Your 5 changes to sabering

If you could make 5 changes to sabering what would they be and why?

Here are mine:

1. Bring styles closer together in speed. Make red a bit faster. Purple is probably fine because of yaw. Yellow is fine. Cyan is probably borderline okay too. Blue a bit slower.

2. Make running less OP
. Flat high BP drain on swings whilst running so that people don't play like a pussy/pbing is actually used instead of dodging. Atm you might as well dodge because the chance of you dodging = higher than you pbing, resulting in duels which don't fit up to the name 'Moviebattles'. One person runs in does a combo and runs out, then the other person does it, its like Runescape combat.

3. Bring back semi pb
. Would make parry spamming less effective etc.

4. Make swingblock less difficult.
This would nullify the power slap -> 4 hit -> repeat has. At the minute its very easy to get mblocked/slapped because your opponent can mblock/slap before your swingblock registers/you can input it quick enough. Make a safe zone just before/after a swing of maybe 0.5 seconds so that swingblocking is more manageable.

5. Make yellow the baseline style. This is a big one, but basically balance everything out to fit with yellow and they should fit with eachother decently too:
Blue halfswinging is broken because of the interrupts it causes, damage is too high and the perk is pretty strong too.
Cyan is very easily spammable, random perfect parries are irritating, hard to pb and mb because of its speed so damage should be lower.
Purple's perk is OP, especially with how valuable ACM, removing/nerfing its perk would make it balance well.
Staff animations are hard to see, very effective at meaningless spam because of its speed. Speed + power + unclear animations = too strong.
Yellow v yellow combat is and has been the most fun for a long time so yellow is fine.
Dualies are fine imo, at least against yellow they balance well.
Red balances nicely with yellow, a slight speed increase would make it perfect.

I know this is another thread talking about sabering but I kind of want to see if I share the same ideas as other people in the community/whether theres a majority who want something or whether we're split.

Last edited:
Yup, I used staff because I knew that no one in EU knew how to beat it. Same reason I would use Cyan. They'd rather complain about things than learn how to beat them. Though, I didn't use Staff to be fair, I used it to eliminate you.
And you'd rather learn op shit styles rather than balanced ones that actually takes skill

AaronAaron

Donator
Yup, I used staff because I knew that no one in EU knew how to beat it. Same reason I would use Cyan. They'd rather complain about things than learn how to beat them. Though, I didn't use Staff to be fair, I used it to eliminate you.

I beat your staff and eliminated you!!!

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I like this atmosphere. Should i reinstall mb2 and prove to both of you that you're still lil newbz at this ?

Well on second thought if i actually do reinstall i should probably rather just set name "^0MK^1-^0707", play deka alongside Q-11 and vaporise all those organic jedi meatbags regardless of whether they're playing cyan or staff.

So sorry for the offtopic by the way.

I like this atmosphere. Should i reinstall mb2 and prove to both of you that you're still lil newbz at this ?

Well on second thought if i actually do reinstall i should probably rather just set name "^0MK^1-^0707", play deka alongside Q-11 and vaporise all those organic jedi meatbags regardless of whether they're playing cyan or staff.

I'll be waiting on J duel
2QoFJU8.gif

Please do, you can never have enough dekas to prove how OP they can be.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
what if PB zones were waaay bigger but non-perfect-blocks had waaay higher drains

it would make newbie defense not take a year to get through, in turn making 1vX a lot more possible so long as the 1 is proactive about dismantling each of the X quickly, and positioning so they can't hit him from multiple angles at once,

and it would allow for great feats of indefinite defence against people who don't have enough technique to be unpredictable with their attacks.

imagine if a non-PB'd 3-hit red combo killed. Imagine short, intense saber fights

what if PB zones were waaay bigger but non-perfect-blocks had waaay higher drains

it would make newbie defense not take a year to get through, in turn making 1vX a lot more possible so long as the 1 is proactive about dismantling each of the X quickly, and positioning so they can't hit him from multiple angles at once,

and it would allow for great feats of indefinite defence against people who don't have enough technique to be unpredictable with their attacks.

imagine if a non-PB'd 3-hit red combo killed. Imagine short, intense saber fights
i like this idea, maybe 2 or 3 3-hits tho, one 3-hit combo would be way too fast imo, since pb'ing combos is largely based off of prediction

fast regen/small regen on pb, longer slap timing etc. Mbcounter with no extra damage

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

That's effectively how 1.3 worked. Only there was less guessing in PBing combos due to swing-direction restrictions, meaning that at any point instead of 7 possible combo options off of a swing, you only had 2-3.