1.          Our team is looking for new blood.... could it be you?

Help us move MBII forward with developing exciting new features!
          Support your favorite mod while gaining valuable experience!

Join the MBII Team as a Beta Tester, Development Partner or Developer today! Click here for details.

Technical Issue Cannot disarm.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asura, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Asura

Asura

I am told that to disarm you must perform a perfect mblock while simultaneously moving and applying attack input.

I am also told that while mblocking and moving, the attack input should create an animation for disarming.

No matter what I do, holding block and pushing swing does not engender this animation.

I have had someone swing at me without swing-blocking and I have perfectly blocked them each time, but adding attack input does not disarm them.

Edit: I figured it out. You need to either be walking or disabled autorun. I guess the person who taught me didn't explain it clearly enough. This can be locked or whatever, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer Technical & Gameplay Support

That's strange, since one of the developers, @Tempest, said:

Crystal clear clarification for how to Mblock:
    - You don't need to be walking
    - You do have to hold block + do an attack input with the following:
    • Perfect block the incoming swing
    • Match direction of incoming swing with proper movement (when you walk, the matching block animation for the corresponding swing makes it fairly easy to see if you were correct
    • Directions to input based on incoming swing:
      • Incoming top left: move back + left
      • Incoming left: move left
      • Incoming bottom left: move forward + left
      • Incoming top: move forward/back
      • Incoming top right: move back + right
      • Incoming right: move right
      • Incoming bottom right: move forward + right

3. DaloLorn

DaloLorn Movie Battles II Team

Puppytine's right - while mblocking, the only difference between walking and not walking is (or, at least, should be - there might be a bug for all I know :p) that you'll see the animation when walking.

That being said, the timing can be pretty tricky to get right, so it's possible that you were just getting it wrong. (Also, I suggest you try using staffs while practicing mblocking - while the lack of PB requirements can make it seem somewhat like a crutch, the fact that it'll visibly stagger/disarm the target regardless of swingblocks means that you get much better feedback on whether you got it right or not.)

4. Asura

Asura

Thanks for the input guys, I will keep your advice in mind.