in sand instead but make it natural not military like. Just no more additives on that side of the map.

Happy there is some music, you fixed this whole clipping also great. Deck is now not empty I like it a lot. Cannon received a timer.

Barriers are glitching your view if you crouch and try getting through them. It's not visible on the picture you have to do it yourself it does some weird stuff to your camera.
4d3d79ef0a151.png

Right platform connected with Skiff once you are out Rebel spawn is way too big
74961ace9cceb.jpg

and there is a ton of scattered crates and barrels if you could make it half the size and just bare minimum for that part. At this point map gets full and effect of space is fading away.

Two out of five tentacles are overlapping Sarlacc's mouth imo. they shouldn't be so close to the mouth it will look more authentic once fixed.
b96fe70902728.jpg

[no image]
Part of Sarlacc that extends when you fall down the throat is visible from inside and not in a good meaning although I have no idea how to conceal it from within. I love the in/out animation you have added. In addition, there is a predetermined overlap of textures as Sarlacc emerges. There is a lack of a smooth transition between the mouth and the place where it comes out because from the top it looks like textures go through each other which spoils the overall effect and makes me think it's not an animal anymore.

I dislike getting through Sarlacc's mouth you have unavoidable damage it's like there isn't any reward if you get out. Main stomatch will be a time wasting place I have been thinking that place also should be slowly filling with acid so you would have to change your position to stay alive there. Idling shouldn't be possible.

There are numerous time wasting spots in the stomatch space visible in the first picture below should be periodically filling with acid so you have to move to stay alive.
0cbdaefb47a21.jpg

Could sit here instead of being swallowed further.
5bee83d4e3df7.jpg

Make this ceiling grate breakable please -)
e2110216c2f07.jpg

Fixing barriers and some clipping issues are always on my list

About rebel spawn i was thinking that it would be hard to go on the barge through the dunes. You would be easy target. I wanted cover for respawn.

The sarlacc is a hard one. Making the smooth conection would be realy hard to make.

I am trying to make a barge like a place where gunners can ambush or play wise with tactic. The grate ceiling breakable is great idea!! i will make that working in some places.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Well Langerd,

for Rebel's cover it needs to be something that wouldn't be taking over the remaining space current Tusken Camp is obviously covering too much out of the open space. We need to preserve the effect of having a lot of space to move on this map. Effect of space is giving the map it's charm.

if you don't think natural like dune trench would work... maybe some underground tunnels but that also doesn't make much sense especially if it will look like it was made by someone to provide tactical adventage it has to be environmental and doesn't change landscape too much.

I am sure you will figure something out -)

People cant join the server. There is an issue because they dont have the map. Download the new version Replace the old one if you have it and THEN try to connect pls.

Last edited:
So there is updated version as author already pointed out you can get it on a page earlier, goes to "Jedi Academy\Movie Battles 2\GameData\MBII".

Server running mb2_sarlacc map is the "{SF} 24/7 Sarlacc" you can join by downloading the file from before and using /connect 35.177.184.212:29075 in the in-game console (shift + tilde to open). There is also updated .siege file I am working on as in regard to the time period this all is taking place. I suggested it would cover the time when Han is still in carbonite, Leia and Luke are going to save him and get caught. During that cap, Barge is going on it's own to the Great Pit of Carkoon place inhabited by Sarlacc to ensure everything is fully prepared for Han Solo's execution. Hutts hired extra Mercenaries for the time of preparations. As for the Rebels (things can be made fully authentic for FA Mode where Rebels will spawn on Skiffs and Jabba's Bounty Hunters will start on the Barge - it's all still up to the Langerd to decide I will be happy with whatever he chooses to go with.)

Langerd here is some extra feedback! There is even more time wasting potential than I first suspected. Deka gets away from any danger but no Jedi nor Boba Fett can get out this stomach it's too hungry haha. I would like to ask you to make the flow of acid in last stomach static it feels like raw sea current from Kamino. It can have no movement it's only purpose should be melting things.

Not able to move at all!
9c68c46f7c3de.jpg

Please notice I have no FP and this isn't upside down. This is one of the bellies trying to suck me in. I got stuck above. Deka can do even better and get away from both side stomatches except for the bottom one which is unavoidable once you slip in there.
eda77e6200c17.jpg
What could be fun but quite non-canon would be to periodically spawn Thermal detonators in populated stomachs, this would be more of a minigame about evading random TDs but it could lead to some fun challenges to see who can survive this

This map looks amazing. Huge props to those of you taking the time out of your day to test the map and help @Langerd get this ready for public release. Can't wait to give this a spin during a community event or something when it goes live.

Many thanks for replies.

I needed a little break from mapping and modding. Just a little dont worry.

And btw i need to say this - @MaceMadunusus
@Lindsey

I found a way to make an acid/luqid brush to actaully works in MB2 but there is some weird catch. I didnt use func_door but i changed an acid brush into the func_static. I later used script to move this func_static to the tag . Now we have stomach that is filling up with stomach juice. But it is weird because - it doesnt work on local host. Meaning when i open my map through the devmap mb2_sarlacc cheat. BUT it works on the server!!! If you will have free time pls check this on the server. But first you need to download the map. I think that there is possible way to make moving killing lava or water or acid :). To trivger the sromach juice jump down to the bottom stomach or play mando to trigger it and use jetpack quickly to fly away because it will trap you.

Last edited:

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Great work, Langerd. I look forward to seeing this finalized and brought into either MB2 officially or at the very least CMP!

