Technical Issue Cannot disarm.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asura, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Asura

Asura

I am told that to disarm you must perform a perfect mblock while simultaneously moving and applying attack input.

I am also told that while mblocking and moving, the attack input should create an animation for disarming.

No matter what I do, holding block and pushing swing does not engender this animation.

I have had someone swing at me without swing-blocking and I have perfectly blocked them each time, but adding attack input does not disarm them.

Edit: I figured it out. You need to either be walking or disabled autorun. I guess the person who taught me didn't explain it clearly enough. This can be locked or whatever, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer Technical & Gameplay Support

That's strange, since one of the developers, @Tempest, said:

Crystal clear clarification for how to Mblock:
    - You don't need to be walking
    - You do have to hold block + do an attack input with the following:
    • Perfect block the incoming swing
    • Match direction of incoming swing with proper movement (when you walk, the matching block animation for the corresponding swing makes it fairly easy to see if you were correct
    • Directions to input based on incoming swing:
      • Incoming top left: move back + left
      • Incoming left: move left
      • Incoming bottom left: move forward + left
      • Incoming top: move forward/back
      • Incoming top right: move back + right
      • Incoming right: move right
      • Incoming bottom right: move forward + right

3. DaloLorn

DaloLorn Movie Battles II Team

Puppytine's right - while mblocking, the only difference between walking and not walking is (or, at least, should be - there might be a bug for all I know :p) that you'll see the animation when walking.

That being said, the timing can be pretty tricky to get right, so it's possible that you were just getting it wrong. (Also, I suggest you try using staffs while practicing mblocking - while the lack of PB requirements can make it seem somewhat like a crutch, the fact that it'll visibly stagger/disarm the target regardless of swingblocks means that you get much better feedback on whether you got it right or not.)

4. Asura

Asura

Thanks for the input guys, I will keep your advice in mind.