1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Framerate locked at 18?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cyberskyfall, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cyberskyfall

Cyberskyfall

I decided to play the game after a break that lasted a few months and when I started, the menu arrow was extremely stuttery, and when i went in game just to see, the game was also stuttering. I turned on the steam fps overlay and saw that i was getting 17-18 fps constantly.

I also tried repairing installation, and I have played the game before obviously while getting a high framerate.

2. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer Technical & Gameplay Support

If you have two videocards, an integrated and discrete, make sure MBII uses discrete one.

Also make sure your fps isn't capped:
    Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `) , type
    Code:
    com_maxFps
    , press Enter.

Are you able to run any other games, including, but not limiting to, base Jedi Academy?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. Subaru

Subaru Not a car! Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team Retired

Make sure you also turn off vsync

Puppytine likes this.
  4. Cyberskyfall

Cyberskyfall

Sorry, I made sure it's not running on integrated, made sure fps wasnt capped, and turned off v-sync and I still suffer from the same problem. Base Jedi Academy suffers from the same problem but I can still run other newer games such as CS GO, Dishonored, and PubG (on low settings). I think I'm going to try reinstalling the game.

- - - Updated - - -

A complete uninstall and reinstall of both the steam game and MBII did not work, also note that I have played this game before many times at 60 fps, it has lowered to an unplayable framerate just now

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I think I 'fixed' it, whenever it's in full screen the fps drops to the 20, but if i turn full screen off (while still having the same resolution) the game is buttery smooth

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    Puppytine likes this.
  5. Noob

Noob

try it with other quake 3 engine games, could be a weird bug you have with it

Puppytine likes this.
  6. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer Technical & Gameplay Support

Try reinstalling/updating drivers of videocard.