•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Cannot disarm.

I am told that to disarm you must perform a perfect mblock while simultaneously moving and applying attack input.

I am also told that while mblocking and moving, the attack input should create an animation for disarming.

No matter what I do, holding block and pushing swing does not engender this animation.

I have had someone swing at me without swing-blocking and I have perfectly blocked them each time, but adding attack input does not disarm them.

Edit: I figured it out. You need to either be walking or disabled autorun. I guess the person who taught me didn't explain it clearly enough. This can be locked or whatever, thanks.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Edit: I figured it out. You need to either be walking or disabled autorun. I guess the person who taught me didn't explain it clearly enough. This can be locked or whatever, thanks.
That's strange, since one of the developers, @Tempest, said:

Crystal clear clarification for how to Mblock:
- You don't need to be walking
- You do have to hold block + do an attack input with the following:
  • Perfect block the incoming swing
  • Match direction of incoming swing with proper movement (when you walk, the matching block animation for the corresponding swing makes it fairly easy to see if you were correct
  • Directions to input based on incoming swing:
    • Incoming top left: move back + left
    • Incoming left: move left
    • Incoming bottom left: move forward + left
    • Incoming top: move forward/back
    • Incoming top right: move back + right
    • Incoming right: move right
    • Incoming bottom right: move forward + right

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Puppytine's right - while mblocking, the only difference between walking and not walking is (or, at least, should be - there might be a bug for all I know :p) that you'll see the animation when walking.

That being said, the timing can be pretty tricky to get right, so it's possible that you were just getting it wrong. (Also, I suggest you try using staffs while practicing mblocking - while the lack of PB requirements can make it seem somewhat like a crutch, the fact that it'll visibly stagger/disarm the target regardless of swingblocks means that you get much better feedback on whether you got it right or not.)