Mb2_Sarlacc - new jabba sail barge map

Hello Movie Battles 2 Community! My name is Langerd - i am mapper that is mostly active on jkhub.

I just downloaded Movie Battles 2 and gave it a try. I must say... i am more than immpressed. It is a masterpiece of the mod and it finally gave me intrest to play multiplayer with jk3 players. I was never fan of multiplayer experience but now i not only want to be part of the community as the player - but as modder too. If you want of course. So in my first post i will give you my first post with my suggestion and my work in progress on the map - It is Jabba Sail Barge.

PHJivir.jpg

The rest of the images are here :
imgur album dSOz3

My idea for the objective is make this big cannon that Leia destroyed tha barge. The Rebels must destroy the barge by hacking the cannon to (Like Luke Said in the movie) POINT AT THE DECK! . They can do it manualy (like Leia in the movie and this will take longer) or faster method (in the cockpit of the barge) that will rotate the canon much much faster BUT the canon still must be activated manualy (the time to activate will be very fast).

What do you think and do you like the idea of the map like this?

Skiff model is AshuraDX's model but i changed textures and changed model to MD3.

Map is ready for the testing!
[DOWNLOAD IT HERE]

.pk3 file from above goes to "Jedi Academy\Movie Battles 2\GameData\MBII" In order to run the map start your local server and in the console input "/map mb2_sarlacc". Please, provide me with some feedback!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now i am working on the skiff mechanic - I want to create skiff that we will be able to destroy and also i want to make it more mobile that it is now. Players will actually decide where they want skiff to fly. It will fly to the points and we will be able to choose between three directions. So you will be able to use it for some strategy too. It will no longer be on rails floating in looped path.
Maybe something like X levers (x being the number of paths you want to implement) and a weakspot that would stop it once destroyed?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
have it be vulnerable right above the sarlacc

I can say that map is at the finished state! New update is here. - Dropbox - mb2_sarlacc.pk3
Things added and changes:
-Second flying skiff
-Objective icons and new objective info - These might change because i am polish and there could be language mistakes
-Removed green light from the cannon's console - it looked weird and it was bugged. Also it didnt fit the atmosphere.
-Changed the placement of the bubbles. Now they are not close to each other.

Escaping from stomach is like getting to the sarlacc - it is a lotery. You might survive or not. Funny thing - trying to escape from sarlacc will create scerios where players will need to cooparate to escape. Getting inside the sarlacc with lower health or no armor will end up in 75-80% of the times - it will result in death.

Also the getting on the surface process can end up with the fall damage death. (I made one very cool thing with this but it requires a very good timing)

Last edited:
EDIT : THERE IS ONE PROBLEM WITH UPLOADED VERSION!!! I will soon upload new one so wait for my comment here. Dont download this version

Everything works fine now

Last edited: