•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue mblocking not working?

when i try to mblock nothing about my lightsaber position changes, is this supposed to happen as i cannot tell if there is a problem with mblocking for me as i have tried to disarm with it but nothing happens so im pretty sure that mblocking isn't working for me

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
You have to walk (hold shift)

(although Tempest's phrasing almost suggests that you can MBlock while not-walking, and you just won't do the animations. I have no idea if that is or isn't true.)

UL-532

Mapper & Box Crafter
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So what are the conditions under which an MBlock can occur now? Seems to be a lot more difficult than before V1.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
So what are the conditions under which an MBlock can occur now? Seems to be a lot more difficult than before V1.

Not that complicated.. proper mblock input (while walking) followed with a PB (minus staff) with the correct timing will disarm a non-swingblocking opponent.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@SammyBeaux Wait, didn't Tempest just clarify that you don't actually need to be walking? That the animation won't go off, but you'll still mblock? That's how I interpreted his reply, anyway.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
@SammyBeaux Wait, didn't Tempest just clarify that you don't actually need to be walking? That the animation won't go off, but you'll still mblock? That's how I interpreted his reply, anyway.
Well, yes, you can mblock without holding shift (which won't trigger the animation) if you're blocking -- I'm not sure if that's been changed or not.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Crystal clear clarification for how to Mblock:
- You don't need to be walking
- You do have to hold block + do an attack input with the following:
  • Perfect block the incoming swing
  • Match direction of incoming swing with proper movement (when you walk, the matching block animation for the corresponding swing makes it fairly easy to see if you were correct
  • Directions to input based on incoming swing:
    • Incoming top left: move back + left
    • Incoming left: move left
    • Incoming bottom left: move forward + left
    • Incoming top: move forward/back
    • Incoming top right: move back + right
    • Incoming right: move right
    • Incoming bottom right: move forward + right