local chat/chat ranges

JEDI Comport » View topic - Change log

So i was looking at this RP mod and about 3/4 down the page there's something which says:
  • [NEW] Chat ranges! fully customizable on the Client side with Cvar rpc_chatRange_*
Which from what I can guess allows for some type of garry's mod/SAMP type of chat where you can only see people's messages when you're standing a certain distance away.

Would this be possible to implement into MB2 or is it something that's completely unrealistic?

It would make a lot of cool ingame coordination and rp things possible.

Theres the mod and then theres the intention as to how the mod should be played. They have their reasons (and they are for the most part good reasons) as to why RPing is discouraged in Mb2

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
You are taking an argument for creating a consistent gaming experience and mixing in a desire for a product to only be used in a certain way. With this particular request there are no issues with consistency as it affects only the local client. I'm not saying it will be done because things away from the core gameplay wont ever get much attention more due to the extremely limited developer resource we have. I am however saying that you are incorrect in applying that particular claim of some philosophical objection. In fact many MB Team members over the years have created staged recordings which is also not core gameplay and not a million miles away from role playing in terms of core gameplay behaviours they have to work around.

Truthfully I didn't think it would get added

It was more of a plea that someone might do it in the community, or at least know if it was possible