•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Framerate locked at 18?

I decided to play the game after a break that lasted a few months and when I started, the menu arrow was extremely stuttery, and when i went in game just to see, the game was also stuttering. I turned on the steam fps overlay and saw that i was getting 17-18 fps constantly.

I also tried repairing installation, and I have played the game before obviously while getting a high framerate.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
If you have two videocards, an integrated and discrete, make sure MBII uses discrete one.

Also make sure your fps isn't capped:
Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `) , type
Code:
com_maxFps
, press Enter.

Are you able to run any other games, including, but not limiting to, base Jedi Academy?

Last edited:
Sorry, I made sure it's not running on integrated, made sure fps wasnt capped, and turned off v-sync and I still suffer from the same problem. Base Jedi Academy suffers from the same problem but I can still run other newer games such as CS GO, Dishonored, and PubG (on low settings). I think I'm going to try reinstalling the game.

- - - Updated - - -

A complete uninstall and reinstall of both the steam game and MBII did not work, also note that I have played this game before many times at 60 fps, it has lowered to an unplayable framerate just now

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I think I 'fixed' it, whenever it's in full screen the fps drops to the 20, but if i turn full screen off (while still having the same resolution) the game is buttery smooth

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a GTX 770 and i5 4.7Ghz, 8GB ram and W7 64bits, more than overkill for this game, I can play it with a stable 125 fps for hours, no problem, all maxed out, even the dynamic glow thing. I just spent like 6 hours trying to figure out wth happened because my game wouldn't go past 60fps, it was at 60fps or 85fps for 3 seconds, and then they would drop to 25ish for a quarter of a second and then go back up. At first I thought something was wrong with my graphics card, I tried changing everything in mb2, nothing worked. Checked the temperatures, it was fine. I didn't install anything that I know of. Uninstalled and installed JKA again, nothing. Unparked the cores from my CPU, nothing. Then I realized the stutter problem wasn't from the game, it happened on the desktop. I just clicked and dragged my mouse and created a box and moved it around the screen and it stuttered even with that, I was like wtf. But I also went into CCleaner, startup, and saw a bunch of programs there, probably malware, that weren't supposed to be on the startup. I disabled all of them. turned off the pc. I thought it was the HDD, it looked like it. I unplugged and plugged the sata wires. Cleaned it up (wasn't all that dusty either). Turned on the pc. the stuttering was gone. either there was something wrong with the wires from my HDD (which I doubt, because they weren't lose), or one of those shady programs on the startup was causing my computer to stutter. Maybe you have/had a similar problem. I'm leaving this here in case anyone else ever comes up with something like this. Beware if the stuttering happens on the desktop, it was minor, but it was there..

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Unparked the cores from my CPU, nothing
Unparked?
Whatever it means, the game runs smoothly only on one core (set com_affinity 1).
Also check the task manager next time. Sometimes some weird unknown/old/unused processes eat a lot of performance (hello PowerDVD) out of nowhere. o_o