Update -

-Fixed terrain - but it still need some improvements but it is a lot better now.
-Added a small cave system - share some ideas here!
-changed textures for crates.
-made stomach to fill after time. I need some way to actuallty make everone killable - Hero with heal rank 3 is a problem here...

Other than that i also need to fix the objective and also add another flying skiff.

Last edited:
Update -
imgur album 812nQuC

-Fixed terrain - but it still need some improvements but it is a lot better now.
-Added a small cave system - share some ideas here!
-changed textures for crates.
-made stomach to fill after time. I need some way to actuallty make everone killable - Hero with heal rank 3 is a problem here...

Other than that i also need to fix the objective and also add another flying skiff.
Would it be interesting to turn the cave into a sandpeople hideout ( more sandpeople props) or into a secure depot (wall, door, indoor section) to control the inflow and outflow (since the cave is quite exposed to snipers and such.

Just tested the map and it's pretty awesome. My only complaint is that the sandpeople hideout, while cool, could create timewasting problems.

So my map is for now - ready like never before!

I made some changes and i really want to take a break from mapping for some time. I made huge amount of work. Mostly texture changes. The barge and skiffs were dirty but not in natural way - their textures looked low quality and awful. I tried to fix that. Now Here are screens of maps latest state!
I will be not active for couple of days. Here are new screens and Map Update!

Dropbox - mb2_sarlacc.pk3

Here new screens.

imgur album wC0l7K6

k4far

Banned
Donator
Langerd,

first of all, it's all awesome!

I like new textures and thank you for changing deck texture back. I know you will be absent for a while now but when you have the time again:

Please, consider adding two suns like in this picture to map background but in zenit:
tatooine-ft.jpg

• I think the skybox needs to be less blue sky but more like a desert, unfriendly Tatooine (desert planet with two suns!). So to achieve that lower the contrast between the sand and skybox so they are more alike but still different. Above picture is a good representation a bit too dark for me personally I like the current brightness on the map it's just the skybox being nice Earth like sky lol
  • I would like to discuss the shape of the map it's currently a square what if it had a shape of an egg? Nobody will be getting cornered (improvement for me personally).
  • I like the Cave, you could probably extend the time it takes to activate the trap because you can not tell when you are about to fall right now this environmental hazard is as dangerous to people who know of it as much as to first-timers.
  • Skiff needs to get slower and require hacking on the journey I know you heard that already but it does not hurt to have it here again.
  • Swap loading screen order first with the second it will give a better impression (zoom on Sarlacc should not be the first thing you see).
  • There is a lot of texture overlapping on the Gangster's side (speaking of stairs connecting with sand - multiple)
  • The platform on which is the Skiff with no borders (Gangsters spawn) could have no cloth covering the pillars.
  • I wish cave was darker and there is no need for any light sources since it's not inhabited. It will be a nice change of pace compared to the outside so middle of the cave can be quite dark.
  • The stomach needs temporary safe space when it's filling with acid so some ledge out of Sarlacc's skin that would appear for a moment would do the trick.
  • I think the second way out of the cave will be a place where Gangsters will rush the Rebels it should give the Rebels just a little more cover and terrain advantage definitely not like the other way which is entirely in favor of them but just a bit more.
  • If you can add screen blurring at the edges of the map that might make it interesting it will simulate delirium.
  • At the moment we have 2 Barge windows opened with lightsaber I think one should be just opened not cut out from the inside.
  • There is no way out of the stomach right now so all you can do is get yourself killed or time-waste. Mando might fly out but Jedi/Sith can absolutely not jump out I am not sure we want that to be like this up to you.
  • When you get past first Sarlacc throat you can see the mouth floating in the air it would be a good idea to hide that.
  • As for eastern egg somebody already proposed to add Boba Fett trapped in the stomach lol

First of all thanks for the hard work, i know people will love this map!

Few thoughts on the last update:

- Skybox is super awesome now

- The imp spawn elevator should return to lower position automatically after like 10 seconds so respawning units dont have to call it every time.

- The red hologram is just wierd, i think adding a blinking light on the panel itself would be fine. Also when im few steps behind the planting spot, i see the interaction icon but i cant hack, only if i step closer.

- My idea on teh stomach escape: The acid (instakill) level in stomach is constantly changing up and down, when its the lowest, you can walk around to the wall where a socket sucks you in then throws you out to the desert. You still must have some hp left to survive the fall.
a

-You must disable every area in stomach that people can use for time wasting.

-Boba Fett Eastern Egg +1

New Map Update - SF Server is on. Before trying to connect - download latest version! -

SF Server with MB2_sarlacc is updated! If you want to join you must download it and put pk3 into your MBII folder - is updated - here is download link Dropbox - mb2_sarlacc.pk3

Newest update - SF Server is updated.

Dropbox - mb2_sarlacc.pk3 - here is the file

New update things added and changes :
- 3 bubbles in stomach which can save from death (they come from the wall after 3rd stage of stomach filling)
-Side Stomachs deals more damage but you can actually escape now by destroying wall bubble. After it is destroyed sarlacc will push you out throught the flesh tunnel back on surface. Careful tho - fall damage can kill you easily.
-Platform with skiff that is repaired is now smaller.
-Some other changes and fixes

imgur album UFpS0ta

Last edited:
Now i am working on the skiff mechanic - I want to create skiff that we will be able to destroy and also i want to make it more mobile that it is now. Players will actually decide where they want skiff to fly. It will fly to the points and we will be able to choose between three directions. So you will be able to use it for some strategy too. It will no longer be on rails floating in looped path.