Movie Making

Hello. Ive started doing some movie projects of Movie Battles and i want to take it to the next level. What i need are a few suggestions and answers. So far im used to using the npc spawn command to spawn any model i want but i could use some more. My questions:

1) Is it possible to make a spawned npc do a certain animation?
2) Is there any way to stop the timer in open mode? (the 5 minutes per round available is not always enough);
3) In the MB2 launcher, settings, would switching the engine to demo editor or MB2 client help recording in any way?

And besides these 2 questions, any advice related to movie recording and stuff like that is welcomed.

This is the video i made:

Upvote 0

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Not sure about scripting animations, but you can always use wide shots with npcs then have animations be close and be replaced by a player.
No you can't stop the timer, you can probably port some maps and models into baseJKA and do it that way
AFAIK, @ent could tell you more, but I don't think it's possible to use the demo editor anymore sadly. Or if you can it's extremely vague and I have no clue how.

Not sure about scripting animations, but you can always use wide shots with npcs then have animations be close and be replaced by a player.
No you can't stop the timer, you can probably port some maps and models into baseJKA and do it that way
AFAIK, @ent could tell you more, but I don't think it's possible to use the demo editor anymore sadly. Or if you can it's extremely vague and I have no clue how.

I did hear of the demo editor but as far as i heard its pretty broken. Im good with using just a video recording software and editing the footage myself. Yeah i use NPCS and sometimes real players. Thanks for the reply.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
I did hear of the demo editor but as far as i heard its pretty broken. Im good with using just a video recording software and editing the footage myself. Yeah i use NPCS and sometimes real players. Thanks for the reply.
Hey.
The demo editor, jaMME, is pretty working. ;) Example:
But, unfortunately, it was cut off of MBII, so no fancy camera, DOF and stuff.
But you still can capture with jaMME with the POV that your demo has.
Capturing with jaMME lets you capture with any video format*, capture with motion blur, capture with any resolution, widescreen support (the HUD is not stretched) and some other features.
How to use it in current MBII: Capture with jaMME in MBII 1.4.5 (with dropped editing support)
All the jaMME tutorials: https://jkhub.org/forum/76-jamme-tutorials/
Good luck.
*using pipeline feature + ffmpeg

Last edited:
Hey.
The demo editor, jaMME, is pretty working. ;) Example:
But, unfortunately, it was cut off of MBII, so not fancy camera, DOF and stuff.
But you still can capture with jaMME with the POV that your demo has.
Capturing with jaMME lets you capture with any video format*, capture with motion blur, capture with any resolution, widescreen support (the HUD is not stretched) and some other features.
How to use it in current MBII: Capture with jaMME in MBII 1.4.5 (with dropped editing support)
All the jaMME tutorials: https://jkhub.org/forum/76-jamme-tutorials/
Good luck.
*using pipeline feature + ffmpeg

Im gonna give it a shot then, thanks for all the info.